It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this is normal, I'm glad i don't drink booze

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Please show me one case where simply leaving a bar is considered reasonable suspicion, officer.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It is my understanding (and I am no means an expert), Is being seen leaving a bar is grounds to pull you over on suspicion of being under the influence.
There are also laws about being intoxicated in public (walking), and even riding a bicycle (by some judges, is considered driving [or operating a vehicle] under the influence).

There is also a fair amount of case law between walking vs driving that has lead to a not guilty verdict.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

And please tell me when was the last time you arrested and prosecuted someone for public drunkenness.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Please show me one case where simply leaving a bar is considered reasonable suspicion, officer.

The one that the suspect was over the legal limit?
Have you ever gone through a sobriety checkpoint?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Sobriety check points are operated under a different standard. But even there, you can't be forced to stop more than momentarily without reasonable suspicion. One cannot possible judge whether someone is over the legal limit by simply seeing them walk out of a drinking establishment.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

There's a good reason I call Indiana "Bandiana"... Even buying E-Juice for mods out of state is illegal. Can't make your own either. As of a few weeks ago (and was just ruled as most idiotic law but was a law for a few years now), only 1 Indiana company was allowed to make juice and all businesses had to buy only from them.
Which created a monopoly.
Which caused tens of thousands to go out of business.
Which gave us vapers no juice choices and differences.

I'm so glad that was finally overturned... Though as of right now we still can't buy juice out of state or make our own.
Stupid Bandiana.

We get it, you Vape.

Just teasing

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Sobriety check points are operated under a different standard. But even there, you can't be forced to stop more than momentarily without reasonable suspicion. One cannot possible judge whether someone is over the legal limit by simply seeing them walk out of a drinking establishment.

I do not disagree with you, but these are the games law enforcement plays, because things like sobriety checkpoints have been deemed legal "for the greater good."
edit on 15-8-2017 by randomtangentsrme because: I do not want to see drunks driving BTW.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Agreed. The story the OP tells is one of abuse of authority. Someone in power in that town does not favor drinking establishments for some reason, perhaps personal, perhaps religious, or perhaps they're eliminating competition. The boys in blue are following orders without question and the regular citizenry and the business owners are left holding the bag.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Though as of right now we still can't buy juice out of state or make our own.

I am currently living in Southern Indiana as well, Clarksville. I was here through the ban and it's lifting but I don't know what you're talking about in reference to not being able to buy juice out of state. My local vape shops have had juices from out of state for several months now and I regularly drive to Louisville for juice. Is that not legal? I don't order online so maybe that?

We've got no shortage of bars either. But we are the second most dangerous city in Indiana and pretty high on the overdose list. It's not so bad. You can vape and drink but you might get stabbed by a heroin addict or methneck (that's meth fueled redneck).

Come visit the town sometime, I promise you might not get stabbed.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Noncents because: Expanded

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
My brother is a retired police officer,and yes easy way to catch drunk drivers,post about 2 am bound to catch one

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

So they stand outside across the street, waiting. When folks drive off, they send the license plate so they get pulled over.

I fail to see a problem with that , at least you can see them and not drive . Uber /taxi works for most people around the world . Here in South Australia drink driving has almost gone the way of the dinosaur , they will get you eventually . Meth driving on the other hand is on the rise sadly .

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure what their doing is in fact illegal. Seems like to me the police there don't want anything messing with the "selling of the meth". Sounds like a good reason to re-locate to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Wow Indiana makes upstate New York seem like a paradise. If you have the means move. Or run for office at the state level. I plan to here.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This really is a candy A** world of S*** Kickers if you cannot even go to a bar and get trashed without having to worry about the police busting you just because. Public Drunkenness? You people need lives. Getting wasted in public is fun.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

A police officer was staking out a well-known bar to bust some potential DWI-ers. As it neared closing time, an extremely intoxicated man stumbled out of the bar and spent 30 minutes looking for his car. When all the other drivers had left, the drunk finally located his vehicle. He spent another 20 minutes fumbling for his keys and trying to unlock his car. Finally, he got in and eventually managed to start his car. As soon as he pulled away, the police officer went after him and pulled him over, giving him the breathalizer test. It came up negative. “How could this be?” the officer sputtered. “I saw you! You were falling all over the place!” The driver grinned and said, “Tonight I’m the Designated Decoy.”

-Unknown

That'd fix 'em!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Well if I’m not allowed to walk home under the influence, I’m staying in the pub forever.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Lol not enough cops to arrest drunk people in my world, certainly not enough police cells. You only get arrested being drunk here if you're committing some public order offence or other crime.
Sounds like a police state where the OP is.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

That'd fix 'em!

Absolutely Brilliant!!!

That gave me a good chuckle

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Walking drunk, bike riding, swimming.. Whatever. It all is against existing laws everywhere. If only "public intoxication"..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join