It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CEOs quitting Trump's Business Panel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I wasn't accusing you at all.
I asked because you said hate was coming your way, then referenced Nazis.
So, do you or don't you?

Yes. Im a Nazi who thinks hating someone because of their skin color is evil.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

That's a good place to start.
What does being a Nazi represent to you?
Please, explain.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Vehemently, not so much.

Yeah, I guess calling them "evil" and "thugs" isn't vehemently denouncing them. I guess Trump should have called for them all to be tossed in gas chambers.

Apparently it was the GOP that badgered Trump into being more forceful in condemnation of the Nazi's; can't blame them for not wanting to be associated with the white supremacists with the mid terms coming up soon. Even republicans remember why we fought WWII.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Right..the GOP and more specifically, his new Chief of Staff, General Kelly, got President Trump to condemn specific hate groups today.

Up until that moment, he was enjoying watching the liberal media short-circuit because of what he didn't say.

After watching what happened in Venezuela, this Charlottsville protest was tame by comparison. We are so spoiled.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

That's a good place to start.
What does being a Nazi represent to you?
Please, explain.

It represents someone who thinks their race is superior and that everyone else should be exterminated.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Right..the GOP and more specifically, his new Chief of Staff, General Kelly, got President Trump to condemn specific hate groups today. Up until that moment, he was enjoying watching the liberal media short-circuit because of what he didn't say.

Perhaps but I think it's more likely that Trump was watching youtube, enjoying his alt right supporters chant his name while giving the Nazi salute.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

We are one people, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. That is what we aspire to, often falling short.

No race, as it's referenced, is superior.

May you see the error of those thoughts, and find a better way. There are better ways. Ways that embrace one another.

Whatever has made you believe that someone else must be less than you, was wrong. Completely.

The beauty and accomplishments of the human species, are because of our diversity.

Don't carry that kind of hate and resentment in your heart, because it will eat you from within.

We will stand, together, against hate.

Especially, the kind of hate you professed.

May you seek, and find, a new peace.

edit on 15-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I truly hope that you are joking, or trolling, because you can't honestly believe that I am a Nazi. I have explicitly stated that hating someone based on their race is beyond idiotic. Did you forget that? Asians are more successful in America than whites, clearly whites aren't some master race. When I said "Yes. I am a Nazi", I'm assuming that you are some older person who doesn't understand internet sarcasm, in which case I apologize for wasting what precious moments you have left.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So.

What did he lose?

edit on 15-8-2017 by nowuknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I take you at your word, many of which, are horrifying. And they remain yours.

If you can't believe anything you say, then why speak? Rhetorical.

I'm understanding why you have garnered such disdain that you complain so adamantly about.

It appears well deserved. Sadly and unconstrutively.

The precious moments wasted are yours.

Your words, for me, stand as your intentions.

Again, your words, unrepeated in your attempt to backtrack., stand.

I'm quite sure we could have nothing further to say.

It's been quite some time since I've seen binary so purposely turned to waste.

I'd say later but, I think not.

What a sad representative you portray yourself to be.

But wait, just perhaps, the reason business advisors are bailing on Trump, is because talking to him, is like talking to you.

A waste of atmosphere.

Not the ATS way., at all.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I take you at your word, many of which, are horrifying. And they remain yours.

If you can't believe anything you say, then why speak? Rhetorical.

I'm understanding why you have garnered such disdain that you complain so adamantly about.

It appears well deserved. Sadly and unconstrutively.

The precious moments wasted are yours.

Your words, for me, stand as your intentions.

Again, your words, unrepeated in your attempt to backtrack., stand.

I'm quite sure we could have nothing further to say.

It's been quite some time since I've seen binary so purposely turned to waste.

I'd say later but, I think not.

What a sad representative you portray yourself to be.

But wait, just perhaps, the reason business advisors are bailing on Trump, is because talking to him, is like talking to you.

A waste of atmosphere.

Not the ATS way., at all.

YOu are trolling and not even really listening to anyone.

Those CEOs knew good and well what trump was about but still joined up. then when it looks good for PR they drop him. its so obvious its pathetic.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Those CEOs knew what America was about. They signed up to help America. Then, when they realized how incapable Trump was of carrying out his duties in any honorable way, they quit.

When an administration is this destructive, resistance becomes the only way to legitimately help our country.

By leaving, they are helping. By refusing to hold any official role in an administration run amok, they do more, than could be done, from inside.

This isn't a PR move. It's other leaders of business recognizing that no good can come from a morally bankrupt administration that seeks only to attack those whom might disagree.

This president is an abject bully.

Leaving him, alone, in the schoolyard, is their only remaining option.

Few good people will be able to stand, for long, next to one who leads with hate and inspires none.

There will be more to leave. There is little else they can do.

(post by face23785 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
UPDATED: Alliance for American Manufacturing, CEO Scott Paul (MJ) just resigned.

Trump may be about to get Trumka-ed.

Following Frazier's announcement, Richard Trumka, president of the AFL-CIO a union federation with 12 million members said it was also assessing its involvement with Trump's business panel. Trumka sits on the panel.

The AFL-CIO has unequivocally denounced the actions of bigoted domestic terrorists in Charlottesville and called on the president to do the same, Trumka said, adding, While the AFL-CIO will remain a powerful voice for the freedoms of working people, there are real questions into the effectiveness of this council to deliver real policy that lifts working families. 

Frazier and Plank are the fourth and fifth business leaders to quit Trump's business panel. The Disney chairman Bob Iger and Tesla chief executive Elon Musk both resigned in June after the president announced he would withdraw the US from the Paris climate agreement.

Intel and Under Armour are gone with Frazier already.

Trumka, if he does resign, probably won't be the last.

Who remains?

Uber's CEO, Travis Kalanick, was the first executive to quit the council. In February, he announced his resignation following intense criticism from staff and customers.

Alliance for American Manufacturing, CEO Scott Paul (MJ) just resigned.

ETA Forbes is keeping score.

Affirmatively staying on:

--General Motors, CEO Mary Barra (SP)

--Cleveland Clinic, CEO Toby Cosgrove (SP)

--JP Morgan Chase, CEO Jamie Dimon (SP)

--Wal-Mart, CEO Doug McMillon (SP)

Source

Source
Link to Forbes spreadsheet tracking resignations from the President's Manufacturing Business Panel

edit on Tue Aug 15 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: face23785
Merck and Under Armour CEOs Quit

In addition to them, I just saw another one quit on my Twitter feed. Wow. Merck was kind of no surprise because Trump has been critical of them in the past. But if they're all gonna start jumping ship over this overblown reaction to Charlottesville, I'd say none of them were serious about changing the business environment in this country in the first place. They got their publicity, they want to change things and help the working class, now they got an easy out so they can continue business as usual.

Hah!

Is there an opposite idiom for "the chickens have come home to roost"?

"The rats are fleeing the ship".

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Trump Tweeted prior to the new resignation announcememt of Alliance of American Manufacturing CEO Scott Paul.

The Exodus from the administration continues.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Why would anyone continue to have anything to do with Trump? The few decent ideas he has, don't get any follow through, and everything else is a vague idea or desire, littered with hyperbole. "It's going to be the best (insert objective here) anyone has ever done it, and it will be done so cheaply, and so bigly, and so perfectly, that you will be amazed ant how incredible it is."

And God forbid you say one wrong thing as a a member of said business panel, and you are at the end of one of his dumb ass Tweet storms. The man has the self control of a toddler. He's appointed and then fired more people that the last six administrations combined, with hundreds of important posts still vacant. Why, as a CEO of a major corporation, would you subject yourself or your business to Trump's chaos and nonsense?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I guess you're still pretending he didn't denounce the neo-Nazis and racists.

The Neo Nazis, the KKK and White Supremacists groups are denying it!

“Donald Trump’s most recent condemnation of racism was also good and was appropriate as the head of our entire country,” Johnson wrote TPM in an email.

“I note that he condemned all racism INCLUDING that coming from the KKK and neo-nazis. The use of the word ‘including’ indicates that he believes there is a larger, over-arching source of racism besides those groups named.”

Johnson went on to say he believes white people face more racism than non-whites.

“This is because whites have, by and large, been conditioned to suppress racist thoughts,” he wrote. “Saturday’s deadly act in Charlotteville [sic] by the angry white driver with the lead foot proves this fact. Acts of violence by whites are proportionally fewer that by many other groups. His act sets the nationalist movement back considerably.”

“I am pleased with what Donald Trump said,” Johnson added. “The only solution for the festering racism of this country is separation and the creation of a white ethnostate.”

talkingpointsmemo.com...

Apparently they didn't get the memo that Trump has comdemned them!

edit on 15-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hypocrisy there is for sure..I think big time lack of confidence more so, almost like rats jumping from a burning ship/dumpster.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I guess you're still pretending he didn't denounce the neo-Nazis and racists.

The Neo Nazis, the KKK and White Supremacists groups are denying it!

“Donald Trump’s most recent condemnation of racism was also good and was appropriate as the head of our entire country,” Johnson wrote TPM in an email.

“I note that he condemned all racism INCLUDING that coming from the KKK and neo-nazis. The use of the word ‘including’ indicates that he believes there is a larger, over-arching source of racism besides those groups named.”

Johnson went on to say he believes white people face more racism than non-whites.

“This is because whites have, by and large, been conditioned to suppress racist thoughts,” he wrote. “Saturday’s deadly act in Charlotteville [sic] by the angry white driver with the lead foot proves this fact. Acts of violence by whites are proportionally fewer that by many other groups. His act sets the nationalist movement back considerably.”

“I am pleased with what Donald Trump said,” Johnson added. “The only solution for the festering racism of this country is separation and the creation of a white ethnostate.”

talkingpointsmemo.com...

Apparently they didn't get the memo that Trump has comdemned them!

Then they're as delusional as the pathetic losers here who can't accept the fact that he did because they just can't live without an excuse to whine about Trump.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Why would anyone continue to have anything to do with Trump? The few decent ideas he has, don't get any follow through, and everything else is a vague idea or desire, littered with hyperbole. "It's going to be the best (insert objective here) anyone has ever done it, and it will be done so cheaply, and so bigly, and so perfectly, that you will be amazed ant how incredible it is."

And God forbid you say one wrong thing as a a member of said business panel, and you are at the end of one of his dumb ass Tweet storms. The man has the self control of a toddler. He's appointed and then fired more people that the last six administrations combined, with hundreds of important posts still vacant. Why, as a CEO of a major corporation, would you subject yourself or your business to Trump's chaos and nonsense?

To be fair. he has reps in both sides who hate him so thats one reason he cant get anything done. next all th e investigations drawing his attention. Another way to screw him over obviously.
We have to blame them ALL not just trump here. Our ENTIRE government is messed up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join