It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Want To Fight White Supremacy - A Primer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

We might not always agree politically (except on how extreme identity politics has gotten), but I appreciate your posts
a reply to: Grambler

Same to you. And by the way, Tulsi Gabbard is a hero for speaking out against the US policy in Syria.

Thanks man. This is how it should be, people on different sides of the political spectrum being collaborative and respectful. As to Tulsi, she has my respect for speaking out against the war machine and propaganda, something that is difficult and dangerous for a politician. And, true to form, the media and establishment Democrats even went after her, let alone Republicans... If the establishment Dems are so anti-Trump, and "progressive," why are they attacking a real progressive for speaking out against an unjust proxy war?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Trust me, this is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

There is some truth to that. I've seen maps produced that estimate a child's chances of attaining extreme economic success based on his parents' zip code.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There is some truth to that. I've seen maps produced that estimate a child's chances of attaining extreme economic success based on his parents' zip code.

Yeah, and there is a lot of research on how social capital (education, vocabulary, "language of the bosses," books in the home, prioritization of education, financial knowledge, connections) is passed down to kids and enhances their success, on average of course, and with exceptions. Also wealthier parents obviously have more money to invest in their children's development, whether that's high end private schools or extracurricular activities and travel. The difference is more stark in many developing countries, where a large portion of less privileged kids not only don't receive much education but are severely malnourished, which can have lifelong effects such as brain stunting. For example, in Bangladesh the child stunting figure is over 50%. The so-called "South Asian Enigma."

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

However, the important thing to realize is that this is less racial and more cultural in the sense that there are representatives of most races who have the advantages you describe. There is some cultural variance. For example, Jewish and Asian households of all levels always put a high emphasis on education and tend to learn how to manage their funds and end up rising quickly.

There has also been evidence to suggest some cultures value literacy less than others across all social strata.

But by and large, the advantages of social/financial ability are there regardless of race. If you have it, you have those advantages if you want to seize them.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

However, the important thing to realize is that this is less racial and more cultural in the sense that there are representatives of most races who have the advantages you describe. There is some cultural variance. For example, Jewish and Asian households of all levels always put a high emphasis on education and tend to learn how to manage their funds and end up rising quickly.

There has also been evidence to suggest some cultures value literacy less than others across all social strata.

But by and large, the advantages of social/financial ability are there regardless of race. If you have it, you have those advantages if you want to seize them.

Right, it's mostly economic class which translates to social and financial capital. As I said, I think the real variables here are economic, not racial. There is an element of truth to the idea that some measure of inequality racially is due to former policies such as housing or employment discrimination, which in effect stunted capital (of all kinds) accumulation and impacted subsequent generations. I think that this is overstated though in modern society, and is too often pointed to as the primary variable in question. So much present day liberal race theory is predicated upon this.

And, as you say, there are affluent or even privileged people of all backgrounds (and conversely severely underprivileged people of all backgrounds including whites), something many people in the identity politics world refuse to acknowledge, because it would provide counter points to such things as affirmative action, or simply overly reductionist beliefs about social justice.
edit on 14-8-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But that is a terrible standard.

It's apples to apples. Plenty of Chinese billionaires, where are the American ones?

Only people with money immigrate to America. The poor enter illegally and get exploited like the Chinese did when 'Murica needed to the connect the east and west.

Only about 2% of people in China have a degree, yet 50% of Chinese immigrants have a degree, In your article..

For example, about 27% of adults ages 25 to 64 in South Korea and 25% in Japan have a bachelor’s degree or more. In contrast, nearly 70% of comparably aged recent immigrants from these two countries have at least a bachelor’s degree.

They also do better in the education system.

Could be studying and the advantages of going to schools that don't rank at the bottom of the list for funding and peformance?

If the system was set up to help poor white people because they expect more as the OP shows, how did this happen?

America became less racist against Chinese Americans you think? Like how America became less racist against black and are no longer hanging black men from tree.

But are reaally to believe that things are just as baad or worse as they were before the civli rights movement? Its just not true, and to blame everything on whiteness is absurd.

Didn't saying anything close to that it was much worse back in the day. But the legacy is still around.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
a reply to: olaru12

But this chant..."Jews will not replace us" has me a bit mystified.

I think it was "You will not replace us".

Which is probably true.

The white genes are "recessive."

Which means that there are probably white DNA "hiding" in every non-white person on this planet.

Obama might look black, and even identify as black to the society he lives in, but inside he is still part white.

So, you can never get rid of whiteness. It will always be there, as long as there are humans walking about on the planet.

You just don't see it all the time.

Not sure why Neo-Nazis feel the need to "fight" for a "white society."

They seem to be mostly concerned with "looking white" on the "outside skin."

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I keep seeing the word equity, not equality.
This is because now that we have equality they want equal outcomes - for everything.
School grades, pay, promotion - every minority should get those instead of anyone who maybe worked harder or longer.
Because White privilege.
It everywhere, even the air we breathe...

I'm supposed to take this seriously even though there isn't a single fact or statistic to back her argument?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Oh and I should also add that nothing is going to "fight" racist tendencies in a group like an entire article telling them how rotten they are ... just because they exist and are that group.

If you think that an entire article whose premise is to tell some struggling single mom in a trailer somewhere that even though she has it real bad, she's still racist and privileged because she's white and her life would be worse if her skin was any other color is going to make her less racist instead of just royally pissed off ... you are totally insensitive to how life works.

Hey, blond chick ... you think your life is bad? Yeah, well it would be much worse if you were brunette!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I keep seeing the word equity, not equality.
This is because now that we have equality they want equal outcomes - for everything.
School grades, pay, promotion - every minority should get those instead of anyone who maybe worked harder or longer.
Because White privilege.
It everywhere, even the air we breathe...

I'm supposed to take this seriously even though there isn't a single fact or statistic to back her argument?

It's supposed to be "equal opportunity", not "equality."

The problem, really, is identifying the causal factors that influence that "equal opportunity."

We are measuring "equal opportunity" by looking at the statistical results produced in the "outcomes".

There really is no good way to determine whether two people have really had equal opportunities.

You can't measure "opportunity", only "outcomes."

The only thing known, for certain, is deliberately denying people opportunity is wrong.

But, "enabling opportunity" ? How do we really do that?

edit on 16-8-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Oh and I should also add that nothing is going to "fight" racist tendencies in a group like an entire article telling them how rotten they are ... just because they exist and are that group.

If you think that an entire article whose premise is to tell some struggling single mom in a trailer somewhere that even though she has it real bad, she's still racist and privileged because she's white and her life would be worse if her skin was any other color is going to make her less racist instead of just royally pissed off ... you are totally insensitive to how life works.

Hey, blond chick ... you think your life is bad? Yeah, well it would be much worse if you were brunette!

i think you missed the point of the article tbh

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Has the supply for white supremacist met the demand yet?

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Damn, 4 year old necro with only the appropriate amount of trolling.

Well done...sincerely.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Is it because he's white?

not at all. i'm white, myself.

rather, this thread is meant to be a source of information for people who recognize this problem and want to do something about it. contrarians are welcome to post but i dont give a # what they think, so there's not much reason to engage here.

hope that clears it up

as this thread is renewed, I have to ask, have you ever been poor and white?

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

How about strive to do better and actually amount to something instead of bitching with your hand out, kiddo?

Life's not nice. You're going to have to break some sweat once in a while, and maybe break a nail. God help you if you have a dong, because it does not include testes yet, evidently.
edit on 4/13/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
as this thread is renewed, I have to ask, have you ever been poor and white?

most of my life, yes

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   
"So you want to fight white supremacy" strikes me as a modern day Don Quixote story, complete with battling windmills because someone thinks they are being attacked by giants.

No thanks, I'll save my energy and my fight for things that are actual problems rather than wasting it on false narratives designed to ensure the nation stays as divided as possible.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
"So you want to fight white supremacy" strikes me as a modern day Don Quixote story, complete with battling windmills because someone thinks they are being attacked by giants.

No thanks, I'll save my energy and my fight for things that are actual problems rather than wasting it on false narratives designed to ensure the nation stays as divided as possible.

this was three years ago that i posted this... and things have changed since then to be sure. quite an uptick in domestic terrorist groups, and a heavy association with white supremacist groups within that.

if you're not worried about it, okay. not asking anyone else to do my worrying for me.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: fiverx313

How about strive to do better and actually amount to something instead of bitching with your hand out, kiddo?

Life's not nice. You're going to have to break some sweat once in a while, and maybe break a nail. God help you if you have a dong, because it does not include testes yet, evidently.

this isn't the mudpit, dear.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join