It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville Driver Innocent?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

You mean those "thugs" that were just walking down the street after the protest that he rammed from behind???

The "Thugs" that weren't doing anything to anyone at that moment but walking with their backs to this maniac in the car who decided to run them over??

Yeah, let's charge them with felony "minding their own business and walking down the street." Sounds logical.

So what about that local woman??? He did kill her with his car and injure others for doing nothing more than walking down a street. I suppose he should get a medal of honor for helping to clean up the streets in your opinion???

I honestly can't wait to read the next ridiculous post you make. If it's anything like that last one I might just laugh myself into a heart attack.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I need a break.
edit on 17-8-2017 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The media has presented this as a case of a guy intentionally mowing down left wing protesters, but is that really what happened?

Well, there's a video, shot by someone on their cell phone, that shows his car driving towards the group of people, smashing into them, then reversing back to escape.

From the video, it looks deliberate, and he wasn't under any kind of threat from the crowd, since he had to drive up the street quite a way to meet the crowd in the first place.

So....unless some anti-protester was sitting in the car with him, and holding a gun to his head, making him deliberately drive into the crowd, I'd say he's as guilty as hell, if I were on the jury.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I need a break.

That's what the guy in the charger said.

Sorry. I know that was in bad taste and all. But I have a sick mind.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

The media has presented this as a case of a guy intentionally mowing down left wing protesters, but is that really what happened?

From the video, it looks deliberate, and he wasn't under any kind of threat from the crowd, since he had to drive up the street quite a way to meet the crowd in the first place.

So....unless some anti-protester was sitting in the car with him, and holding a gun to his head, making him deliberately drive into the crowd, I'd say he's as guilty as hell, if I were on the jury.

Speculation at best. Come back when you have more to back this claim. Do you have access to evidence the rest of us have not?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Just looking to have a reasoned discussion. As we saw in the other cases, the supposed perpetrators were found innocent after all the facts were presented in a court of law and the hysteria calmed down. I am wondering if we will see the same thing in this case.

When you are in a car, and you hit someone from behind, it's always the person from behind's fault. I think the same thing may be true with a car hitting a person. If your front bumper hits someone hard enough to kill them you may be in trouble. I'm just trying to have a "reasoned" discussion.

This isn't actually True. If the person in front of you deliberately slams their brakes on with the intent to "make" you slam into him, then it is his fault entirely.
Your protesters may have done this exact same scenario by waiting for someone and then egging them on and provoking them to "make something happen". If true, then they got much more than they wanted., or maybe some did want this? It has given them and the media the perfect cover to gain an upper hand in their war against everyone not like themselves and anyone who has ever disagreed with them. The left and their media supporters require fresh new targets to crucify daily.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Well, there's a video, shot by someone on their cell phone, that shows his car driving towards the group of people, smashing into them, then reversing back to escape.

Are you sure about that? There was no threat from the crowd? Watch this video especially at the 1:22 mark onward.

His car got wacked with a pole by one of the protesters. This guy may have just panicked thinking the crowd was turning on him. At least that would be the defense I would use when this goes to court.

I'm sorry. But all of a sudden there were people whacking the car with clubs and I panicked. Watch the video. Are those the actions of a murderer? Or a panicked driver suddenly afraid of the crowd and trying to escape?

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. The real criminals here were the Antifa thugs with the clubs.
edit on 18-8-2017 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

Speculation at best. Come back when you have more to back this claim. Do you have access to evidence the rest of us have not?

No. I don't have any "special" evidence. Maybe he wasn't the driver of the car?

The car certainly did it. The car smashed into the people.

So, all we need to prove, is who was driving that car.

Cars don't drive themselves, and reverse themselves, not yet anyway.

Self-driving cars are on the way, but not here yet.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntech

His car got wacked with a pole by one of the protesters. This guy may have just panicked thinking the crowd was turning on him. At least that would be the defense I would use when this goes to court.

I'm sorry. But all of a sudden there were people whacking the car with clubs and I panicked. Watch the video. Are those the actions of a murderer? Or a panicked driver suddenly afraid of the crowd and trying to escape?

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. The real criminals here were the Antifa thugs with the clubs.

Nah. He's as guilty as hell. Just look at the "other cars" on the street. Why is his car the only one driving "recklessly" ?

It's only "after" his "reckless" drive up the street at unreasonable high speed for the conditions, that the people wack his car to alert him that he's going too fast, and endangering the lives of the pedestrians. They aren't wracking the other cars, just his, for his "inappropriate behavior".

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I agree that the tap on the bumper was after he had already accelerated towards the crowd, btw. May have made him increase speed, but wasnt what sent him towards the crowd.

Where our opinions differ is I believe (because I saw video) that he was on a mostly empty street (exactly what I said in my first recount of the video, and exactly what everyone is using to refute what I say) with a light crowd moving towards the protesters, and was then surrounded by 8-12 men dressed in black wearing masks. They are what caused him to drive into the crowd. Then the bumper tap excaserbated things.
edit on 18-8-2017 by KnoxMSP because: Content

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This man might be able to use the Officer Noor defense. Will it work? Ya never know until.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hey guys, before we all get our pitch forks and tiki torches, we should look at additional information/ video sources other than what the media is releasing on TV.

What we are talking about are facts and evidence. Facts and evidence don't care about your feelings, your political alignment, your anti-left or anti-right rhetoric, your name calling, or passive aggressive, subtle insults.

Let's all be reminded of one thing: Since Obama renewed the NDAA act several years ago, a stipulation was included to remove the ban on domestic propaganda. Technically, there is such a thing as fake news, considering the mainstream media now has the ability to literally make things up, interject personal bias into whatever story they cover, and/or work to sway public opinion whichever way they see fit, and it's perfectly legal. That, unfortunately, is a fact.

Moving on, I have a personal belief and some video. My personal belief is that if I had a Dodge challenger at 20 years old, there is no way I would ever consider or plan on mowing people down with it and causing that much damage that I would have to fix.

Ok, now that my (slightly sarcastic) remark is out of the way, I present you with a link to some videos, from different people, with different angles, showing some events before and after the running of the Dodge. I'm still not saying that I defend this person's actions, as he didn't keep his cool, and was dumb for showing up to an event like this WITH a vehicle at all. At the same time, he doesn't seem to be an evil skin head alt-right Nazi driving around, looking to run over people at a protest, as everyone is gleefully cheering.

squawker.org...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

he doesn't seem to be an evil skin head alt-right Nazi driving around, looking to run over people at a protest, as everyone is gleefully cheering.

You may have missed the reporting of his attraction to nazis for many years and his abuse/threats to his mother.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Which would give him a reason and explain his adventure over to the rally that was happening, to join in the protests. That does not immediately make him a homicidal maniac with intent to kill.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Threatening your mother with a knife doesn't help to make one look not violent.

Love of a car doesn't prevent all. Wanna bet his mom bought it versus him working to purchase it.

Of course you get to have your opinion though.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Love of that car was just an opinion of mine..... that was my comic relief for my post

And you're correct that it doesn't help his case. On the flip side, him getting his car smashed up and surrounded by protesters doesn't help the media narrative of it either. I'm not saying he's innocent, I'm not saying what he did wasn't wrong, what I am saying is the murder charges that everyone is pushing for may be a little steep given the circumstances.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Looks like he had second thoughts.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

If he was having second thoughts he would have kept the brakes on and actually stopped. He didn't.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Deaf Alien

If he was having second thoughts he would have kept the brakes on and actually stopped. He didn't.

Yeah. I agree. Was leaving it there due to someone saying there is no evidence he braked or at least tapped the brake.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
One thing that I also havent seen brought up, there was a Discord chat room up that a lot of alt-right and neo-nazi groups used with a lot of the organizers of the event having been seen in them. A journalist was able to somehow get into their chatroom before they were taken down, and with discord you can go back and see all the posts mad, and they had discussions about the laws regarding running down protestors, along with pages and pages of vile and awful things.

It's archived.

Trust me, when the ball gets dropped, there's always someone (or forty) to get the job done.

Some of the # I've read on the internet has literally turned my stomach. And - as always - the bigots use anonymity and (poorly) cover up their tracks afterwards.

Of course it hasn't been brought up here.... it doesn't fit the narrative that ATS wants to push.

What is being discussed is an absolute disdain and disregard for the legal system in America. No more judges. No more juries.

Simply executioners, and in this case - a justified execution by car, and nearly two dozen other injuries - because someone's car was struck by an inanimate object.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join