It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters pull down Confederate statue at old Durham County courthouse

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

No where in my first post did I say she should be grateful. I said she probably doesn't even know the history behind these statutes that she behind having pulled down. She has a Bachelors in (liberal) Arts. More than like she didn't learn much about history. She spends her time according to her Linkin in profile being an activist for things I listed is the first post you commented on. Please reread.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

I didn't claim that you did. I said it and she ought to be. If she doesn't know the history behind these statues then why the heck is she going crazy over them? Except for the fact that she's an insane left wing idiot like the rest of them who cause wanton destruction and disturbance. It's bloody typical.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Oh ok it's late and I am obviously a little brain dead. I have had a couple glasses of wine and wasn't connecting the dots. I must apologize and hope that you accept. Thanks for clearing that up. I felt like I was on a wheel running in circles. lol...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Oh hell half the crap I write is either before coffee or after wine, haha.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

2nd

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

how about spoon fed ctrl progressive?

2nd

edit on 4am817America/ChicagoThu, 17 Aug 2017 05:17:59 -050017852017-08-17T05:17:59-05:00 by wanderingconfusion because: dang wine

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

No what ker said wasn't a 70's on down generation. My momma grew up in the 80's and was in her 40 in the 90's and it wasn't like this. Of course there were mumbles and whispers under breaths but I kinda grew up in the 2000's and about 2006 that when things started ramping up. America was united after 9/11 for quite a long time.

So yeah you are spreading falsehoods.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

I think if most of us were brutally honest, we have more similarities than differences, finding common ground is proving to be quite the task though.

It is the differences that are hard to find. Most of the crap that people throw around as a problem or a difference related to a group, don't hold water if, if looked at brutally and honestly. That is why they aren't looked at that way.

People grab onto an event, an instance, or a person, that angers them and then they take all that vile and vitriol and spreads it all over anyone they can lump into a single group. They don't care if the poison they are spitting hits innocent people. They just attack everyone that just happens to be in that direction. You can't judge a person by how they "look".

Example, I have 9 siblings. Some of us look like near twins to a cousin or another family member, but none of us look alike. We don't think alike. Just trying to decide what to have for dinner becomes a 2 hour debate. Yet we are all from one home, one family.

I thought that at least here on ATS the "all brush" had been retired. For months now the "all brush" police have come down hard on any one that spoke, even in passing, about a group that was prevalent in the news at the time, but many of those same people are now throwing that brush all over the place when it comes to other people just because of their skin tone.

This is not about skin color, which is beyond the level of stupidity if it was. This is about an agenda. I look around me and I see that we are being sold a lie, and we do ourselves and no one else any favors by playing their game. Even if it is in cyberspace only. Too many people think it is safe to play make believe on the internet. It isn't. It is a truly dangerous place to play, and it will be the foundation of the weapons that will destroy us.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
Is it inappropriate at this stage to suggest the tearing down of the Georgia guidestones ?

I think the statue of Lenin in Seattle should come down before the stones.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
In case everyone fail3d to notice this statue was to the common soldier. Not one in particular but all of them. The vast majority of which did not own slaves and were not fighting for slaves one way or the other. Every one needs to pull their heads out of their butts and learn some history before spouting off about something they don't understand.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
All you history buffs need to read up on why a lot of these statues went up in the first place.
It's never been about preserving history. It's about intimidation in the face of civil rights movements taking hold.

Read about it [url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/confederate-monuments-history-trump-baltimore_us_5995a3a6e4b0d0d2cc84c952?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009]Here[/url ]

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Lenin in Seattle? Really?

Where? Obviously I've missed it over the years.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Good! Pull them all down and throw them on The White House lawn. Trump loves them so much, let him have them.

Trump is TRASH!
Worst. 'president' POS. EVER !!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
a reply to: matafuchs

Good! Pull them all down and throw them on The White House lawn. Trump loves them so much, let him have them.

Trump is TRASH!
Worst. 'president' POS. EVER !!

Thank you for confirming that President Trump is doing a good job.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ah I see what you did there... clever, very clever.

This whole snowflake movement is not taking off for you guys.
Whats the next thing you can get enraged about? I mean talk about triggered? You guys loved that word, has it suddenly dropped from your vocabulary?

I also like how some people act like destroying monuments and statues is completely alien to them, its only ever done by terrorist.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

That almost 3% GDP is looking good. He has signed some a few new bills regarding Vets. Jobs are up. Manufacturing is up. Companies are coming back from overseas. I could go on and on but you do not care because you hate. That is your right. He protects that.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: TownCryer

That almost 3% GDP is looking good. He has signed some a few new bills regarding Vets. Jobs are up. Manufacturing is up. Companies are coming back from overseas. I could go on and on but you do not care because you hate. That is your right. He protects that.

None of those things are due to Trump... you do realise that?

Unemployment was already falling, GDP was already rising and more jobs were coming back from overseas... before Trump took over. Nothing has changed, he hasn't improved anything and he has conveniently forgotten about all his campaign promises.

It is YOU that is being duped by his empty rhetoric, if you looked past his slogans and catchphrases you'd actually see what he has achieved (psst here's a hint, its not much).

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mus8472
The vast majority of which did not own slaves and were not fighting for slaves one way or the other. Every one needs to pull their heads out of their butts and learn some history before spouting off about something they don't understand.

It seems you haven't been too well versed in your history. If someone was fighting ON the confederate side, they WERE fighting for the right to own and keep slaves.

The American Civil War was fought in the United States from 1861 to 1865. The result of a long-standing controversy over slavery and states' rights, war broke out in April 1861, when Confederates attacked Fort Sumter in South Carolina, shortly after Abraham Lincoln was elected. The nationalists of the Union proclaimed loyalty to the U.S. Constitution. They faced secessionists of the Confederate States of America advocating states’ rights to perpetual slavery and its expansion in the Americas.
Among the 34 U.S. states in February 1861, seven Southern slave states individually declared their secession from the U.S. to form the Confederate States of America.

What were you saying about cranial sphincter removal?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

NO. Some were fighting for th eability to actually MAKE A PROFIT off their goods and services. Not even for slavery. SUre the SOuthern leadership said it was for slavery but they didnt represent the normal southerner.

Most SOutherners didnt even care about slavery UNTIL lincoln made it a issue.

Lincoln Effectively started the war by telling the troops in Fort sumter to stay put HE could had ordered them to come back north. Instead of peaceful negotiation which would had worked better in the long run and saved thousands of dead he had to make a example.

Lincoln wanted to make the statement that HE was the one in charge. HE was acting just like king george.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

prove it

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57 >>

join