It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice demands 1.3M IP addresses related to Trump resistance site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Look out for the Justice Department !!

They want IP addresses for some websites that may be connected to the Jan 20th civil unrest.

A web hosting company is apparently reluctantly cooperating.

The company says there's potentially 1.3 million ip addresses involved !!

“In essence, the Search Warrant not only aims to identify the political dissidents of the current administration, but attempts to identify and understand what content each of these dissidents viewed on the website,”

Justice demands 1.3M IP addresses related to Trump resistance site

The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump, the Los Angeles-based Dreamhost said in a blog post published on Monday.

Dreamhost, a web hosting provider, said that it has been working with the Department of Justice for several months on the request, which believes goes too far under the Constitution.

DreamHost claimed that the complying with the request from the Justice Department would amount to handing over roughly 1.3 million visitor IP addresses to the government, in addition to contact information, email content and photos of thousands of visitors to the website, which was involved in organizing protests against Trump on Inauguration Day.
“That information could be used to identify any individuals who used this site to exercise and express political speech protected under the Constitution’s First Amendment,” DreamHost wrote in the blog post on Monday. “That should be enough to set alarm bells off in anyone’s mind.”

When contacted, the Justice Department directed The Hill to the U.S. attorney's office in D.C.

||
_
||

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i guess trump's still mad the protests drew more people than his inauguration...

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is not unprecedented, Obama did this and sent gag
orders along with, so the website owners could not
even mention it.

But Obama surely had a just reason lol, sure right.
Like the unmasking to weaponize the IC for political
purposes, which is unconstitutional.

I think this would be great if The DOJ can use this
info to find Soros money and indict him for inciting
Illegal rioting.

edit on 14-8-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I see the word "demand"
Then I see "request"

So which is it?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Geez, this sounds rather familiar. Who else do we know who tracks down their online dissidents?

Oh yes, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, among others. The same folks we rail against for doing it to their own citizens. Are we taking pages from their book now? My, my, America. That was a hefty fall down the freedom ladder.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

This is not unprecedented, Obama did this and sent gag
orders along with, so the website owners could not
even mention it.

But Obama surely had a just reason lol, sure right.
Like the unmasking to weaponize the IC for political
purposes, which is unconstitutional.

I think this would be great if The DOJ can use this
info to find Soros money and indict him for inciting
Illegal rioting.

And illegal "financing" too !!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I see the word "demand"
Then I see "request"

So which is it?

Which do YOU think it is ?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
They ain't got enough lawyers, you're safe enough Foxy!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Recent actions indicate that AG Jeff Sessions is finally starting to realize that he's on President Trump's team.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
So google and the government is looking for people. Makes sense.

i guess trump's still mad the protests drew more people than his inauguration...

I wonder which hate group was larger? Thanks for the insight.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
They likely already have the ones for the white supremacists.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

“In essence, the Search Warrant not only aims to identify the political dissidents of the current administration, but attempts to identify and understand what content each of these dissidents viewed on the website,”
-OP

So what about content? Can they see what pages on that Web site you visited, and what you wrote in that e-mail? Yes, they can, if they choose to do so. But that's a lot of work with very little return for them. And there are legal limits.

For instance, in the United States, ISPs can only share content with the government (I'll let you decide if you find that comforting). On the other hand, there are no such restrictions on with whom they can share your metadata.

Source

What's sites are next? IMO conspiracy leaning sites could be on the radar too.
edit on 14-8-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

I guess you are still mad Trump won.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

And illegal "financing" too !!

RICO, Throw it at them.

If Mayors and Governors are involved, indict them too.
Virginia seems to be a hotbed of hatred, I wonder why?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Geez, this sounds rather familiar. Who else do we know who tracks down their online dissidents?

Oh yes, China, Saudi Arabia, Iran, among others. The same folks we rail against for doing it to their own citizens. Are we taking pages from their book now? My, my, America. That was a hefty fall down the freedom ladder.

Every country does if there is a clear and present danger

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I see the word "demand"
Then I see "request"

So which is it?

Trumpy couldn't remember the word request, so he stiffed up and said "demand"

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I am sure someone could make an anonymous donation....

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

...and Hillary Clinton, and at the time, the Clinton Administration.

Oh yeah... and the Obama Administration, the Bush Administration... did I forget anyone? :-D

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

-OP

So what about content? Can they see what pages on that Web site you visited, and what you wrote in that e-mail? Yes, they can, if they choose to do so. But that's a lot of work with very little return for them. And there are legal limits.

For instance, in the United States, ISPs can only share content with the government (I'll let you decide if you find that comforting). On the other hand, there are no such restrictions on with whom they can share your metadata.

Source

What's sites are next? IMO conspiracy leaning sites could be on the radar too.

Don't forget... "No Such Agency" hoovers up 100% of this information, tags it to a user, and makes it searchable if they want to pull a warrant and look at what you have been doing.

Since it's machine operated... they can claim it isn't a surveil... if they single you out, they'll look at the data, and if there's something juicy they want to go after you for... they will pull a warrant and the "find" the evidence (again).

Welcome to the future, which is already in advanced progress.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

thats only if cnn is to be believed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join