It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters pull down Confederate statue at old Durham County courthouse

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: 123143

I can't believe you guys always overlook the Islamic angle on the history of slavery.

What a great false allusion you're missing out on there, eh!

I did mention the ME in my last post.

You need to hit it harder don't you?

Democrats, Muslims, Slavery ... yah sure there's a straight-line connection in 2017 there.

... let's forget the fact that the folks who were Democrats in 1860 are Republicans in 2017.

Also, you are cherry-picking my statement, so your argument is, again, invalid.

LOL, I'm not cherry-picking your statement, I'm employing a strawman, that in this case, by the magic of your own admissions, has become a real boy.

You're stating that "the Blacks" today are responsible for the actions of African tribes ... and that somehow it relates to their DNA.

You're proving your ideological situation in all this much better than I could.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: DBCowboy
A drawing of Mohammed is enough to offend the radical elements of Islam to kill others.

A statue, a work of art, a representation of a civil war character is enough to offend the radical elements of Idiocy to destroy it.

Didn't mohammed own slaves?

Interesting.

Sure did.

There were other slaves here in 'Merica during the early years.

Fans of Black Sails and American Gods would gotten a taste of it.

Criminals sentenced to work in the new world which amounted to nothing more than slavery.

But hey now that's a very glossed over part they don't want to admit.

admitting it is one thing, celebrating it is another...but you obviously don't know the difference, because white slaves weren't bought and sold like pieces of property. they also weren't whipped and lynched for 400 years by black masters, and white women weren't raped by their black masters for 400 years....

It's much more complex than that. Someone needs a global history lesson on the subject of slavery.

Blacks were enslaving their own for ages before whitey came along. They also aided and abetted slave traders in capturing their own people, but those are inconvenient facts, so no one mentions them much.

Europe, the ME, and Asia had their own brand of servitude, which included widespread subjugation and rape of women and children.

Blacks like to think they've cornered the market on oppression. They are only one of the last in a long, LONG line.

and....America passed a law against slavery over 170 years ago, seems the country has moved on, but the confederate lovers haven't....hey if you're for slavery, and want to celebrate a man by erecting a 12 foot high statue of him, just admit it......

My generation learned to tolerate opposing views. Instead of silencing them, we learned to ignore them.

ok....I will say it simply....you can put up 100 foot statues of Lee, and fly 100 foot long confederate flags for all I care....just don't do it on government property. put up thousands of these, I don't give a s**t, just put them up on private property, is that too complex to understand?...government property represents ALL AMERICANS, NOT JUST WHITES.......how is that "silencing" opposing views?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I can't believe you guys always overlook the Islamic angle on the history of slavery.

Democrats, Muslims, Slavery ... yah sure there's a straight-line connection in 2017 there.

... let's forget the fact that the folks who were Democrats in 1860 are Republicans in 2017.

LOL, I'm not cherry-picking your statement, I'm employing a strawman, that in this case, by the magic of your own admissions, has become a real boy.

You're stating that "the Blacks" today are responsible for the actions of African tribes ... and that somehow it relates to their DNA.

You haven't been listening to their music. They've been trumpeting their culture for decades now.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It's only a matter of time before they move onto MLK statues and street signs...

I'm sure those relics of the past offend someone....Wonder how this is all going to go when someone pulls down a MLK statue....Are the police going to intervene then??

Allowing this type of public unrest is setting a dangerous precedent...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

.. let's forget the fact that the mentality of the folks who were Democrats in 1860 is the same as Republicans in 2017.

Bull and crap.

Democrats are bigger racists/slavers today than in their entire history.

The only difference is from cotton to vote.

I don't think anyone is surprised that is your opinion, Neo.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

You haven't been listening to their music. They've been trumpeting their culture for decades now.

So now "their music" also arises from their DNA?

You're making this really easy.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I could go all day but here are a few.

handbook.unimelb.edu.au...

africana.arizona.edu...

african.wisc.edu...

www.ucalgary.ca...

University of Colorado associate professor Amy Wilkins candidly explained that her Whiteness Studies class was in essence “an advanced course on racial inequality.”

The Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Education describes Whiteness Studies as “a growing body of scholarship whose aim is to reveal the invisible structures that produce and reproduce white supremacy and privilege.” Central to this definition is the notion that the average white person is largely unaware of his own racism, and that he must be helped to overcome the dreaded “ignorance of one's ignorance” which prevents him from even recognizing “racism as a system of privilege” that benefits him at the expense of others.

Whiteness Studies professor Lee Bebout of Arizona State University, for his part, says that “white supremacy makes it so that white people can’t see the world they have created.”

University of Wisconsin English professor Dr. Gregory Jay informs us that “Whiteness Studies is an attempt to think critically about how white skin preference has operated systematically, structurally, and sometimes unconsciously as a dominant force in American—and indeed in global—society and culture.

With similar detachment from reality, Portland Community College claims that its annual “White History Month” initiative condemning the many evils of “whiteness” will help to “change our campus climate” for the better.

At Scripps College in Claremont, California, all incoming students receive a “survival guide” designed to alert the newcomers to the racism lurking quietly in the dark corners of white people's hearts. One entry in this manual, titled “Dear White Students,” declares that “we as white students, must identify the ways that we are engaging in the perpetuation of white supremacy and work to unlearn our racism”;

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You're playing games with what I say. I'm done with you.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

.. let's forget the fact that the mentality of the folks who were Democrats in 1860 is the same as Republicans in 2017.

Bull and crap.

Democrats are bigger racists/slavers today than in their entire history.

The only difference is from cotton to vote.

so...black slaves picking cotton back then, and black Americans voting now, is the same contextually for black people.....

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

It's an opinion backed up by facts unlike those that say this nonsense.

let's forget the fact that the mentality of the folks who were Democrats in 1860 is the same as Republicans in 2017.

Example 1.

Hero of the Left

More Hero's of the left:

Another HERO of the left.

America has lost a voice of principle and reason,” the president said.

Spin me another lie

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You're playing games with what I say. I'm done with you.

There you go. Exercise that right not to speak.

You've made several nonsensical allusions, that somehow Black Americans in 2017 are responsible for slavery in Africa 400 years ago, and that is just a silly as stating that somehow White Americans in 2017 are responsible for slavery in the colonial US 300 years ago.

Then you went on to suggest that there is something inherent in the DNA of Blacks that creates their culture, which is directly related not only to eugenics, but also, to predominant White Supremacist theory.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Nah. There are no facts that 2017 Democrats would support slavery ... and you know that.

I'm a native Georgian Neo. Our highschool mascot was The Rebels. I grew up with the Confederate Flag.

That still doesn't keep me from realizing as an adult that the consistent use of that flag is just as emblematic of racism as it is of Southern Pride.

Next?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

you're right....and they wonder why they are called racists.....I guess being an "elite" now means engaging in critical-thinking

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

You should stop interchanging Democrats/Republicans with Left/Right when speaking about the historical context of both.

Stick to using Liberals/Conservatives and you will see nothing has changed over the years...Conservatives have always been on the racist side...Liberals have always fought for equality.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Interesting. Thank you!

I'm curious though, what term do you use for those "right-wingers" who participate DAILY in identity politics?

It just seems that you're doing what you commonly accuse others of doing ... you're implying (and stating outright) that those you see as being "on the right" don't use the same techniques as those "on the left."

Just an observation.

Well let me be clear.

Those in the right that engage in indentity politics are just as silly as the sjw's.

And the militant ones are just as bad.

The only difference is that the overwhemlming consensus is that people like white nationalists are strongly condemned by most everyone, while sjw nationalists are taken seriously by many groups.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Nah. There are no facts that 2017 Democrats would support slavery ... and you know that.

Just gave you 3 of them.

I didn't even include their support of open borders that create a slave class with hispanics.

Or the creation and support of BLACK lives Matter.

Their creation of the hypenated Americanisms.

Their creation of 'white privilege'.

The last 9 years of calling everyone around them RACIST if this disagree with them.

And currently running around whining about so called 'white supremacists'.

Institutionalized RACISM with the congressional black caucus.

The modern democratic party hasn't changed one IOTA to quote the black panthers.

But hey why let a little thing like reality in the way of anything here.

edit on 15-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'm sure you're not just improvising on the "sjw nationalist" theme but you have something to back that up.

Any examples?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You really can't determine the difference between opinions and facts, can you?

Thanks for the chat, Neo.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

you're right....and they wonder why they are called racists.....I guess being an "elite" now means engaging in critical-thinking

Are you saying blacks aren't racist?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I just want to touch on this....

You've made several nonsensical allusions, that somehow Black Americans in 2017 are responsible for slavery in Africa 400 years ago, and that is just a silly as stating that somehow White Americans in 2017 are responsible for slavery in the colonial US 300 years ago.

Then why is it bought up so often? Talk about slavery and blaming white people today. Don't try to say it is not. That is the MAIN reason that these monuments are being torn down. Stating these men were slave owners. So, according to what you said was nonsensical, shouldn't these people just stop what they are doing?

Racism is in all cultures. Try to call a person from Korea Japanese and he will kick you ass.
I used to work with an older black gentlemen at a resturant and he grew up in Alabama. He was on of the most racist people I have ever known but in an odd way I felt he deserved to act the way he did because of what he went through. We used to buy him a drink after shift sometimes and the stuff he told us was incredible. He always called us crackers. Did not bother me. Now some people in high school who were all rebel flagged out, etc, to me were racists without a clue and it came from home. You have to break the cycle of hate. Did any of them ever attack a black kid in my school, no, they were just loud mouths. Ignorant.

So there are all kinds and sometimes you have to tolerate to allow yourself peace. It is right, hell no, but as a civil rights advocate once said

“Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to what we hold dear as Americans"..

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join