It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump officially denounces KKK, Neo-Nazis, racism, etc

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler
only took over 24 hours and global condemnation for him to change his tune.

no doubt this will be viewed as a win by his supporters and a sign he is learning on the job.

The facts of the case are not apparent. And the fact that you would grab your pitchforks before Donald Trump says quite a lot.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler
only took over 24 hours and global condemnation for him to change his tune.

no doubt this will be viewed as a win by his supporters and a sign he is learning on the job.

Yep, that happens when you're on vacation and golfing. You can be caught off guard.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
He needed to. Wonder why it took him so long to do it?

He calls out radical islamic terrorism all the time all most as soon as islamic terrorists commit their crimes, but why does he wait for a couple of days if it's a white American?

Just makes you wonder. Maybe because he's catering to Bannon?

This is my take. It's taken the president so long because once he calls out one side he's going to have to call out black on white crime. And you don't have to guess who perpetrates hate crimes the most.

We all saw the "knock out game" and the president at the time never called it for what it really was.

Now that the president has called out white Americans, Black Americans and all others are on the exact same playing field.

It's a pretty touchy thing to outright call an American group a "terrorist organization".

Especially a white one.

If the president calls the KKK a terrorist organization. He's going to have to do the same with black and brown American gang members. They terrorize even more. And there are more of them. Let's lock them all up right? They're all terrorists to me.

You want equal, you got it now.
edit on 14-8-2017 by galaga because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2017 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Now that the president has called out white Americans, Black and all others are open season.

What? Open season on Blacks?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Now that the president has called out white Americans, Black and all others are open season.

They are going to be handled the same way. As terrorists hate groups. I edited my post.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

They are going to be handled the same way. As terrorists hate groups. I edited my post.

That was still an odd phrase to use. Care to explain?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

He did though, right? I mean, just because Obama refused to acknowledge the existence of radical Muslims didn't mean he was a terrorist.... right?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

So, he said exactly the same thing... except he mention the KKK specifically, and suddenly it has an entirely different meaning. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a Simpson's episode

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The more I think about this the more I realize how sad a state we are in in 2017. People on the Left are giving Trump credit for essentially coming out and saying, "Nazis are bad," while people on the Right are saying, "There! Are you happy now?" It's 2017 for f***'s sake! The President shouldn't have to give a speech saying Nazis are bad.

And yet his actions really did make it necessary that he call out Nazis for being bad. But then he couldn't even do it himself. He's a President that goes off script in pretty much every speech. But when it comes to saying Nazis are bad he pretty much repeats verbatim the statement that went out yesterday.

At this point I expect the reaction from the Trump sycophants. The fact that people on the Left are giving Trump a gold star over this is disconcerting though. He literally said something (Nazis=bad) that at least every middle schooler knows. And he needed help to express that sentiment.

Okay. He called out the KKK and neo-Nazis by name as being bad. Everyone already knew that. Why does he continue to skirt the actual events of Charlottesville? Why does he continue to avoid the fact that a domestic terror attack (per his own DOJ) took place when he has been so vocal about his opposition to terrorism in the past?

Trump did nothing special here. He pretty much completed the bare minimum required to be a human in 2017. Is that really the standard we're going to hold this President to?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
The more I think about this the more I realize how sad a state we are in in 2017. People on the Left are giving Trump credit for essentially coming out and saying, "Nazis are bad," while people on the Right are saying, "There! Are you happy now?" It's 2017 for f***'s sake! The President shouldn't have to give a speech saying Nazis are bad.

And yet his actions really did make it necessary that he call out Nazis for being bad. But then he couldn't even do it himself. He's a President that goes off script in pretty much every speech. But when it comes to saying Nazis are bad he pretty much repeats verbatim the statement that went out yesterday.

At this point I expect the reaction from the Trump sycophants. The fact that people on the Left are giving Trump a gold star over this is disconcerting though. He literally said something (Nazis=bad) that at least every middle schooler knows. And he needed help to express that sentiment.

Okay. He called out the KKK and neo-Nazis by name as being bad. Everyone already knew that. Why does he continue to skirt the actual events of Charlottesville? Why does he continue to avoid the fact that a domestic terror attack (per his own DOJ) took place when he has been so vocal about his opposition to terrorism in the past?

Trump did nothing special here. He pretty much completed the bare minimum required to be a human in 2017. Is that really the standard we're going to hold this President to?

No, the standard you and other anti trump people will hold him to is very different than you held the past president to.

When Trump condemned all violence from all sides, that was somehow code to you that he supported white nationalists.

But you are right; that is sad.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Same people complaining he took too long to make a statement are the same ones who blame him for jumping to conclusions in other attacks and not waiting for the facts.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No, the standard you and other anti trump people will hold him to is very different than you held the past president to.

But Obama didn't have his followers giving the Nazi salute and saying "Heil Trump"... yeah, this disturbs me to have Trump supporters mimicking Nazis on the streets of America.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

But Obama didn't have his followers giving the Nazi salute and saying "Heil Trump"... yeah, this disturbs me to have Trump supporters mimicking Nazis on the streets of America.

Yes those people are disgusting.

But Obama supporters were doing some pretty bad things to.

And lets not forget, when a man shot 5 cops at a BLM rally, Obama took that opportunity to praise the peaceful BLM protestors.

Trump didn't even come close to that, he just said he condemned all of the violence, and that has caused people to be furious at Trump.

Again, a double standard.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Obamas gone and this constant comparison is just Right wing masturbation. btw...Hillary lost.

It's time for Trump and his supporters to take personal responsibility for their racism. Watch more videos and listen to the Trump styled neo nazis calling people on the street..."Nig***s" and "Nigg++ lovers" ....what matters is that they think Trump supports them. I think he does.

He doesn't have a great record of telling the truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Obamas gone and this constant comparison is just Right wing masturbation. btw...Hillary lost.

It's time for Trump and his supporters to take personal responsibility for their racism. Watch more videos and listen to the Trump styled neo nazis calling people on the street..."Nig***s" and "Nigg++ lovers" ....what matters is that they think Trump supports them. I think he does.

Right, we get your point; because some Trump supporters are racist, Trump must be.

But anti white racist that liked Obama, they didn't represent him.

You are a joke.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Huh? Hes the leader of the country. Thats kinda the point. This was an act of terrorism at a free speech rally. Its EXACTLY the type of situation he needs to comment on.

What was the terrorist act? The protesters? The anti-protesters? The pissed off guy in the car? As I posted before there was 23 people shot in Chicago alone over the same weekend too from people pissed off most likely too. How many times a day should the president go to the podium to denounce all these events?

You all know it took Obama 4 days to say something about the much worst San Bernardino Terrorist attack that was planned....

edit on 14-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: bknapple32

Huh? Hes the leader of the country. Thats kinda the point. This was an act of terrorism at a free speech rally. Its EXACTLY the type of situation he needs to comment on.

You all know it took Obama 4 days to say something about the much worst San Bernardino Terrorist attack that was planned....

...and he never mentioned radical islam as the issue. In fact, he tried to push gun control.
edit on 14/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Trump officially denounces KKK, Neo-Nazis, racism, etc

It's what he meant in his first speech but I guess it had to be spelled out for the slow left.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No, it is comparison and why Trump is a better leader. It is pure deflection because in almost all cases it can be shown that in the last 6 months we have had a leader who is actually fair.

Time for trump supporters to take responsibility for racism? A couple hundred people shout White Power and since I voted for Trump I'm racist?

Your HuffPo talking points are really old and lame...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Wait - you want 60+ million people to take responsibility for a few Neo-Nazi groups that were part of the protest against the removal of General Lee's statue?

Do you even realise how insane that sounds???

Take a good look in the mirror, because it is thinking like yours that actually drives division.

edit on 14/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join