It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Campaign Officials Repeatedly Rebuffed Meetings With Russian Government

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Well, looks like someone is leaking again. Only this time the information
shows that The Trump Campaign repeatedly rejected meeting with Russian Diplomats.

Top officials on Donald Trump’s presidential campaign rebuffed requests from a lower level volunteer seeking meetings between the then-real estate mogul and Russian government, according to email exchanges leaked to The Washington Post.

The facts run against the "Russia Narrative".

The campaign emails, which were read to The Post by an unidentified source, reveal a previously-undisclosed connection between a member of the Trump campaign and the Russian government. Papadopoulos indicated in some of the emails that he had contacts close to the Russian government. But the exchanges also run counter to the allegations that the campaign colluded with the Russian government prior to the election.

“Mr. Manafort’s swift action reflects the attitude of the campaign — any invitation by Russia, directly or indirectly, would be rejected outright.”

dailycaller.com...

This should pretty much put an end to the entire
"Collusion" and Muh Russia narrative...

Yet we will be subjected daily to the fake news.
Expect to see them wear out the Hilter angle again.

At this point it is nearing PsyOp levels.

edit on 14-8-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Scaramucci and others claim Bannon is the leaker.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
Scaramucci and others claim Bannon is the leaker.

Supposedly, the President does too.
ATS Discussion: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But the subject of this thread about Russia being rebuffed, is a GOOD leak.
edit on 8/14/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Yes, Clovis really shut that down in no uncertain terms.

On March 24, Clovis, the campaign co-chairman who also served on the foreign policy team, reacted to one proposed Russia meeting by writing, “We thought we probably should not go forward with any meeting with the Russians until we have had occasion to sit with our NATO allies.”

I mean, how much more clear could he have been that under no circumstances should anyone suggest meeting with Russians. Amirite? That's why Papadopoulos kept trying to setup meetings over and over again.

This should pretty much put an end to the entire "Collusion" and Muh Russia narrative...

Says you, in every thread.

This isn't exculpatory. It just shows Clovis thinking that Trump meeting with Putin was a bad idea at that time. Manafort wanted it known that Donald Trump would not be making trips to meet with Russian officials. Didn't stop Manafort from meeting in June with what he had every reason to expect was a liaison with the Kremlin. Did it?
edit on 2017-8-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If this is so, as reported in the Caller, why wait so very long to make it public. Why allow all this time to pass when ,if this is the real truth, it might have put an end to it all ten months ago..

Isn't it just as believable that the answer to that question is that THIS is false? Once again an anonymous source alerts the Daily Caller.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

The Washington Post is, as usual, full of chit. At the same time the tabloid was running the story you linked to, they were publishing this one as well..

Three days after Donald Trump named his campaign foreign policy team in March 2016, the youngest of the new advisers sent an email to seven campaign officials with the subject line: “Meeting with Russian Leadership - Including Putin.”

The adviser, George Papadopoulos, offered to set up “a meeting between us and the Russian leadership to discuss US-Russia ties under President Trump,” telling them his Russian contacts welcomed the opportunity, according to internal campaign emails read to The Washington Post.

Source: www.msn.com... =spartanntp

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
These emails must be products of that "search warrant" that we haven't seen yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheOneElectric

I tend to ignore all of the gossip around
McMaster and Bannon.

Since this leak backs up Trumps claims
that this is a Witch Hunt, it would be
hard to imagine why Wa Po even printed it.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Manafort wanted it known that Donald Trump would not be making trips to meet with Russian officials

I can't seem to reconcile this with your 100+'mud threads.
edit on 14-8-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Fake news.....

Here's the truth.

Trump campaign aide repeatedly tried to set up meetings with Russian leaders including Putin: report

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Oh noes? You mean Mah Russia is bogus? I mean, I don't even know WTF "Mah Russa" means, but damn I'm glad to hear it's bogus.

And here all this time i was thinking "Mah Russia" was not bogus. Good thing we have this one story that doesn't even claim "Mah Russia" is bogus to prove it's bogus. I mean, whew! What a close call!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Wa Po has to wait for the leakers, Amirite?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Wa Po compost

I call it Amazonian spin.

They use the title as click bait, and try to bury
the details in the bottom part of the pile.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Fake news.....

Here's the truth.

Trump campaign aide repeatedly tried to set up meetings with Russian leaders including Putin: report

www.rawstory.com...

Rawstory = rawsewerage

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
These emails must be products of that "search warrant" that we haven't seen yet.

Just think, they weren't deleted!
Or bleach bitted!?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Now that is calling out fake news!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Wa Po has to wait for the leakers, Amirite?

Actually, I pay little attention to the source of leaks. Some of it's true and some of its' not. There are so many ways to lie now, so many ways to coerce and manipulate peoples thinking that that it's a wonder any of us remain sane. I wonder about that a lot. Maybe they have made us all crazy. Maybe they didnt have anything to do with it at all. Maybe we are just a species with a fatal mental virus that has run it's course. Maybe we are madder than hatters and never knew it.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: carewemust

Wa Po compost

I call it Amazonian spin.

They use the title as click bait, and try to bury
the details in the bottom part of the pile.

Thanks! That would explain why I thought the story was Anti-Trump, when it was actually Pro-Trump. Washington Compost is horrible.

It's a good thing Right-Wingers are not violent like the Left, or the liberal media would have to keep armed guards around their buildings.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I just finished the WAPO article. It's a weird story.

One the one hand, we have this junior member of the Trump campaign who keeps sending out email chains to his superiors basically saying, "Hey guys, we should totally meet with the Russian government!"

On the other hand, you have others in the campaign raising alarms and saying, "Uh, we should totally not do that until have time to meet with our NATO allies."

And in the meantime, Donald Trump Jr. is encouraging his contacts to set up the now infamous meeting where he hopes to get "dirt on Hillary" in accordance with The Russian government's ongoing support of Mr. Trump.

So clearly Donald Jr. knew he shouldn't be taking the meeting since these other Russian meetings immediately raised red flags.

Unless the campaign was simply so scattered they had no idea what they were doing.

I mean, the junior aid had practically zero experience.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I saw this story too - it shows clearly that the Trump campaign did not want to meet with Russia.
An already fading Russian collusion fairy tale is now crumbling into dust, leaving a lot of propaganda pushers looking like the idiots we knew them to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join