It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville Driver Innocent?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Excellent and reasonable OP. Of course all of the usual unreasonable suspects have shown up and tried to derail the argument, but nonetheless, your points are valid and well thought out.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Greven

there is proof that unless there was something really funky happening to his car, which I doubt...
whoever was driving that car is guilty of manslaughter in the least!! more likely, murder.
I have no idea what the proof is that the guy they have is the guy that was driving the car....
so I can't comment on that one.
I'm just surprised that so few have brought that possibility up as a defense...
why not, they've tried everything else...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Tired of your own thread on this topic already huh??

Is it not getting the reaction you hoped for??

Or is it your turn to make the rounds giving undeserved credit to your buddies as if they actually accomplished something??

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Probably the fact that he's not denying it was him and only saying it was an accident and not intentional.

That kinda makes him not being the driver hard to explain.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

However, again, it is hard to know what someone is thinking in the moment. People don't always act rationally.

Nope, especially since they use a car to plow through a crowd of innocent people.

That's not rational, no matter how it's spun.

As someone else mentioned, if he was really trying to run people over, why just keep straight? mean he could have gone all up on the side walk running up a GTA high score

Because the crowd of people was directly in front of him. And this is not a video game.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
either that or they caught up with him quickly and followed him till he had to stop because his car fell apart, so they know..

heck, maybe the guy had forget his meds at home and completely lost it...
or maybe he thought he'd be able to just plow through that crowd and drive off with a car that appeared normal enough not to be notice and didn't consider the fact that there might be a car or two hiding in the crowd...
but this has to be one of the stupidest stunts I've seen a person pull...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
That people on this site are actually trying to rationale a guy plowing through a crowd of people at a protest is disgusting, but not surprising.

It is an incident like this where most everyone should come together and say, "This is Wrong. We will not stand for this type of behavior," but unfortunately our resident crews always have to take their appropriate "side."

If this were anyone on the left, or of the Muslim faith, there would be calls for heads. But it's not, so it has to be rationalized and spun to adhere to one's flavor of group think.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Earlier today, I was on the fence about whether Fields intentionally did this or got spooked by the guy that hit his car and punched the gas. I'm still a little bit skeptical but I have shifted a little more to the on purpose side.

I did some more research about how fast he was going. Using the behind view, I was able to find some landmarks to use to find on google maps and use the gps coordinates to figure out distance and then timed it to figure out feet per second. The camera man is standing right at the black parking pillar and the guy that hits the car is right at the edge of that white building if you are looking at goolge maps. When the video starts, the car is about half a car length past that black pillar. I found the coordinates of the black pillar and the edge of the building and converted it to feet using this website boulter.com... The gps coordinates are 38.029969, -78.479298 and 38.029717, -78.479413 which comes out to 97 feet.

I timed how long it took to travel this and it's 3.5 seconds which means the car traveled an average of 27.71 fps or 18.89 mph. This is just an average. It looked like he was going fast then slowed down a little bit before he was hit and then accelerated right after. Still, avg 18.9 mph moving towards a large crowd is reckless. I'd say he was going 10-15 when he got hit and then he punched the gas and probably made it up to about 25-30 before smashing into the crowd and car in front of him. Challengers have black boxes though, so the exact speeds will be easy to figure out.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xenon129
but, look at the back end of the car he hit, and his front end as he drove away...
wouldn't have had to be going faster than that to cause that kind of damage??

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The anti-white-male protesters should know better than to play in the street.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

This is all before the final acceleration towards the crowd. He traveled an avg of 18.9 before the guy hit the back of his car with something. There was still 40-50 feet of acceleration right after his car was struck by the protester.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Don't have time to make a thread just came across this. Was this whole Unite the Right event a huge setup? Not the car crash specifically, but the gathering.

White supremacist and ‘Unite the Right’ leader, Jason Kessler, was once reportedly a supporter a former President Obama and the Occupy movement.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center (an organization that is certainly no friend to Conservatives), Kessler revealed his political transformation around November 2016, the same month then candidate Donald Trump won the presidential election.  

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Yup. The setup was to ensure maximum violence.

I actually think they were disappointed in how little real violence there was. I think they believed there would be mass deaths. There's a reason they keep including the two police, who died in an unrelated helicopter crash, in the list of casualties from the weekend.
edit on 15-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: xenon129
Which video where you analyzing?

Are you using the one that shows the entire run, or the one that is making the rounds that was manipulated?

I don't think 18.9 miles an hour would count for two other vehicles to continue to be pushed forward at the speed and distance that they did. I don't think there are enough known variables to go on.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Thank you for identifying yourself to everyone here as a Nazi sympathizer. Hopefully the people that starred your post have the guts to out themselves as well. I figure it's important to for everyone on this site to know whose opinion is no longer valid.
edit on 8/15/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

So what? Even if Kessler was some kind of deep agent of the Left (which is completely ridiculous) that doesn't change the fact that the protest he organized was attended by scores of actual Nazis. That doesn't change the fact that one of those pieces of s*** committed an act of terrorism, killing an American citizen.

Guess what? Trump was a Democrat fairly recently as well. Does that mean he's also a super secret agent of the Democrats?

I find it absolutely appalling that people on the Right can't just come out and denounce these Nazis. Instead they try to shift the blame to the Left. They would rather side with actual Nazis than agree with the Left on anything. That's the world we're living in

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I find it absolutely appalling that people on the Right can't just come out and denounce these Nazis. Instead they try to shift the blame to the Left.

Because they agree with the actions. Their hearts are much closer to the first then the left. Even the president had difficulty saying there is a problem with the group.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
We won't know until we talk to the other two car owners, who left their cars in the street. We have their plates. Mr. Ford may be a key eyewitness needed to convict those rioters. From the hospital to the jailhouse???
a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

www.youtube.com... This one. The 18.9 is an average speed from the little black parking post, which is where the cameraman was standing, to when his car got struck by a protester causing a loud thud. This is from 13-16.5 in the video. After the thud he accelerates toward the crowd. He hit the crowd going faster than 18.9 because he accelerated at the end. He slowed and then speed up for sure which doesn't really make sense if you are were going to do it on purpose. The speeding up right after the loud thud from the back of his car being hit by the protester makes me think he got scared and panicked.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

they didn't "leave their cars", they were sitting in them, I think some in the cars might have been hurt also, at least people were gather around trying to help the ones in the cars in some of the videos..
what rioters???

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join