It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters pull down Confederate statue at old Durham County courthouse

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well, no matter how you look at it, or which side you choose to align yourself with, the destruction of the confederate statue was just that, a statue...an inanimate object that doesn't live and breathe. Heather Heyer lived and breathed...yet no more.

I have a feeling a lot of posters here are missing the point, I doubt if even the people tearing it down cared much about it being there, this was blowback from the Charleston events of the weekend, who didn't expect it? There's actually 2 problems here, not just 1.

Yes, absolutely, the proper channels should have been used to remove the statue and preserve it elsewhere as a compromise and retain it's historical value, after all it IS historically significant and at least it causes someone (likely a kid) to ask questions: "Who is he or she? What did he or she do? Why is there a statue of them?"...those are important questions to answer and frankly to ask. Childlike destruction of ANY property though, historically significant or not is not a part of our American culture and we cant allow it to be. That's problem number one.

Problem number two is of a much greater significance and that is, if they DIDNT care much about the statue, then what are they fighting? I think the fight and the tearing down of that statue was a message, not an act of destruction they felt was needed...I get the impression the message was "go ahead and protect one statue, we'll tear two more down for everyone you white supremists protect". The larger problem, that being of a white supremist ideology which is rife with hate and violence should no more be espoused in America than the aforementioned, to me it is a larger problem than vandalism.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

So you are stating Jesus would be a culture Nazi?

Seems he was indifferent, give unto Caesar what is Caesar's, turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor. He never preached to get funded and organized by Caesar's (Soro's) money to incite violence with thy neighbors.

Let's look at the facts.

Jesus and the statue vandals:

both lefties

both financed by Jews

And his dad was no better, provoking all those iconoclasts to destroy our heritage...
edit on 15-8-2017 by supermouse because: Quote didn't work

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You have no point.

Do you have kids?

There are ways to teach them to be responsible. Just in case your wondering.

One is through civics and history. This legislation wouldn't get passed if you held politicians accountable instead of act like a cheerleader.
edit on 15-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: matafuchs
I am seeing this all culminate in DC. At the Capital Building. This is not about a Civil War. That will never happen again. Civil unrest on a very large scale with National Guard Deployments...yes.

Don't be so sure.

There are people that want it from both sides.

I don't think people get just how close we are to it.

That is an avenue of Cloward and Piven.

Total destruction. Then they can build that utopia they always wanted.

Now now, put down those "Turner Diaries" & quit fantasizing about your glorious war.

K~

link   
Oh and some of you dont realize but there were thousands of black people that VOLUNTEERED to fight for the south. So that dumb statement saying that all blacks were oppressed in the Confederacy is incorrect and inaccurate.
edit on 15-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

link   
Destruction of Public Property is a crime....

Period...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Thank you for letting us know how you feel.

Wanna kick a statue or two, to blow off some steam?

link   

What debate? I'm not debating anyone.

True instead someone is Insulting us because we thought those people that tore down a statue,kicked it,spit on it,yelled at it was infinitely WRONG.

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: DBCowboy
A drawing of Mohammed is enough to offend the radical elements of Islam to kill others.

A statue, a work of art, a representation of a civil war character is enough to offend the radical elements of Idiocy to destroy it.

Didn't mohammed own slaves?

Interesting.

Yeah I pointed this out a few pages ago. But you won't see these people opposing him, because this isn't actually about slavery.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

You have no point.

Do you have kids?

One is through civics and history. This legislation wouldn't get passed if you held politicians accountable instead of act like a cheerleader.

Who has no point? Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean there's no point to it. What stunning and unjustified arrogance.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Now now, put down those "Turner Diaries" & quit fantasizing about your glorious war.

How bout paying closer attention to the United States of Dysfunction.

There is no fantasy.

Just an observation of events of the last decade.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

You have no point.

Do you have kids?

Who has no point? Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean there's no point to it. What stunning and unjustified arrogance.

Sorry just like to pretend being proactive is better than whining I guess.

Your right like though it is everyone else's fault but yours.

Personally I will keep being a wrestling coach and trying to do my part making a difference in people lives instead complain about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
When the KKK comes back with torches and ropes ... it's gonna be bad.

They hurt many more white people than they did blacks. And, they were vicious when they did it. I don't know why people don't remember that. It's right there in the history books.

Excellent point - for those of you unaware of this, they were violently anti-Catholic. REALLY violently anti-Catholic.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well I might make a statue rights activist group.

These poor statues are clearly being oppressed by white priveliged persons who have the benefits of movement and being alive and such, these poor statues can't defend themselves against this terrible hate crime aggression.

Will no one think of the feelings of the statues? They deserve rights and dignity.

Statuephobic bigot hate crimes will not be tolerated in a tolerant inclusive society!!! Unite against the oppressors comrades.

Maybe we can trick them to go the other way...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

You have no point.

Do you have kids?

Sorry just like to pretend being proactive is better than whining I guess.

Your right like though it is everyone else's fault but yours.

Personally I will keep being a wrestling coach and trying to do my part making a difference in people lives instead complain about it.

You know you're way ahead when the other guy is complaining about you complaining.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It's right there in the history books.

You mean the history books the Left is about to burn?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
Well, no matter how you look at it, or which side you choose to align yourself with, the destruction of the confederate statue was just that, a statue...an inanimate object that doesn't live and breathe. Heather Heyer lived and breathed...yet no more.

I have a feeling a lot of posters here are missing the point, I doubt if even the people tearing it down cared much about it being there, this was blowback from the Charleston events of the weekend, who didn't expect it? There's actually 2 problems here, not just 1.

Yes, absolutely, the proper channels should have been used to remove the statue and preserve it elsewhere as a compromise and retain it's historical value, after all it IS historically significant and at least it causes someone (likely a kid) to ask questions: "Who is he or she? What did he or she do? Why is there a statue of them?"...those are important questions to answer and frankly to ask. Childlike destruction of ANY property though, historically significant or not is not a part of our American culture and we cant allow it to be. That's problem number one.

Problem number two is of a much greater significance and that is, if they DIDNT care much about the statue, then what are they fighting? I think the fight and the tearing down of that statue was a message, not an act of destruction they felt was needed...I get the impression the message was "go ahead and protect one statue, we'll tear two more down for everyone you white supremists protect". The larger problem, that being of a white supremist ideology which is rife with hate and violence should no more be espoused in America than the aforementioned, to me it is a larger problem than vandalism.

The problem is that this vandalism won't be the end.

You ignore that there were people engaging in violence against the rally too. And many of these leftists groups have been using violence and intimidation in attempts to silence anyone they disagree with for quite some time.

Of course we should denounce white supremacists; but the problem with them is overstated in my opinion.

In the name of fighting white supremacy, other supremacists have been allowed to flourish and have been celebrated. Almost every university in the country has courses decrying the evils of whiteness for example.

The real lesson learned here is that if you label your opponent a nazi or something similar, then you no longer are obligated to obey the rule of law, and not only will law enforcement watch you lawlessness, many people wwill celebrate you as a hero.

This will lead to more than just statues being attacked. Don't believe me?

Check out comments on some of the other threads about how Trump supporters are nazis, and the white house is now ran by nazis.

And as we see all over the country and in incidents like removing this statue, when your dealing with nazis, you don't have to follow the law.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Thank you for letting us know how you feel.

Wanna kick a statue or two, to blow off some steam?

See.

Stupid.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
So Americans have become full fledged useful idiots?

One would think if this was a thing that needed to happen, why didn't it sooner?

My guess is because now, they are told what to do and when.

There's an agenda being played out, and I don't claim to know who, or to what eventual end.

Things are spiraling out of control. and it's only going to get worse.

Whatever happens, the America that we use to know is gone.

Civil war? Martial law? Race war?

Does it matter much anymore?

One thing I do know, the people being used are not going to be invited to the party at the end.

I totally agree with you. It is clear as day that we are being manipulated into division. I don't think the cause matters , but the divisiveness is what counts. If people could see the truth of this they would realize what fools we have become.

I think it is now necessary to speed up and intensify the process as more and more people are getting wise to the msm and government corruption. Many of us are scrutinizing every event that occurs, and false flag events are not so easy to make happen any more.

This desolation of the masses, unfortunately, is falling right into place. The best thing we can do is see it for what it is and not play a role in it. DO NOT FALL FOR THE DIVIDE AND CONQUER.Our government has a long history of destabilizing other countries for the benefit of the USA, do you think they would not use these same techniques on their own people? The ultimate outcome is complete censorship, martial law and total control of money, which means total control of all aspects of life. If anyone thinks that any race,political side, culture or religion is going to be exempt from this, think again. Unless you are one of the handful of the chosen you will all meet the same fate.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We need a starX5 button we can use once a day for posts like this.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join