It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters pull down Confederate statue at old Durham County courthouse

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
a reply to: yuppa

prove it

Couldn't you prove it yourself with some research?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The North was fighting to save the Union not abolish slavery. It was all about money. The secession threat because of Lincoln broke many banks in the north as they were dependent on bonds and monies from loans in the South. The south made its money with exports and the north made money off the banking, loans and regulation of the exports. The north was broke and needed the south. It was a mess.

Was slavery an issue, yes, but that is not why the war was fought. They owned slaves. The south used slaves as cheap labor so when it was made that they would no longer have them it was a hit to commerce in the south.

Like anything, there were many factors but to say it was fought to simply abolish slavery is incorrect.

Read books and not internet memes. It is amazing to read a book printed at the beginning of the 20 century as opposed to one written today.
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002017-08-17T20:04:14-05:000814 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

prove it

No, I can't. And I won't. I posted credible sources disproving the person i was ACTUALLY responding to, and all thats been given in return is opinion and commentary.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I was very interested in Tucker Carlson's take on all of this "cultural cleansing of the South."

The real end target of denigrating Southern patriots and destroying Confederate symbols, is to denigrate & delegitimize the Founding Fathers of the U.S -- so they can delegitimize EVERYTHING they wrote & created: the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. This is where this is all headed.

Be aware.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Speaking of slavery in American history:
Native Americans not only took and traded slaves...they sacrificed, tortured and ate them.

Traditions of Native American slavery

Many Native American tribes practiced some form of slavery before the European introduction of African slavery into North America.

Native American groups often enslaved war captives whom they primarily used for small-scale labor.

Others however, were used in ritual sacrifice, usually involving torture as part of religious rites, and these sometimes involved ritual cannibalism.

en.wikipedia.org...

Is anyone planning on taking down any statues of their leaders and historical figures?
edit on 17-8-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I guess we should tear down the Pyramids and the Sphinx since they were built by slaves.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

You think the pyramids were built by slaves? Cute.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

prove it

No, I can't. And I won't. I posted credible sources disproving the person i was ACTUALLY responding to, and all thats been given in return is opinion and commentary.

This is a public forum where you are making public comments available to everyone who are then free to reply to your comments. Try to get that through your skull first of all.

You actually an look into what you claim you can't and find some intriguing information that still wouldn't change your mind because your mind is likely not all that capable of interpreting, acknowledging or accepting it.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AuranVector

I was very interested in Tucker Carlson's take on all of this "cultural cleansing of the South."

The real end target of denigrating Southern patriots and destroying Confederate symbols, is to denigrate & delegitimize the Founding Fathers of the U.S -- so they can delegitimize EVERYTHING they wrote & created: the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. This is where this is all headed.

Be aware.

My husband and I were discussing this late last night.

I have to give them credit they are brilliant by approaching using this vehicle. They just don't realize they are being used as a vehicle to take their rights away. I literally can't wrap my head all this insanity.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: mkultra11

You think the pyramids were built by slaves? Cute.

After Abrahams people left they employed fellow egyptians to do pyramids.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
He also beat a Russian.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
a reply to: UnBreakable
He also beat a Russian.

He won a Covfefe match.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion

originally posted by: AuranVector

Be aware.

My husband and I were discussing this late last night.

I have to give them credit they are brilliant by approaching using this vehicle. They just don't realize they are being used as a vehicle to take their rights away. I literally can't wrap my head all this insanity.

You're right: the majority of the Dems & Antifa zombies have no idea what's going on. They believe anything the MSM spews -- not knowing that these talking heads are actors who read scripts from teleprompters -- and what they spew is pure Globalist Leftist propaganda.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Guard the racist statues with arms.

Shoot when threatened.

No, i do not support the KKK.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Do you think that the fact that this just happens to be the present collective condition of millions of people is merely some amazing coincidence for the establishment?
It's absolutely not!
Its instead the intentional result of social engineering.......

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Tran doesn’t want to see it anymore. “When I see a Confederate statue in downtown Durham, or really anywhere, it fills me with a lot of rage and frustration,” she said. 

So people who are filled with rage and frustration.....send them our way.

We can be eachothers Karma.

We can compare rage and frustration. Maybe see what comes of it.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
My 2 cents. I don't care if they pull down the statues. Hopefully we can then forget that some of our ancestors were slaves. Then we might stop begging for welfare and entitlements.

And pull down the leftist, commie, globalist propaganda statues also.
edit on 19-8-2017 by Doctor Smith because: grammer

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

I don't think forgetting history is a good idea. What'd be great is if we could learn from it/

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57 >>

join