It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville Driver Innocent?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

A reasoned discussion would be to assume innocence before proven guilty, right?

So if you want to have a reasoned discussion we have to lay out the facts of the case in a logical, rational, reasoned manner. I don't think that this is what you will find while tempers and attitudes are still running high.

It is up to the attorneys, the alleged perpetrator's statement, and the grand jury to decide whether there is enough evidence to prosecute.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I can guarantee this guy's defense attorney will be presenting evidence to show the driver's life was threatened.

Gee, ya think?

However, I am not really buying this guy just decided to randomly run down protesters until presented evidence to show the contrary.

That's what investigations are for.

Personally, I think the video taken from behind that shows him not braking and driving in a straight line towards the crowd is going to be the biggest obstacle for his defense. If he was scared of something that happened why would he drive towards a mass of people down the street instead of backing up away from them when the street was relatively sparsely populated?

Just so you don't think I ignored you.

Yes, the defense attorney will. Whether or not it is believable in a court of law remains to be seen. Again, I recall when Trayvon, Mike Brown, and all these other cases were presented as open and shut cases in the media until facts started dripping out. That may or may not happen in this case, but this is why I tend to just take all this stuff with a grain of salt.

The guy may very well be a dirtbag nazi scum. Well, we seem to know he is already. However, that doesn't mean he purposely crashed into the opposing protestors. This is all I am trying to get across. We have other examples of protesters being hit with cars when mobbing drivers. Fortunately, in those no one to my knowledge was killed. The fact someone was killed AND his political beliefs will make this case more difficult because many people will not be able to separate the two.

The video from behind is not clear. It looks like he braked and then accelerated. We clearly see one or two protesters hitting his car. I guess prior to accelerating.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Normally one poses a question if they have the evidence to back up asking it. Why ask a question if you cannot prove it may be true? One doesn't ask a question and get others to prove it for them. That is poor arguing and the mark of obfuscation.

ATS used to be a site that got to the bottom of things, not purposely obfuscate an issue because reality may present an angle you don't agree with. This thread is garbage.

There is circumstantial evidence that there may be (more) suspects, by way of motive. People who benefit from civil unrest and a divided nation have more motive than this guy (alone) AND they have the means and opportunity to stage everything that happened this weekend.

This is the perfect forum to discuss that. Sorry you disagree.

The only accomplices would be other Nazis, which means that this was more than the actions of a lone wold but a staged attack by a group of haters.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Anybody notice the numerics on the license plate? ....1111

GVF 1111

I never engage in the numerology stuff, but I did notice his mother's license plate is GVF1122

That's why I assume they moved to Ohio in May 2016...surely they registered their vehicles at the same time for the numbers to be so close, and his was originally registered in May 2016.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: CranialSponge

What is going to happen is once the right finally accepts this was a hate crime and James Alex Fields deserves to be charged with 2nd degree murder, the drum beat call out of the echo chamber will be "he's just a nutcase and doesn't represent us in any way".

Well it's true because that's the go to excuse when something bad happens to a Trump supporter. He was just a lone wolf or a nutjob and it's all backed up by the MSM. That's why i refuse to take sides because now they will all think they are justified to pull stupid # like this again. It's all going down hill from now on. You think the reaction to this tragedy was bad well just wait until someone from the other side dies as well. That's what people always forget when they say things in the heat of the moment. The roles can be reversed at any other day of the week.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok. I disagree. Thanks for sharing your opinion though.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good grief, Krazy! You've got it all figured out, don't you. Your hate is deep and one-layered.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: queenofswords

I read somewhere that the shields were handed out to anyone who attended and asked for one.

That's correct, the group made a disclaimer statement on twitter, (though I think it could have been done better)

“The driver of the vehicle that hit counterprotesters today was, in no way, a member of Vanguard America,” the group said in a statement on its Twitter account. “All our members had been safely evacuated by the time of the incident. The shields seen do not denote membership, nor does the white shirt. The shirts were freely handed out to anyone in attendance.”

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

My mistake. I remember seeing pictures shortly after the incident and the car they showed had Virginia plates.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

hmmm....thanks for sharing his mom's numbers. Why would the "reporters" (yeah, right) pose her like this?

Even though you don't engage in numerology stuff, let me point out that 11 and 22 are both Master Numbers.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I remember that too, as well as that other fella that they tried to name and shame as being the owner of the car.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

hmmm....thanks for sharing his mom's numbers. Why would the "reporters" (yeah, right) pose her like this?

Even though you don't engage in numerology stuff, let me point out that 11 and 22 are both Master Numbers.

11+22=33

I just don't have the brain for numerology.

Watch the interview with the mom...it's been edited.

I wish we were able to see the entire unedited interview!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Was the crowd a mix of both groups? So randomly mowing people down would injure just as many of both sides?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
LMAO at all the "peaceful" protesters with bats and torches and sticks. Just LMAO>

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I dunno what video you're watching, because I don't see any brake lights until after he's already in the crowd and hit the stationary vehicles. The only time I see the brake lights illuminated other than that is at the very beginning of the video from behind, which starts with him hitting the speed hump, which he did fast enough to get wheel chirp as he came down from it.

And I don't see anybody hitting his car until he's already driving, at speed, and entering the fringes of the crowd.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm not making up anything and frankly i'm getting tired of the bull# accusations towards me without backing them up with any evidence at all. If you're interested in continuing our conversation then please quit twisting my own words to fit your narrative. It's rude.

Emotions and feelings are prone to cloud judgments that's why i look at cases like this from a very cold perspective.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The poor woman had no clue. I feel really badly for her as well.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The fact that the driver went for the Hitler look doesn't help.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The video from behind is not clear. It looks like he braked and then accelerated. We clearly see one or two protesters hitting his car. I guess prior to accelerating.

You guess wrong then, he came down the hill where he had been sitting on his own, well away from any crowd.
But I guess that those people he drove into ....and through, had taken something that gave them wings?

BTW, you shudda went to Specsavers, look at the picture from the ATS link..it might help.

Now, while it is not yet clear, it might be possible that the young lady that died, may have been crushed between the other two vehicles that Fields crashed into, that would been after he mowed his way through the crowd.
edit on 14-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Also, it's amazing that there were photographers who captured the incident from front and back with high resolution photos.

That never happens:

Open those in new windows and zoom in. They are astoundingly well-timed and taken with nice cameras, not camera phones.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join