It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under Armour, Intel CEOs quit Trump's job council over Charlottesville rally response

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

"We remain resolute in our potential and ability to improve American manufacturing," Plank said in a statement. "However, Under Armour engages in innovation and sports, not politics."

Under Armour, Intel CEOs quit Trump's job council over Charlottesville rally response

This is 3 CEOs now that have left this council. They are upset that Trump did not call the separatists the traitors that they are.

Looks like money is going to rule the day, and as an American who believes in capitalism I'm happy to see this

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

Corporations have an allegiance to profits and progressivism and other multi-national corporations.

Globalism is happening.

They have no allegiance to Trump but rather to the company's future.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: HunkaHunka

Corporations have an allegiance to profits and progressivism and other multi-national corporations.

Globalism is happening.

They have no allegiance to Trump but rather to the company's future.

Isn't that Capitalism? Why do we invest in profitable companies...free enterprise.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
um going to get some of that Under Armour , I wanta be trendy too...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I read today that a fourth one has quit. NY Daily News has the story.

It seems that they aren't interested in being part of a "team" with such a volatile leader - and I"m sure they won't be back after he howled outrage in Twitter over this. That kind of behavior (changing parameters, embroiled in controversy, verbally backstabbing people who walk away) means that not many are going to be eager to join his panels and his causes. And it was beyond ironic that he tried to take them to task for manufacturing things abroad when both he and Ivanka manufacture abroad.

edit on 15-8-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The days of taking time to "write" letters of complaint to companies are long gone, however, social media, apps, etc. have made it quite easy for people to vocalise their opinions to companys.

Companies would do well to realize opinions do not equate to spending power, I suspect it is quite the opposite, actually.

My wife and I both work 50+ hrs/ wk, we own and maintain 6 acres, coach our 2 kids teams, volunteer, etc.

We don't have time let companies know our political beliefs or how we spend based on that.

Interestingly, my 14 y/o daughter does have time to let companies know her beliefs, and tells them she will not be spending money w/ them.

That's easy for her to do, as she doesn't make any money to spend.
edit on 17-8-2017 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join