It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville Deputy Mayor's Racist Tweets

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Aight bruh, your deadass wrong on this. Dont believe the hype but anything to further the narrative eh?

Dr Wes Bellamy is his twitter feed. Go through the 127k tweets and see if you see that language. OP and some folks in this thread got tricked by FAKE NEWS. But as long as it reinforces my beliefs its okay right, right?

(drops the mic).

Might want to pick that mic back up.

BLACKWELL: OK. Before we let you go, you've talked about ending hate and coming together. I've got to ask you about some statements of your own you've made on matters of race, tweets attributed to you in which you tweet in 2011, quote: I hate seeing white people in Orangeburg. I don't like white people so I hate white snow and white women equal the devil.

What are your views today? Did you tweet those? How are you getting beyond, if you are, those comments that you've tweeted out?

BELLAMY: Yes, no problem. So the great thing I love about the city of Charlottesville this is a city that helped me grow as a man.

In 2011, I was 23 years old, 23 or 24 years old. At this point, I'm 30. I am a husband, a father. I've had the opportunity to have different experiences with a lot of different people. I'm not the same arrogant and, quite frankly, in many cases, just ignorant young man that I used to be.

And I know that because of this city and the people who I've grown up with here since I moved here, and since I've been here the last few years, they have helped shape my viewpoint and my world point about how we must interact and how we must grow. And I think it also states -- it speaks to the point that if I can grow out of that position and that mind state and kind of evolve --

transcripts.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't want to see this man fired for tweets when he was a young man. I do believe people can change, and I hate the idea of digging through someones paast to find something dumb or racist they said the rest of their life.

That said, we will see by his actions if he is really changed, not by his words.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: IAMTAT

Is this real? Deputy mayor doesn't even know how to use spell check? And they wonder why white people have to hold a rally there.

So a couple of mis spelled racist tweets from 6-8 years ago means "white people" should rally?

Talk about triggered

No. But it does illustrate part of why white people are rallying.

Racism is racism is racism. Don't excuse it or minimize it. No matter what.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Aight bruh, your deadass wrong on this. Dont believe the hype but anything to further the narrative eh?

Dr Wes Bellamy is his twitter feed. Go through the 127k tweets and see if you see that language. OP and some folks in this thread got tricked by FAKE NEWS. But as long as it reinforces my beliefs its okay right, right?

(drops the mic).

The racist already admitted to it and apologized for it, bruh.
www.cnn.com...

(Pick up your mic and move along).

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Tru, i am wrong on this.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I admit, those are some pretty inexcusable and ugly Tweets.

I won't even try defending them.

Funny how you dont call them racist.. ahem ahem

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Swills

Yeah, he did write the offensive tweets when he was 22/23 years old. Since then, he has apologized and hasn't written anything like those tweets for years.

Of course you know this is an attempt to deflect from the white supremacist rally violence. A pretty poor attempt in my opinion.

Looks like youre trying to excuse what he said because of his age. Im noticing a pattern of excuse making and the failure to call these tweets for what they really are and that is RACIST.

Speaking of deflecting it looks like you are trying to deflect from the original topic of this thread.

Funny how certain white people give a pass on racism that is directed toward them. Its gotta be sad to be so white guilt ridden you cant call out racism directed toward your own race.

People against racism if they are TRULY against it will call it out for what it is regardless of the skin color of the person its radiating from.
edit on 14-8-2017 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Is this real? Deputy mayor doesn't even know how to use spell check? And they wonder why white people have to hold a rally there.

So a couple of mis spelled racist tweets from 6-8 years ago means "white people" should rally?

Talk about triggered
es Bellayt

Is this Wes Bellamy?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: kruphix

Yep, looks like he is an idiot.

Does this prove something?

Does this justify the actions by Unite The Right?

Yes it does. If he is still mayor there then it does for sure.

So White Supremacy is justified because this guy is an idiot?

Yes and yes.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Tru, i am wrong on this.

Eh it happens, no big deal.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Just wow This guy is a racist as Hitler. WTF.

As racist as hitler?? Last time I checkd this guy didnt call for gassing white people

Jesus Christ people

Look at you defending this blatantly racist man. Why do you do that?

And people want proof we have shills on ats?

Are you the proof?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Just wow This guy is a racist as Hitler. WTF.

As racist as hitler?? Last time I checkd this guy didnt call for gassing white people

Jesus Christ people

Look at you defending this blatantly racist man. Why do you do that?

And people want proof we have shills on ats?

What makes his response shill-like?

It's a legit question.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

The tweets were RACIST. Happy now?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Freaks on the alt-right want to respect the free speech of Nazi's, funny how I don't see them in here respecting the free speech of a black man

ATS "deny ignorance" lol

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if he apologized.

I'd never trust he was fair because he is now just a closet racist.

I wouldn't trust Trump around my wife either. He'd probably just grab her by the _____ ya know?

I never said anything like what they did. I don't believe the fake apology.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I want to share this re-post of a post from an unknown citizen of Charlottesville. Not verified and not my words, but is interesting:

"I am a citizen of Charlottesville and yesterday was a horrible day for my city. The news outlets have it all wrong. This whole march was started by the city's vice mayor and the city council. The vice mayor who is a racist black man ( google Wes Bellamy and read his hate statements towards white people and women) who decided to try to make a name for himself by removing a historical statue of Robert E Lee. He wants to erase history. After the citizens of Charlottesville voiced their opinion that the statue should stay Wes Bellamy kept pushing the issue. These are the facts. This has nothing to do with Trump. Wes Bellamy and the city council brought this mess upon our city. Race relations here have been set back 60 years. BLM is to the black community as the KKK is to the white community. Hate is what it is. Hate has no color, hate has no political belief. There is hate on both sides, yesterday proved that"...Mike King,Charlottesville resident.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

Wow....

This is all so shocking.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

So basically an extremist racist homophobic misogynistic psycho caused the whole situation and when anyone disagreed they called them "neo nazi kkk" ?

This is unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Freaks on the alt-right want to respect the free speech of Nazi's, funny how I don't see them in here respecting the free speech of a black man

ATS "deny ignorance" lol

That is a stupid post.

Everyone should respect the right to speak freely.

Who in their right mind would force people to respect the contents of speech?

Oh yeah, freedom-hating fascist leftists.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

ATS "deny ignorance" lol

Well I did defend him.

But as to others, there is a difference.

No one is saying that this man shouldn't have been allowed to say what he did, only that perhaps he shouldn't be holding public office having made those racists comments.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join