It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack near Paris

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Otley

I was going to make a thread on this as I just read a report which is very confusing as it states in a couple of paragraphs that this wasn't a terror attack and then in a few other paragraphs I see the words 'this attack' or 'an attack' so which is it?

It was either an attack or it wasn't, it can't be both.

Here is a couple of paragraphs:

A man believed to be under the influence of drugs — and possibly suicidal — deliberately rammed his car into a pizzeria east of Paris on Monday night, killing an adolescent girl and injuring her younger brother and 12 others, authorities said.

In above paragraph it says the man believed to be intoxicated and then on paragraph below it mentions attack:

The driver was immediately arrested in what was the latest of several attacks in France and elsewhere using a vehicle as a weapon.

Then it says in a later paragraph:

Speaking to reporters near the attack site, de Valroger said he had opened a homicide investigation.

Then after that:

At this stage, he said, "I rule out a terrorist motive."

He called it "highly probable" that the driver was under the influence of drugs and that he left the road and deliberately aimed his car at restaurant-goers.

www.msn.com...

Seems like a very confusing report to me.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think an "attack" is the right description of what occurred as it seems this person deliberately drove at people - ie attacking them. It's just that these days an "attack" seems to be shorthand for "terrorist attack".

Given the unfortunate spate of terrorist attacks by idiots using vehicles you can't really blame people for jumping to conclusions, but it is sad if people are disappointed that it turns out to be non-terror related.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think an "attack" is the right description of what occurred as it seems this person deliberately drove at people - ie attacking them. It's just that these days an "attack" seems to be shorthand for "terrorist attack".

Given the unfortunate spate of terrorist attacks by idiots using vehicles you can't really blame people for jumping to conclusions, but it is sad if people are disappointed that it turns out to be non-terror related.

I cannot help but wonder if all these car attacks are the beginning steps of a push towards automated driverless vehicles.

What better way to get it into peoples minds and literally have a group that start demanding it in the name of safety.....

<< 1   >>

join