It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a Difference a Few Days Makes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

After a weekend filled with a series of conciliatory statements from China, some of them downright surprising, the situation with North Korea seems to be less tense right now, which could be construed as a major win for the Trump team.

Interesting. Note the source; MSNBC.

Lately I've been postulating on how the whole NK situation was based on KJI having allies he could trust, namely China. Along with the MSM helping hes never ending rhetoric toward the west, it was clear that he is not the mad-man to the extent they claim. I mean really, if death and destruction were his main goal, they would come to pass in some extent outside his country.

Amidst this small side note and a pretty large positive coming out of the Trump administration, here at home, once again, we are met with coast to coast headlines of inner strife.

What a difference a few days make.

Indeed.

Source

The narration is becoming all too obvious.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Joshua, I think you're following too many threads.

a reply to: JoshuaCox

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

2 things. Note the thread subject area and the content.

This is about the rapid dismissal from what was end times as of last week, to something completely different. While the argument exists that what transpired was serious, I've still no idea why the media pressured the POTUS on such matters if his hands were full with the NK situation.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Because every president in a decade has comment on nearly every terrorist attack...

Trump doubly so..

It would have been too easy to just say..

Of course I denounce the kkk next question...

No need for rethinking the North Korea strategy required...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Kim Jong Un says he's "standing down" all-of-a-sudden.

Wonder why?

He must have been "contacted" by operatives inside North Korea.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
This is about the rapid dismissal from what was end times as of last week, to something completely different. ... his hands were full with the NK situation.

I think the North Korea thingy is President Trump's ... red line.

There's nothing else to say about the subject for now. If North Korea fires its missiles ... Secretary Mattis' Department of Defense is going to blow North Korea off the face of the planet. This was just reported 16 hours ago (not even a day).

The problem, as I see it, is President Trump clearly drew a red line. He's not going to walk that back like the last president did. He won't be able to 'get away with that' and I'm sure he senses it.

These are the most dangerous days I've lived on this planet ... and I lived under Nikita Khrushchev's threats.

edit on 1482017 by Snarl because: Autocorrect: Mattis

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

We have a crazy dictator threatening nuclear armageddon and a few hundred people in a town attempting to kill each other over competing versions of totalitarian ideology while the governor stands by and does nothing, and the press thinks the derelict governor is more important?

If Trump got all tied up in knots over fighting racists and the Norks nuked Guam, you know the optics on that one.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

In other words, KJ has been put in check. Not one sort of ordinance has been fired, and it rests back on him. That's all he can do outside of some very heavy handed tactics.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We have a crazy dictator threatening nuclear armageddon and a few hundred people in a town attempting to kill each other over competing versions of totalitarian ideology while the governor stands by and does nothing, and the press thinks the derelict governor is more important?

If Trump got all tied up in knots over fighting racists and the Norks nuked Guam, you know the optics on that one.

Exactly. This POTUS can't win with plenty of pundits and citizens. Continuing to let the MSM carry the narrative is going to have disastrous consequences.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I like the fact that Kim Jung Un is 'going to watch the US now' It's coming on fall, not a good time for war for an impoverished Nation. President Trump seems to be sated for now, everybody saving Face at the moment.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Because every president in a decade has comment on nearly every terrorist attack...

Only had 1 . And he called it workplace violence , constantly and with consistency . Never terrorism.
Oh , wait . He did say the cause of terrorist groups was global warming....

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
And we knew it would happen. Or at least the informed among us. NK has just about gotten on China's last nerve. China owes a great deal of its economy to the US . And the US owes China a lot for buying billions of "junk bonds" and bundled underwater home mortgages .

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Economics > Politics?

Huh, who'd a thunk it!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I think it has more to do with something China has either said or did. Americans seem to like to think everyone fears our "power," when in truth, China instills more fear around the world than anyone else does.

There are a couple of reasons for this.

The primary cause is that China is the global "hermit." China doesn't get overly involved in global affairs and people don't really know what they are and aren't capable of.

Secondly, China accounts for almost two billion of the world's population. That's nothing to sneeze at. Hell, they have more women in their military than we have people in all branches of our military combined!! Let that sink in for a moment.

Anyway, just my two cents.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Hell, they have more women in their military than we have people in all branches of our military combined!! Let that sink in for a moment.

I hear you. I know they have more people in uniform than the US military has bullets in inventory. All military planners know this. That's why we can be pretty certain if we go after China, it's gonna be something other than what most would define as conventional warfare.

new topics

top topics

join