It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If this is normal, I'm glad i don't drink booze

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So in my town in Southern Indiana, I just heard literally 5 ish minutes ago, that the cops are wanting to get the last bar here shut down,
So they stand outside across the street, waiting. When folks drive off, they send the license plate so they get pulled over. But that's not the worst imo.

They also stop responsible walkers and arrest them for walking while buzzed or drunk.

Is this even allowed?! We had 5 bars in town and slowly but surely the cops did the same song and dance, making it so patrons wouldn't return and the bars would shut one at a time.

I can understand driving.
But walking. Isn't that the best route to take so one doesn't dui and kill another? So walking home now gets them a record and in jail.

O.o

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

My suspicions were correct.

Indiana blows👎

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

This is why you make sure you are good and sober before leaving the bar. Cops may be dumb sometimes but they know where to find drunk drivers.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
drive off the bars and arrest people for walking? i guess they'd rather be dealing with opioid overdoses and meth labs, then. choices!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

In northern Indiana we tell the cops where to go.

Voting for mayors and city council seats gets the point across.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

There's a good reason I call Indiana "Bandiana"... Even buying E-Juice for mods out of state is illegal. Can't make your own either. As of a few weeks ago (and was just ruled as most idiotic law but was a law for a few years now), only 1 Indiana company was allowed to make juice and all businesses had to buy only from them.
Which created a monopoly.
Which caused tens of thousands to go out of business.
Which gave us vapers no juice choices and differences.

I'm so glad that was finally overturned... Though as of right now we still can't buy juice out of state or make our own.
Stupid Bandiana.
edit on 39pmMon, 14 Aug 2017 22:41:39 -0500Mon, 14 Aug 2017 22:41:39 -0500pm1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20pmMon, 14 Aug 2017 22:42:20 -0500Mon, 14 Aug 2017 22:42:20 -0500pm1833 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Don't forget no alcohol sales on sunday

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

M

O

V

E

AWAY.

N O W!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Nice.... wait... like the wind...lame

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That's terrible.

Thankfully there's a bar on nearly every corner where I live, they can't cover them all and mostly stick around college bars.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

Exactly. Drinking and eating is a blast. I love to walk from bar to bar. Having limited options makes it easier for the po-po to be jerks.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I don't know what constitution they follow in Indiana, but stopping a car because the driver simply left a bar, without more, is itself against the law. Once again, not knowing what laws they have in your fair state, walking while buzzed does not seem to be a legitimate basis for stopping a person. Public drunkenness as a criminal law went the way of the Dodo in most civilized states sometime in the middle of last century.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
They should just get the Uber ap. We use it all the time

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

In my state you don't even have to drive buzzed. Put the keys in the ignition and you're going down.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Sounds like someone up high in that town wants to ban drinking. It's not my town so I cannot say anything. If it was my town I would be going out and running for city hall to stop the madness there. A group of people can take over the town and do whatever they want. This is just the start, usually the power goes to their heads.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

In my state you don't even have to drive buzzed. Put the keys in the ignition and you're going down.

Even if you are in the passenger seat....

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I don't know what constitution they follow in Indiana, but stopping a car because the driver simply left a bar, without more, is itself against the law. Once again, not knowing what laws they have in your fair state, walking while buzzed does not seem to be a legitimate basis for stopping a person. Public drunkenness as a criminal law went the way of the Dodo in most civilized states sometime in the middle of last century.

Leaving the bar driving is reasonable suspicion . Public drunkenness is a law in most states that I know .
Right or wrong.
Where do you get your information ?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Public drunkenness is a law in most states that I know

This is what I thought as well. It has to be a designated event with a permit, like a beer garden.

Recently the corner store guy told me I could get busted if I didn't carry out my alcohol purchases in a bag. I never knew that!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

It's even worse in Britain,simply being in the vehicle whether the keys are in the ignition or not is enough to get you charged.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

True in my state too, as long as you put the keys in the ignition on a public way, etc..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join