It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Just Did Something Obama could never do

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xianb
He named the Enemy. Thats right. President Trump NAMED the enemy. WS, Nazis, Neo-Nazis, KKK etc., It was real easy for Obama to say White Supremacy, but god forbid he give in to the Political Talking Point of Radical Islamic Terror.

Failing New York Times

We saw Donald Trump’s true colors on Saturday, when he was given the chance — a ready-made moment for presidential grace — to denounce the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville, Va., and instead found wrongdoing “on many sides.” That was Trump minus the pressure and the planning. That was his initial instinct, his first impulse.

Both sides were looking to pick a fight. If you have Protesters and Counter Protesters at a Location MANY sides are looking to pick a fight. Why is that so hard for the Left to understand? Come on people use Logic. 8 Years of Obama and he never named the enemy. He only grouped all Muslims in the same category as the enemy by not specifically calling out the enemy. Just like how the Democrats Grouped all White People into the same category as White Supremacists after Trump won the election.

Thanks for posting that NYT blurb, as that is the proper response to your confusing OP.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

That's pretty much what I was getting at. But as I predicted, even though he denounced them specifically now, all the whiners who were complaining "he should name them specifically" still aren't happy. They just want something to "resist", there doesn't have to be any logic to it.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Oh please.... what do you think Trump is doing when he tweets at 3am.

He's not standing and tweeting.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xianb
He named the Enemy. Thats right. President Trump NAMED the enemy. WS, Nazis, Neo-Nazis, KKK etc., It was real

Well, it's good that you have recognised the enemy, it took you a while....as it did for Trump to speak out, or did you just wait for him.
The hoodies..and the more subtle, non-hoodies that think the same are now going to be sorely disappointed in their "smash 'em in the face...throw 'em out" President, as will the bunch of 'cults' at Breitbart who are looking for a war (of just about any kind)

Now, this the day after yesterday...for me that is, I wonder what novelty tweety pie will have for all and, (sundry as it is now, :lol
at pre-breakfast time as a distraction... Charlottesville was a Chinese psy-op...Mueller is sacked because he picks his nose when thinking hard, which is not a good idea, (thinking that is) or maybe Kellyanne's counseling is not enough to counter her preponderance for farting all through her, 'counseling sessions' or that he is looking into the nuclear triads in his goverment, as part of his Charlottesville/Chinese upcoming investigation.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Do you actually think Trump's comments at rallies about kicking people out were some kind of racist code?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Who exactly is the enemy?

Hmmmm. I thought it was the Free Press that was the enemy of the people? That's something Obama never said!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No, he just passive aggressively had his Justice Department harass journalists.
edit on 14 8 17 by face23785 because: Clarified

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

No, he just passive aggressively had his Justice Department harass journalists.

You're correct on that point.

Both Obama and Trump have been enemies of the free press.

Trump just takes it to ridiculous extremes that make it obvious even to the most casual observer.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

It's laughable to compare the two. Trump has taken arguing with the media to a new height, but that's all he's done. Every president does that. That's a far cry from actually sicking your Justice Department on them. That's some police state #.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Trump just takes it to ridiculous extremes that make it obvious even to the most casual observer.

Right. Trump has made harassing and spying on the free press a pastime for his supporters.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Oh ok, why didn't you say we were holding the president responsible for everything his supporters do. Considering criminals vote like 90% Democrat, Obama has a lot to answer for. Any more games you wanna play?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I hold the president accountable for making sport of journalists for his supporters. He's deputized them in his own declared war of the free press.
edit on 14-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

It's laughable to compare the two. Trump has taken arguing with the media to a new height, but that's all he's done. Every president does that. That's a far cry from actually sicking your Justice Department on them. That's some police state #.

So I throw you a bone by agreeing with you, and you piss all over it by saying the comparison is laughable?

Why do you enjoy bones covered in piss?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

No, I am not saying it's an untrue statement, clearly is is true.

I agree. It is very true. He told all of the people which was both sides, both hate groups, to settle do

The problem with the statement is that it is WEAK, and does nothing, as I have noted, but prolong the irritation of these minority groups, while simultaneously providing the press another opportunity to try to divide us.

Telling them to stop what they are doing is weak? Do you want him to turn on his own citizens, both sides? They are our son's and daughters, trying to figure out their way in this life. We need to repatriate both groups, and show them the error of their ways.

Every time each of these groups try to express their self we tell them how stupid they are for thinking the way they do and not even listen. This nation has become a nation divided.

All the enemy has to do is keep us divided. At least Abraham Lincoln had the wits to see the only way it could be done.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think you're the fool mate.
that's just another of stemagegod 'so many accounts...
Why partake...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: face23785

I hold the president accountable for making sport of journalists for his supporters. He's deputized them in his own declared war of the free press.

I must've missed that Executive Order. Got a link?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
obama probably understood that being loud about specifics of possible terrorists only makes them twitchy and likely do something irrational.

the harder you push someone into a corner the more irrational and violent they become...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Would you accept the same excuse from Trump if he said that's why he didn't specifically name Nazis Saturday?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xianb

If we give religions a label that encompasses all the faithful like Radical Islam Terrorist then Trump would have to label this Radical Christian Terror. Both terms are wrong for the president to use. Not all Christians are racist and not all of Islam is violent. But, I think it is time for all religions to stand against haters of humanity just like they would abortion, in the public eye.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

Do you actually think Trump's comments at rallies about kicking people out were some kind of racist code?

Have you got a race in particular? damned hard to find one these days!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join