It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville Driver Innocent?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I didn't accuse you of anything, I debated assertions you made and pointed out what you're doing. I have no narrative, I just disagree with your "interpretation" of the information at hand.

Pro-tip: telling everybody over and over again how you're the one looking at things without emotion kinda doesn't really impress anybody.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He didn't declare the guy innocent. He is questioning the established narrative because it has been wrong in several very high profile incidents, and I think that's a reasonable position to take.

The incidents he points to were played as damning at the time, and then full evidence found a jury that did not convict.

In other words, right now this looks very bad, and in some instances, like the one of the cop who straight up shot that guy in the back, The initial public conclusion is correct, but it's also just as likely the initial public conclusion is wrong when everything is brought to light too.

So we ought to wait and not get too set on one outcome or another.
edit on 14-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Maybe the guy got roughed up, it's reported his face was bruised, so he got in his car in a revenge rage frame of mind.

Lots of people snap, can't handle a beating or other shock to their sensibilities.

If you go to these hate infested protests where you have hate filled progressives on one side and hate filled far right wingers on the other, it could happen at any time. Someone gets pushed over the edge of sanity by what could be any little thing.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I didn't accuse you of anything, I debated assertions you made and pointed out what you're doing. I have no narrative, I just disagree with your "interpretation" of the information at hand.

Pro-tip: telling everybody over and over again how you're the one looking at things without emotion kinda doesn't really impress anybody.

i kinda felt the need because apparently you are not allowed to voice any different opinion at all anymore. Well tough luck because i don't care. You changed my comment and i disagreed. It's simple as that. I'm only here to give my input on things and that's it. News flash we're all just speculating because we don't know the truth do we?

What happens if he turns out to be a liberal in disguise and he wanted to plow people over that belonged to the Alt-Right? I couldn't really tell the difference between both sides either to be honest. They all looked the same to me.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes, I see hundreds, thousands.....

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I could see the difference on Friday night.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Woah! Wait, the way this was played up, I thought the town was literally swamped and outnumbered by Nazis. That can't be more than 200, if that. Was that all there were?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Woah! Wait, the way this was played up, I thought the town was literally swamped and outnumbered by Nazis. That can't be more than 200, if that. Was that all there were?

On Friday... With about 30 anti protesters? Saturday is when both sides unloaded the bulk of their numbers

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I've already established that nobody is innocent in this.

But still ... those are pathetic numbers. People are talking like the bulk of white America just invaded this poor little town.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
If you go to these hate infested protests where you have hate filled progressives on one side and hate filled far right wingers on the other, it could happen at any time. Someone gets pushed over the edge of sanity by what could be any little thing.

YES.

So, we have this organized effort to take down a statue of Robert E. Lee. A white supremacist/neo-nazi protest is organized in protest and then we have the reaction to that in the form of an organized counter-protest.

Everything is organized -- from start to finish.

Why not the violence, too?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

i kinda felt the need because apparently you are not allowed to voice any different opinion at all anymore.

I thought you were arguing all this of this without emotion?

You changed my comment and i disagreed.

Neat.

News flash we're all just speculating because we don't know the truth do we?

Yep. Though some of us seem to be more willing to look at what little information we do have rather than trying to just make things up.

What happens if he turns out to be a liberal in disguise and he wanted to plow people over that belonged to the Alt-Right?

Then he'll be a leftist with a pretty poor understanding of who totes around rainbow flags and why, and should be charged just as he would be as a right-winger.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Well i'm still waiting for evidence that he was a WS or a Nazi. Official sources are awfully quiet to confirm that Alex Fields was in fact a WS or a Nazi. I'm reading a lot of comments claiming that but they all have no answer for that question that is also backed up by official sources. Interesting.

Are you being deliberately ignorant?!
Fields at a Nazi rally

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

YES.

So, we have this organized effort to take down a statue of Robert E. Lee. A white supremacist/neo-nazi protest is organized in protest and then we have the reaction to that in the form of an organized counter-protest.

Pretty much, up to and including the police not getting involved and letting fights happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hardly.

Late Friday night, several hundred torch-bearing men and women marched on the main quadrangle of the University of Virginia’s grounds, shouting, “You will not replace us,” and “Jew will not replace us.” They walked around the Rotunda, the university’s signature building, and to a statue of Thomas Jefferson, where a group of counterprotesters were gathered, and a brawl ensued. At least one person was led away in handcuffs by the police.

Even the NY Times is saying it was only a few hundred people marched Friday night, in their article from Saturday morning.

NY Times

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What's your point? It was mostly peaceful that night and people who got physical were arrested. Like it should've been the next day as well. The Berkeley riots looked far worse and the MSM stayed silent the whole time. It only escalated when the #ing Antifa and BLM showed up. Well people are itching for a #ing civil war now get ready because you have nothing seen yet.

One death caused by a lunatic and people pretend it's the end of the world. Meanwhile 18 people get mowed down by 4 gunmen in Burkina Faso by merely sitting in a turkish restaurant and having a good time and just crickets. #ing hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Well i'm still waiting for evidence that he was a WS or a Nazi. Official sources are awfully quiet to confirm that Alex Fields was in fact a WS or a Nazi. I'm reading a lot of comments claiming that but they all have no answer for that question that is also backed up by official sources. Interesting.

Are you being deliberately ignorant?!
Fields at a Nazi rally

Yeah and what if he was a Nazi it's not like people getting killed for stupid # every day of the week. People use all kind of excuses to hurt and kill people. What makes this case so special? BLM,Nazis,Antifa,Alt-Right and every other group who get their rocks off by causing violence got blood on their hands. The silence was deafening when cops got mowed down just because they were cops. That's what i meant with the roles can be reversed at any time now. The hate from BLM went unchecked and Antifa latched on as a result. Now we have way too many different groups of complete morons who compete in who gets more people killed. Yeah good job guys. Obama did nothing to prevent this and now look where it got you. People hate and kill each other for just having a different opinion now.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

What's your point? It was mostly peaceful that night and people who got physical were arrested. Like it should've been the next day as well. The Berkeley riots looked far worse and the MSM stayed silent the whole time. It only escalated when the #ing Antifa and BLM showed up. Well people are itching for a #ing civil war now get ready because you have nothing seen yet.

One death caused by a lunatic and people pretend it's the end of the world. Meanwhile 18 people get mowed down by 4 gunmen in Burkina Faso by merely sitting in a turkish restaurant and having a good time and just crickets. #ing hypocrites.

Thats kinda my point. Friday night was rough for me- simply because what I witnessed were torch wielding nutcases.. But it was peaceful. Had no issue with it.

It was Saturday that got my emotions in a fizzy.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

hmmm....that IS amazing.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

YES.

Pretty much, up to and including the police not getting involved and letting fights happen.

Was this intersection pretty much the entirety of the protestors and counter-protestors?

I don't understand why all those people were piled into the streets at that intersection and there wasn't a police officer in sight.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That is the real question, isn't it?..

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join