It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville Deputy Mayor's Racist Tweets

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: IAMTAT

Is this real? Deputy mayor doesn't even know how to use spell check? And they wonder why white people have to hold a rally there.

So a couple of mis spelled racist tweets from 6-8 years ago means "white people" should rally?

Talk about triggered

Well, everyone else is up in arms about some statues from 157 years ago, sooooooooooooooo

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I don't want to see this man fired for tweets when he was a young man. I do believe people can change, and I hate the idea of digging through someones paast to find something dumb or racist they said the rest of their life.

That said, we will see by his actions if he is really changed, not by his words.

I agree with you, this guy shouldn't be held accountable for something nasty he said so long ago... IF he's changed. The same could be said about some white southerners who's great grand dad had some slaves, right? or does statute of limitations span generations when it comes to racism coming from white people? let's boil down this idea.

Black man does something racist in 2011 - nah he's okay I'm sure he's changed
White man does something racist in 1860 - his great great grandchildren are held accountable

did I get this right?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sooooooo the excuses for this man's racism is that the tweets are old an that he's a changed man. If true, why was he fighting to get the statue removed and the park renamed even after the townsfolk said it should stay? If he was a changed man would the statue not bother him so much?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I won't be surprised if the DOJ soon files criminal charges against Virginia state and/or local officials.
I suspect their role in handling of events in Charlottesville is being closely scrutinized by the Justice dept.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I won't be surprised if the DOJ soon files criminal charges against Virginia state and/or local officials.
I suspect their role in handling of events in Charlottesville is being closely scrutinized by the Justice dept.

Unfortunately, any investigation into the culpability of the officials will be meant with the following reaction.

"See! Jeff Sessions is a racist and trying to pass the blame away from the nazis for this violence!"

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This guy is a BLM Member.

Defiantly posting racist things

And likely himself responsible for creating the opposition march to a bunch of white dudes trying to save a historical statue and park.

He should be investigated for his part in any riot, the removal or the statues, or the police standing down instead of seperation of the protestors.

and All Nazis and Commies suck, so does BLM, but undoubtedly there were people local that fall in none of those categories trying to save history present as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

TextSo a couple of mis spelled racist tweets from 6-8 years ago means "white people" should rally?

Seriously? A war that ended 150 years ago and the BLM crowd demonstrates?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: IAMTAT

Before reading the thread, I am going to guess that his racism will be excused, because, gee, it's just "in response to too much racism by whites, and too much 'whiteness' in general". That seems to be the usual reaction fro those condoning such things.

I really hope to be wrong on this.

You are not wrong.
There have been a few misguided members in this thread saying we are supporting White Supremacy by calling out this clown as a racist for his racist Tweets.
Once a racist, always a racist.....it doesn't just go away.

So sad! I wonder, sometimes, how many taking such a position are misguided, and how many are deliberately fanning the flames of division, and actually want people angry and violent.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I would go a step further.

Those tweets don't sound racist to me, they sound like this guy is unhinged and needs a psych eval right away!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join