It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Confederate flag RACIST

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Is a Swastika flag a Nazi?

No, but it is a symbol of the Nazi's.

The confederate flag is much the same, its not racist in itself but it is a symbol of racism. Also just as the Swastika it never really started out as a symbol of the nazi party, the flag of the confederate never started out as a racist symbol.

However over time things change, it was once the flag of the confederacy, then it was something of a "rebel" symbol and now it is mostly thought of as a racist symbol.

It is widely recognised that the confederate flag holds racist connotations.

Defending it in my mind like so many other other behaviours on ATS these days stinks of covert racism, you guys don't want to admit to be racist, you don't want to admit to a "white before black" agenda but its quite obvious what your agenda really is. Racist.
edit on 15-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
Well if we're talking about the Charlotte protests, there were people trucking around with swastikas, so I don't think that was about the confederate flag.

As far as whether the confederate flag was racist, I could be totally wrong (if so, someone will correct me), but I thought those flags were basically put away after the civil war on account of the fact that the South lost, and didn't see the light of day again until the civil rights movement. If that's the case, it seems the sentiment is pretty clear. But like I said, I don't know the history as well as others.

I didnt see any swastikas, kkk, white robes on the videos ive seen from other people. I have however seen it from msm and yall are just eating it up, gobble gobble gobble.... its like yall will believe any poison fed to you is food. Sad

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bwomp83

originally posted by: Dudemo5
Well if we're talking about the Charlotte protests, there were people trucking around with swastikas, so I don't think that was about the confederate flag.

As far as whether the confederate flag was racist, I could be totally wrong (if so, someone will correct me), but I thought those flags were basically put away after the civil war on account of the fact that the South lost, and didn't see the light of day again until the civil rights movement. If that's the case, it seems the sentiment is pretty clear. But like I said, I don't know the history as well as others.

I didnt see any swastikas, kkk, white robes on the videos ive seen from other people. I have however seen it from msm and yall are just eating it up, gobble gobble gobble.... its like yall will believe any poison fed to you is food. Sad

Seriously? Five seconds of searching on Google got me images of imbeciles waving swastika flags at their rally to racial insanity in Charlottesville. Dude, wake up.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vorian
a reply to: FlyingFox
Yes. They can be used in museums to show what countries should not do, but they should not fly from ANY official US building. EVER.

The wrong side lost. They were pretty evil in their intent.

How should I view the winning side?

Cherokee Nation Citizen

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ttropia

How should I view the winning side? Cherokee Nation Citizen

Thats the thing . Wonder if all the protesters are willing to move of traditional American indian land .

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Defending it in my mind like so many other other behaviours on ATS these days stinks of covert racism, you guys don't want to admit to be racist, you don't want to admit to a "white before black" agenda but its quite obvious what your agenda really is. Racist.

Cheers buddy, you've broad-brushed me as a 'covert racist.'

Your 'quite obvious' needs recalibrating.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Cheers buddy, you've broad-brushed me as a 'covert racist.'

Your 'quite obvious' needs recalibrating.

This place is crawling with covert racism, people who are too scared to admit that all they really want is a white privileged American utopia where minorities are second class citizens.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

How should I view the winning side? Cherokee Nation Citizen

Thats the thing . Wonder if all the protesters are willing to move of traditional American indian land .

My point being that I fly the American flag and pay taxes. History is history. Hard feelings are not productive.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I've 'defended' the flag and I'm not a racist. This means you've accused a person of being racist without cause. The extension of which means maybe you're seeing racists in places where there aren't any.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The flag is not racist bur how it can be used can be it all depends on the context of how it is being used.
Is the dukes of hazzard racist for having it?.
But waving it at a nazi rally is.
I think the good people of the south should claim it back from being used in racist rally and use it against them with rainbow colours lol.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Your anger is overriding your ability to see all the nuances of this issue. You are starting to see in your mind men in "white hoods" around every corner. Time to step back.

Yes, Charlottesville did happen but because of a lot of reasons-not just racism. Cooler heads will prevail if given time and freedom to express all sides in an open forum. There will always be the fringe which cannot be allowed to prevail-that's your enemy-not every opinion that does not agree with your own.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

and use it against them with rainbow colours lol.

You're welcome

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I've 'defended' the flag and I'm not a racist. This means you've accused a person of being racist without cause. The extension of which means maybe you're seeing racists in places where there aren't any.

Honestly thats the way I see it, I say it as I see it.

There is a lot of people posting on ATS who actually are about two lines away from posting "White power"!!!!

They don't want to come right out and say it

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

You should really out these covert racists and back it up with quotes. Use that free speech!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Your anger is overriding your ability to see all the nuances of this issue.

I am not angry about it, I am sitting in my quiet little street in Scotland just as a onlooker.

Now when the SDL are marching through the streets, yeah I get a bit angry about that, but this nah am not not angry.

But sure, you guys seem to have adopted this usual thinking that if you can pretend that emotion is part of the argument then you can nullify the argument.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

History is history.

Yes history is history and no doubt African americans were treated very poorly for a long time and demonstrations show they feel they still are . But compared to the traditional owners they got it easy . When i see ANTIFA put the American indians before themselves i might take notice .

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You should really out these covert racists and back it up with quotes. Use that free speech!

When say covert Racism I mean things like members saying the guy who was driving the car was only driving it like that because he was feeling form a angry group of left wing protesters.

Nah he wasn't......

He was driving his car at speed into a crowd.

The only reason to defend him in my view is because you are some how sympathetic to him.

To me that makes you no better than those white supermacists, you are not quite saying you side with them but you're arguments make it clear that you do.

You are being a covert racist, not quite saying "White before Black" or that you advocate a white privileged version of America where minorities are second class citizens to the white folk but your getting close to it.

Thats what I mean.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Keep pushing people to the brink and watch what happens. People are so stupid that they don't even consider the consequences anymore. home-with-confederate-flag-storme d-in-al-two-males-beaten-and-killed

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I'm not arguing with your ability to 'say it as you see it.' I'm telling you I am not a racist and that your 'racist detector' needs recalibrating.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Oh I see. Your making judgments based on little information and emotions.

If they don't agree with your line of reasoning or beliefs, they are racist?

Sounds like bigotry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join