It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters pull down Confederate statue at old Durham County courthouse

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Konduit
Food for thought;

There's only 1 other group I can think of that is destroying landmarks and monuments in the name of their ideology... it's called ISIS.

Lol really? So college kids are now isis? Hilarious.

if it quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck...

The difference between someone like me and someone like you is I don't find it funny.

So they have been killing people and throwing gays off the rooftops?

They haven't killed anyone yet and if they begin to it won't be gays because they're a liberal protected species - assuming they agree with and follow the party line.

Ok. Till then we can't compare them to ISIS.

I think we can begin to if they're displaying some of the behaviors. That is the point of that picture, to compare two almost identical behaviors and how soon will they seek to behave even more like ISIS do?

You can say it won't happen and you can claim that it's too far fetched but liberals are already behaving like those they used to oppose the behavior of and now they're destroying culture, history, art and civic property.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Food for thought;

There's only 1 other group I can think of that is destroying landmarks and monuments in the name of their ideology... it's called ISIS.

The difference between someone like me and someone like you is I don't find it funny.

They haven't killed anyone yet and if they begin to it won't be gays because they're a liberal protected species - assuming they agree with and follow the party line.

I think we can begin to if they're displaying some of the behaviors. That is the point of that picture, to compare two almost identical behaviors and how soon will they seek to behave even more like ISIS do?

You can say it won't happen and you can claim that it's too far fetched but liberals are already behaving like those they used to oppose the behavior of and now they're destroying culture, history, art and civic property.

Well they do the same with statues. Just don't go overboard with the comparison.
And sighs at the liberal use of the word "liberals". I am a liberal and I have never once exhibit that behavior. Neither have any of my liberal friends.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: UnBreakable

Leaders off the confederate armies were traitors of the United States of America.

You do realize there was a surrender, then they were paroled then pardoned of their crimes? That they peacefully reintegrated into the Union, right?

That's part of why it was called the Civil War.

EDIT: Yes I know the definition of civil war, but this was considered a rebellion at the time. The Confederacy was not trying to conquer the Union.
edit on 16-8-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Food for thought;

Well they do the same with statues. Just don't go overboard with the comparison.
And sighs at the liberal use of the word "liberals". I am a liberal and I have never once exhibit that behavior. Neither have any of my liberal friends.

The use of the word liberals is merely for ease because we have not yet all been able to figure out what these mongrels are. I mean you could call them facists if you wanted to but somehow I feel like the facists of old would have has more class and also weren't basement-dwelling gender fluid pussy hat wearing blue hair dyed weaklings.

So liberal is just easier till a more appropriate term comes up.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Food for thought;

The use of the word liberals is merely for ease because we have not yet all been able to figure out what these mongrels are. I mean you could call them facists if you wanted to but somehow I feel like the facists of old would have has more class and also weren't basement-dwelling gender fluid pussy hat wearing blue hair dyed weaklings.

How about uh far leftists or as some people here like to say "leftists"? I am a liberal and I am tired of people making us look bad. It's no different from calling Alt-Rightists, Klansmen and white supermacists conservatives.
ETA - To be clear I mean saying that conservatives are like them.
edit on 8/16/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I used to be a 'liberal' but the past decade or so happened and although I became more conservative with age and experience, I too noticed this turn for the worse in what it is we all used to believe was right and good.

This is where the alt-right was born, because an exodus to the right where the Ku Klux Klan and neo-Nazis and their ilk dwell is unthinkable and just as absurd as remaining 'liberal'.

We're just in a stage now where everything is in flux and people are still re-figuring out who they are and where they stand amongst all this. I don't mean to use the term liberal to disparage someone like you who is relatively moderate, it's just what comes out of my fingers at this point until I have something better that everyone else can easily understand what is meant by it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Fair enough.

Like you I am just very tired of the divide. Both people on the left and right need to work together to combat the fringe elements on both sides.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I have to say I honestly think it's more than just left and right these days.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Food for thought;

How about uh far leftists or as some people here like to say "leftists"? I am a liberal and I am tired of people making us look bad. It's no different from calling Alt-Rightists, Klansmen and white supermacists conservatives.
ETA - To be clear I mean saying that conservatives are like them.

I've never in my life aligned with any one particular party, just don't agree 100% with any of them. I'm very liberal but also have conservative values. I think if most of us were brutally honest, we have more similarities than differences, finding common ground is proving to be quite the task though. The current divide is sickening, having been around a half century plus now, this is not the country I grew up in. It saddens me to see our country in it's current state of divide and disarray.

edit on 17-8-2017 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Is it inappropriate at this stage to suggest the tearing down of the Georgia guidestones ?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
Is it inappropriate at this stage to suggest the tearing down of the Georgia guidestones ?

No, its appropriate.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Just jumped on this slippery slope of an insanity/chaotic train so if your question about Loan Tran has been answered I apologize.

Takiyah has since been arrested also. She was the one who climbed the ladder and put the yellow around the statue so others could pull the statue down. She is a member of Workers World Party and a student of NC Central University.

I found Ngoc Loan Tran on FB/Linked in and she is a queer activist, development director of the Youth Organizing Institute, board member of the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network. She was a trainer at the Raleigh Freedom School not including many other places she has been around the bend in. On her LinkedIn profile it lists all her accomplishments and tells how she works hard to end all interpersonal violence. Oh the irony. She even made an apperance on Teaching Tolerance. Oh the irony.

She is an immigrant from Southeast Asia and came here in the 90's. I would wager my the loss of the things I hold most precious to me that she doesn't know the history and has bought into the progressive ideology that was taught to her in the Virginia Commonwealth University. Afterall she does have a Bachelors in (liberal)Arts. Gosh darn it you learn all kinds of history there. right? yeah!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Is it any wonder that so many people absolutely despise immigrants? How dare this person come to America and then proceed to destroy its cultural heritage?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Is it any wonder that so many people absolutely despise immigrants? How dare this person come to America and then proceed to destroy its cultural heritage?

Americas cultural heritage was literally founded on immigration.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Americas cultural heritage was literally founded on immigration.

And now it's being destroyed by it.

edit on 17-8-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

There is more hate and divisiveness in this country now than there was back then.

How can you not see that?

Is it something you choose to ignore because it doesn't fit into the bubble of ideas you choose to believe?

I am being serious.

I mean no disrespect btw.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Yep it has come full circle.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

What are you talking about? You took what I said out of context just so you twist it around and make your little agenda train roll on. Not taking the bait.

Troll on...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

An immigrant comes to America and rather than being grateful, she destroys things. This isn't about context, it's about that.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You're on to something there Grambler.

I just can't wrap my head around all insanity on either side. I have two you kids - a daughter who will be 2 in September and a son who will be 4 months on the 21st. I have decided to homeschool them because I don't want them brainwashed from either side. I am a caucasian/mixed with other races like Native Americans/Italian my husband is black. We teach our children to love everyone and they will not be brainwashed to see people by their skin color. My mother and my husband's mother are best friends so we were kinda raised together. Many nights I can remember my mother-in-law babysitting me or my mom babysitting my hubby. We shared dinners each night. They would trade off nights.

My mother-in-law told me after hubby and I married that several times her friends would get mad at her because she was so close to my momma. But they were sisters through thick and thin. Both being mother and father for their children. Both of our moms worked two jobs to make sure that my hubby and I could get a hand up in life. Nothing was really given to us. I am still paying off student loans and hubby was fortunate to join the Marines and get his education that way. He served in Desert Storm. We are being squeezed out of middle class little by little. But that just makes us works harder to fight it.

Saying all that to say that I guess kruphix may be happy to know that my 58 yr old momma has breast cancer that has spread and has decided not to do chemo or radiation because she believes she would rather have quality over quantity. So one more old person to go.

Now that kind of thinking anger's me to no end so I will leave it there.

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join