It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters pull down Confederate statue at old Durham County courthouse

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

You're wrong...prayer always helps!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

"Crying wont help you, praying wont do you no good"
The levee broke, & human progress is washing you away.

Your words are powerful and inspiring to me, sir.
Lead me...Tell me who we should kill first!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: aethertek

US cities ramp up removal of Confederate statues despite violence

The mayors of Baltimore and Lexington, Kentucky, said they would push ahead with plans to remove statues caught up in a renewed national debate over whether monuments to the U.S. Civil War’s pro-slavery Confederacy are symbols of heritage or hate.

www.rawstory.com...

K~

So whats next you going to support digging up dead confederates to move them to their own special spot where they cannot be seen so all those gentle souls will not feel oppressed by the dead people.

I shouldn't laugh about this, but I did. I would not be surprised if this happened. These people are nuts.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

originally posted by: roadgravel
Gotta love how people believe the north's hands are so clean in the civil war issues but the south's were so dirty.

This isn't a North/South thing anymore. It's a black/white apologist/white thing.

We are in a battle for reason, which is not a banner under which the Left operates.

Not sure what you mean. People call southerners traitors but not realizing the northern part in it.
edit on 8/15/2017 by roadgravel because: typo

link   
Has anyone noticed all the love yet?

Me neither.

link   
They are leaving people no choice but to fight. Lol. The thing is these cities and states arent just removing them to put them in a museum, they are just out right removing them from existence.

link   
a reply to: 123143

It was brought up a few years ago, folks wanted N. B. Forrest's grave moved out of memphis I think, last I heard the talk died down but after this I would not be surprised.

link   

The mayors of Baltimore and Lexington, Kentucky, said they would push ahead with plans to remove statues caught up in a renewed national debate over whether monuments to the U.S. Civil War’s pro-slavery Confederacy are symbols of heritage or hate.

www.rawstory.com...

K~

So whats next you going to support digging up dead confederates to move them to their own special spot where they cannot be seen so all those gentle souls will not feel oppressed by the dead people.

I shouldn't laugh about this, but I did. I would not be surprised if this happened. These people are nuts.

One thing to remember is a lot of them are kids. Irresponsible adults in general, no partisan attachment, have created children without critical thinking skills, and the agenda manipulators are preying on the weak constitutions.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

www.rawstory.com...

K~

One thing to remember is a lot of them are kids. Irresponsible adults in general, no partisan attachment, have created children without critical thinking skills, and the agenda manipulators are preying on the weak constitutions.

You were doing well here until you said "no partisan attachment". Many of these kids are well-indoctrinated Democrats.

Edit: To clarify, that isn't on accident. Most of the adults doing the indoctrinating have an agenda.
edit on 15 8 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Gotta love how people believe the north's hands are so clean in the civil war issues but the south's were so dirty.

This isn't a North/South thing anymore. It's a black/white apologist/white thing.

We are in a battle for reason, which is not a banner under which the Left operates.

Not sure what you mean. People call southerners traitors but not realizing the northern part in it.

Just that it's morphed way beyond the original history.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What a pathetic thread to read.

It's a testament to how downright nuts many of you are.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

www.rawstory.com...

K~

That's a spot-on assessment.

link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I wonder how long it will be before "they" start destroying something like Mount Rushmore?

I was thinking the alamo because it 'offends' illegal immigrants.

link   

originally posted by: face23785

www.rawstory.com...

K~

You were doing well here until you said "no partisan attachment". Many of these kids are well-indoctrinated Democrats.

Not really unless you believe the entire public is Democrat or republicans produce republican children. It doesn't work that way with parents who are irresponsible. If the public is divided lib and conservative you have to admit plenty of bad conservative parents exist.

I know some. In a band I am in I know a couple that show up, get drunk, then regularly get in public fights, get drunk and slur homosexuals publicly, then go to church hung over and repeat. They consider themselves republican and their kids are a mess.
edit on 15-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Look at those social justice retards. Look at their faces. Plus, they are mostly WHITE. What on earth is going on? White people getting angry and upset over a statue of a Confederate soldier?

By doing retarded things, like this one, they are just contributing to the old the south will rise again idea

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Please don't feed the trolls everyone.

link   

originally posted by: introvert
What a pathetic thread to read.

It's a testament to how downright nuts many of you are.

Someone clearly didn't bother watching either video.

Because that behavior is both inexcusable or ignorable.

link   
a reply to: 123143

I will certainly agree with that. It's part of the problem. Most of the country really doesn't know much about history and how it has directed the country. Not just in this issue but world wide events also. People are to lazy to be aware.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am seeing this all culminate in DC. At the Capital Building. This is not about a Civil War. That will never happen again. Civil unrest on a very large scale with National Guard Deployments...yes.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

www.rawstory.com...

K~

Not really unless you believe the entire public is Democrat or republicans produce republican children. It doesn't work that way with parents who are irresponsible. If the public is divided lib and conservative you have to admit plenty of bad conservative parents exist.

I know some. In a band I am in I know a couple that show up, get drunk, then regularly get in public fights, get drunk and slur homosexuals publicly, then go to church hung over and repeat. They consider themselves republican and their kids are a mess.

This is great if you think parents are the only ones shaping the thoughts of kids. I'll let you ponder that for a bit.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join