It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters pull down Confederate statue at old Durham County courthouse

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hmmm these people seem to have so little to be offended and outraged at now it's time to start picking on statues...

They seem very excited about destroying an inanimate object which has just been sitting there doing nothing, I doubt many people actually find these statues really offensive they are just historical objects which locals probably take very little notice of. I know the local statues around my city no one really takes any notice of them at all.

On the other hand you'd think the winners of the war, the north, would've taken them down 150 odd years ago. It is strange having statues of the leaders of the losing side.

I just wonder once the statues have all been destroyed we all know it won't stop there. They will find something else to get worked up about and on and on it will go... The ones doing this seem to need things to do and be outraged at.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
How about taking down this one?

Statue of Lenin in Seattle

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
20 pages of "it's history", what absolute BS.
Statues are raised to honor those they represent.

Well America is tired of having treasonous raping slavers honored because our forefathers didn't have the will to finish the job.
The confederates lost their treasonous war, there is no need to have statues honoring these filthy criminals.
Do the Germans have statues honoring SS Generals or concentration camp commanders, no of course not.

Here's a shot of reality, not that you'll listen.

The statues are coming down & there is no amount of whining lying rants that are going to change that.
We have the numbers & we have the will, we will prevail on removing this cancerous ideology from our sociopolitical body.

You've already lost the second civil war, stop with the unnecessary carnage, it will only cause your side more suffering.

K~

Don't forget to kick the statue in the head so you can get your adrenaline pumping and feel really tough.

Or maybe beat it with your sign. And record it too.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yes, people become exited when toppling images of their oppressors.

The confederate criminals are coming down & there is no stopping it.
The battle is won, you lost.
K~
edit on 15-8-2017 by aethertek because: wrds

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

20 pages of "it's history", what absolute BS.
Statues are raised to honor those they represent.

Well America is tired of having treasonous raping slavers honored because our forefathers didn't have the will to finish the job.
The confederates lost their treasonous war, there is no need to have statues honoring these filthy criminals.
Do the Germans have statues honoring SS Generals or concentration camp commanders, no of course not.

Here's a shot of reality, not that you'll listen.

The statues are coming down & there is no amount of whining lying rants that are going to change that.
We have the numbers & we have the will, we will prevail on removing this cancerous ideology from our sociopolitical body.

You've already lost the second civil war, stop with the unnecessary carnage, it will only cause your side more suffering.

K~

It is uncanny how much this rhetoric sounds exactly like white nationalists that are also tired of government oppression, and are absolutely certain that they have the numbers to win the second civil war.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Except it's Most of America & Government against the Nazi infestation of our great nation.

So oh well.

K~

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I dot think we even need a legislature. Heck just a point the dictator right now.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

And when # hits the fan and the numbers aren't what you thought, I bet you're going straight back into hiding in your safe space.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Except it's Most of America & Government against the Nazi infestation of our great nation.

So oh well.

K~

So much false narrative....

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Don't forget to kick the statue in the head so you can get your adrenaline pumping and feel really tough.

Bruce Lee would have said 'Statue not kick back'.

Lots of tough guys, and girls when it comes to inanimate objects.

I guess it's the only 'fight' CTRL LEFTISTS can win.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
There's a phrase from a song I use in certain circumstances, it's from Led Zeppelin "When The Levee Breaks"

"crying wont help you, praying wont do you no good"

Yeh, I think I'll use that now, it fits for the finality of the situation, the statues of histories criminals are coming down.

K~

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
All my life, I've never heard of people hating on these monuments and statues, or even the flag. I've never heard the outcry about them, never heard how so many people are angry, upset and blind with rage over them.

40+ years...not a peep...until just recently.

I disbelieve that people felt this strongly about all these things and sat quietly for 40+ years over it.

Now I don't doubt some people felt strongly.

But the mobs and mobs of people now? all of a sudden? No...I don't buy it.

Mob mentality. Mass hysteria...something has happened to people. They've just gone crazy. I remember when you could talk politics and politely (even if it was strongly) disagree...now people are getting into violent verbal and physical fights over a disagreement of politics.

I'm really just at a loss. The world has gone CrAzY.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Do you think they even have the mental capacity to realize that the statue can't feel anything? (And that it's not a real person?)

edit on 15-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What's next? The Jefferson Memorial?

These people are insane with their own brand of hate fueled by emotionalism, which is the worst kind of illogic.

That the authorities permit this behavior reinforces it and further emboldens these lunatics.

The US is going to go down in history as the insane asylum of the planet.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

So oh well.

K~

So much false narrative....

There are people on another thread right now claiming they are certain that Nazis are running the white house.

It almost prophetic. People awarned of where this mentality would lead.

First its ok to remove flags, then for mobs to remove statues, then its ok to shut up all of the nazis (who us anyone they disagree with) now the white house is ran by nazis, so you know what comes next.

I am afraid we are going to see many more incidents like the one that happened to Rep. Scalise in the near future.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

So oh well.

K~

Want to try again ?

Most of America doesn't vote or pay attention to American politics.

Both Democrats and Republicans have seen massive migrations from their parties.

Independentts is the largest voting demographic in this country.

So what's been going on has been minority groups from both the left and right.

The infamous 'ALT Right' which has always been around in this country(Even the days of FDR).

And the CTRL LEFT.

So feel free to stop magnifying a 'crisis'.
edit on 15-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: neo96

Do you think they even have the mental capacity to realize that the statue can't feel anything? (And that it's not a real person?)

Nope if they did they would have realized what the 'good' guys did to the brown man during the era of the civil war and shortly after.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

There's a phrase from a song I use in certain circumstances, it's from Led Zeppelin "When The Levee Breaks"

Yeh, I think I'll use that now, it fits for the finality of the situation, the statues of histories criminals are coming down.

K~

Maybe you should go to Poland where you can see the effects of both sides of fascist thought. The communists and the nazis.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yep, escalation until the rabid dog is put down.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

K~

Maybe you should go to Poland where you can see the effects of both sides of fascist thought. The communists and the nazis.

Sounds like a good thread of its own. I'd certainly be interested.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join