It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters pull down Confederate statue at old Durham County courthouse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Reagan deserves to have his statue pulled down more than any of these civil war people.

Don't get my hopes up.

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So Americans have become full fledged useful idiots?

One would think if this was a thing that needed to happen, why didn't it sooner?

My guess is because now, they are told what to do and when.

There's an agenda being played out, and I don't claim to know who, or to what eventual end.

Things are spiraling out of control. and it's only going to get worse.

Whatever happens, the America that we use to know is gone.

Civil war? Martial law? Race war?

Does it matter much anymore?

One thing I do know, the people being used are not going to be invited to the party at the end.

+35 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
How is this different than the Taliban destroying those historic Buddha statues because they found them offensive?

...Or ISIS destroying the historic Palmyra temple because it offended them?

edit on 14-8-2017 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Huh?

Statues venerating Confederates are a constant reminder of how bad slavery was?

Teacher: Look kids, if you fight to maintain something horrible, like the institution of slavery, in half a century your descendants will put up a statue of you to show that the people you fought to keep in chains still don't have the power to do anything anything about it!

Little Jimmy: Oh boy! I sure don't want people to put a statue to me!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Painterz

I don't see a difference between this and book-burning.

One was part of a vast racist assault on intellectualism, the other is the removal from public spaces of symbols of racism and division.

Nobody is denying the civil war happened. They're just saying now these statues attract crowds of nazis, it might be best to put them away out of sight.

So book burning next if there are books that speak of racism and division.

I see where this is heading.

No. You are imagining where you are scared it might go, because it makes you feel justified that you are the real victim here.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I keep getting flashes of ISIS destroying all of those ancient historic monuments.

You too?

Why? What is the real agenda?

Nobody that gets up every morning to go to work, has the time or the desire to be concerned about some darn statue or monument, sitting in a park somewhere. Most never paid any attention to it even if they ate lunch next to it in the same park everyday.

I thought at first that this crap is just pure BS, but now I fear we are missing something.

Something is afoot and we had better figure it out before it is too late.

+22 more 
link   

One was part of a vast racist assault on intellectualism, the other is the removal from public spaces of symbols of racism and division.

Nobody is denying the civil war happened. They're just saying now these statues attract crowds of nazis, it might be best to put them away out of sight.

Sweet so can we tear down buildings that attract faar left extremists like Antifa?

Universities, here we come.

link   
Personally I don't care about those statues. Sometimes I like to look at them and be reminded of history and they're pretty. But if it gets worse and worse then maybe we should move them to museum where people can learn MORE there. It will generate revenue and helps the city anyway.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I think we are seeing the dangers of sending our children of to colleges, ie Marxist re education camps....Utter narcissistic, selfish, childish behavior.

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So book burning next if there are books that speak of racism and division.

I see where this is heading.

No. You are imagining where you are scared it might go, because it makes you feel justified that you are the real victim here.

You're a book-burner.

Enjoy the title.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Again, another hysterical fail. Those are archeologically important sites that are thousands of years old and irreplaceable. This is a statue that was probably made in the last century, possibly the last 50-60 years, and of no archeological or particular historic significance.

link   
a reply to: aethertek

I saw a video of that this evening. Not a single police officer in sight. I suppose going into local businesses to help themselves after hours, is now OK with law enforcement too.

link   

It all started with a flag.

"It's just a flag" people said, "One flag. It's not censorship or destroying history".

And so it begins. . . . .

Aye. Here we go. This is not going to end well.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It all starts with the beer hall meetings !!

+21 more 
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Personally I don't care about those statues. Sometimes I like to look at them and be reminded of history and they're pretty. But if it gets worse and worse then maybe we should move them to museum where people can learn MORE there. It will generate revenue and helps the city anyway.

Ah, so give into thee mob. Got it.

Something tells me that if a bunch of white racists wanted statues of Malcolm X removed because he was violent, people wouldn't be so ready to give in to that mobs demands.

+25 more 
link   

Y'know, I'm a minority. My skin is brown. I've dealt with big city racism, as well as small town racism in my life. Even though I've never been to the south, if I ever did go, I would've actually liked to visit these monuments. Why?? Because they're part of our american history, be it good or bad.

Thanks to over-emotional people who can't do anything but hate, I can now no longer ever see this history. The people doing this destruction, as well as the people who agree with this destruction, are really no different than these people right here.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Ah, so give into thee mob. Got it.

Something tells me that if a bunch of white racists wanted statues of Malcolm X removed because he was violent, people wouldn't be so ready to give in to that mobs demands.

I don't like it any more than you do. We can let them continue with the destruction of property.

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Sweet so can we tear down buildings that attract faar left extremists like Antifa?

Universities, here we come.

Now, there is that anti intellectualism that caused the nazis to burn books.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: aethertek

I saw a video of that this evening. Not a single police officer in sight. I suppose going into local businesses to help themselves after hours, is now OK with law enforcement too.

Ok with law enforcement?

They are just tools for people higher up than them.

It might not be OK with the police, but there's little they can do about it now.

They only follow orders, hmm that sounds familiar.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
good on them, these kinds of monuments don't belong on government property. most of 'em were erected for purposes of intimidation, not 'celebrating our history'.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join