It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you thought of this possibility?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is going to be short but sweet (hopefully).

So here is an idea I've got with what is happening right now with all the hate and division going on. I'm not saying I'm right but this is what I personally believe is going on.

What IF Trump and the media are nothing more than controlled opposition to one another being used to incite division among the people? Look at these boards and America in general. There are two "factions" that have dug their trenches called liberals and conservatives (or pro-Trump and anti-Trump) whom refuse to agree on anything and constantly fight and bicker.

What if the media is working to radicalize the right with their blatant partisanship and smearing of Trump every single day while Trump is working to radicalize the left with his divisive rhetoric and Twitter rants?

Controversy and drama sells in today's world, we can see that by the sheer popularity of reality TV over the past almost two decades. What if those in power are taking advantage of our addiction to drama and controversy by turning politics into "reality TV"? The narrative has had a lot of twists and turns so far and both sides have dirt on each other in equal measure so the bickering never ends.

Look at what's happening, this is how they want it. I believe Trump and the controversy surrounding him is a psyop being used to make Americans hate each other. United we stand and divided we fall, we're in free fall at this point.
edit on 8/14/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What if the media is working to radicalize the right with their blatant partisanship and smearing of Trump every single day while Trump is working to radicalize the left with his divisive rhetoric and Twitter rants?

You're almost there!

Crazy thought here, what if the media is radicalizing both 'factions' to make the multi-billions of other everyday folks tune in?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You're 100% right, the media is radicalising both sides, Trump is doing his fair share of radicalizing both sides too. They feed off of each other just like they designed them to do in my opinion.
edit on 8/14/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Agreed

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Possibly, he certainly does provide fuel and plenty to remove from proper context as well.

If there is any proof to the truth, look at how each week is a different end all/beat all story/narrative. It's a big joke and the American people, the butt.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I tend to agree that the media is to blame for riling up anger and trying to pit one side against the other. I would blame the media more than anybody or any politician, except for maybe Schumer, Pelosi, Waters, Warren, and a few others that just need to stfu and get to work.

I'm getting ready to take the plunge and disconnect from regular TV. I have not watched CNN since Jan. 1st except when someone or some other program highlights something from them. I refuse to listen to MSNBC anymore because they seem to be just plain crazy, out of sight nutty. Fox, I can tolerate, but, they, too, keep the sh*tp*t stirred. I'm done. I have other sources.

The media, imo, is mostly to blame with their hype, lies, and mostly opinionated blathering.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

At some point in the relatively near future populations are going to decrease very quickly to accommodate the psychos that run this place.

The reason that'll happen is because of AI. Hundreds of millions, if not billions, of jobs are simply going to evaporate and the BS "Universal Basic Income" is NOT going to happen.

So the easy way out, divide, embattle, conquer.

edit on 14 8 2017 by myselfaswell because: correct understatement

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Trump is not an outsider, he has MANY connections within the power structures of America and now the world. No one gets into that position unless those in power want it that way. That is the way it has always worked and this time it is no different in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I can certainly see that possibility, however, given the evidence over the past year, I'm inclined to think otherwise.

An outsider in politics. Where he was a democrat. The theory of him being a supposed wild card to exists, maybe he learned something while in the media world.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I disagree.

While the media are always doing their part, we only need to admit one thing to bring light to all of this.

We really are this divided. Maybe not in everyday life, maybe not in every talk.

But deep down, we are divided.

It will come to a head within the next 20 years, I think.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a cross section of:

Hegalianism

and:

Hegelian Dialectic

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Could you explain what that means? I'm not understanding what your links are trying to explain. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I'm guessing not so good.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Right AND left have been propagandized I caught it when I was born in the 60s I want to fight ...that's why I joined ,it DIDN'T seem like a good IDEA in my own country anyway.
Now the propaganda that got you is attacking traditions and leaving out facts for opinions you are led to believing are correct ,but the Marxist tendencies of Bill Ayers is unmistakeable as are the DSA objectives,not to mention CAIR's gentle manifestations .
YOU don't like that or believe me and we argue until you deflect ,insult or dismiss by obfuscation( "I can't understand...He's just a ,Insert latest CNN insult or default to Nazi) and we both argue but YOU don't use sources for much..accept Snopes.
SAME OL dance you think I either lie or don't know because if I AM correct then what you have devoted yourself to heart and soul is as much a lie as the rest.
Been here doing that.
THEN you would understand OUR divide and conquer candidate ,his purpose and the fact that skin means nothing but your anatomy ,IDEAS screw it all up,that's why I detest popular culture,I am now FAR TOO misanthropic to identify with anything as a result.
edit on 14-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

If the goal is to unite conservatives and sick them on liberals (and vice versa), they are failing. With an approval rating of 34%, you have to acknowledge that a whole lot of opposition to Trump is from conservatives, themselves.

But I would entertain the possibility of Trump being used as a spotlight to find the most toxic segments of the conservative demographic in order to later distance themselves from them. For all we know, this is all a house cleaning operation.

If you think about it, Clinton would have served a similar purpose for the DNC had she won the electoral vote.

ps edit - I keep getting an image in my head of an ice cream truck filled with hate propaganda with Trump being the wheel, saying "heeeere Nazi, Nazi, Nazi... heeeeeeeeeere Nazi, Nazi, Nazi" and then it leads them all out of town.
edit on 14-8-2017 by Abysha because: Added simile.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I don't hurt KIDS I hurt bad guys.
Now not even that unless THAT comes my way( Most KNOW better).

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

When have we ever talked about any of those things you mentioned in your rant here?

link   

That's an interesting thought. Using the media and immediate access to propaganda, finding the people who are deemed the most undesirable of society. Use them to gauge how far rights can be eroded for everyone else.

I mean if were out of boogeymen, why not make them up to keep the status quo of eroding every freedom Americans have fought for.

link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I don't hurt KIDS I hurt bad guys.
Now not even that unless THAT comes my way( Most KNOW better).

I don't what you're referring to. Who mentioned hurting people? I mean "sick on them" in the general broad sense; not literally telling conservatives to bite people.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

OUT here it means attack to the great unwashed.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

That's an interesting thought. Using the media and immediate access to propaganda, finding the people who are deemed the most undesirable of society. Use them to gauge how far rights can be eroded for everyone else.

I mean if were out of boogeymen, why not make them up to keep the status quo of eroding every freedom Americans have fought for.

Or... maybe you, as the leader of the GOP, understands that your party's biggest problem is that you are all associated with bigotry and ignorance. So maybe you arrange for a pied piper of virtue signalling for these people so they all poke their heads up, waaaaaay up, so that everybody can see and then the rest of the party can very vocally oppose and rail against them.

That way, in a few years, you have a solid roster of GOP politicians who are known for fighting against bigotry and racism to lead the new, fresh rebranding of the party.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join