It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters we don't Think you're Racist....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't think most Trump supporters are racists but he sure does appeal to and attract a lot of racist hateful people.

Trump isn't stupid, he knows exactly the demographic he appeals to and plays perfectly into their agendas of hate.

Why do you think he hired Bannon as an adviser?
edit on 14-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

A couple of points.

One, I imagine you do not speak for all leftists. As anyone here is not the voice of any other group.

Two, it is not giving sympathy nor is it giving support to protect the free speech rights of everyone. Yet there are quite a few that would encourage the assembly of the thought police and are against the free expression of speech by extremist hate-groups.

Driving a car into a group of people isn't an expression of free speech.

Who said it was????

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

So you assume Trump is so stupid he doesn’t see that he is, was, and will continue to encourage the racists and bigots?

You give him an excuse about he doesn’t see the consequences of NOT strongly condemning them.

As of now there’s no other way to interpret this but that Trump is a vile racist

That's what's in his heart

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Makes sense. I agree. If you throw a rock at a cop or anyone really... you're being violent and should be arrested. Every single time. I dont get to throw a rock at the cop who pulled me over for going 80 in a 65, do I

link   

Agreed.

link   
a reply to: olaru12

I don't think most Trump supporters are racists but he sure does appeal to and attract a lot of racist supporters.

I would agree with that however I would caution it by saying that just because of that it would be unwise to label anyone who supports Trump as being racist.

I think a racist is going to be a racist regardless of who is sitting in the White House.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: Wardaddy454

I endorse as well as defend Trump from time to time. I'm still a racist I guess.

You know I always think that if you are truly racist then you should own it.

You should just come out with it because its only then that your views can be fully discussed and debated.

I guess you chose to take that out of context?

I didn't take anything out of context I quoted you directly and in full.

No you didn't, you quoted one line. To what end, I have no idea.

I can only assume you've gone off on a tangent instead of responding to my full post.

Dude you literally wrote one line unless you also wanted me to quote you saying "ohh well".

I don't see what your problem is.

All I was saying was that if (didn't say you did) hold racist views you should own them and discuss them openly.

What? I wrote more than one line. It shows my full post on the first page, but I suppose ATS could be messing up.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: DBCowboy

So to further... what do we do when one hate group meets another???? Do we need modified protesting rules to keep the groups apart? Im spitballin here

I would have allowed them both to protest, but separately.

With the cops doing nothing and allowing both groups to clash, it was inviting trouble.

That and I would have arrested anyone who was violent.

Period.

Protest is protest. But it does not include (nor should it be protected) acts of violence.

That's outrageous. How would we get weeks of news coverage and divide the public further?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
op, ats'ers love them some persecution. it's their go to... don't take it away.

I've never once seen someone here call another a racist. what I see a LOT are folks on the right crying that everyone calls them racist. it's weird.

ATS for the most part isn't the internet and other forms of social media. I'm telling you very honestly, it does happen and it's not very pretty. This sort of discussion on Facebook would have already descended into the chaos you saw in VA This weekend. I'm not crying about it, I have my big boy pants on. But you seemingly denying it occurs, is troublesome to me and a symptom of what I described.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

So you assume Trump is so stupid he doesn’t see that he is, was, and will continue to encourage the racists and bigots?

You give him an excuse about he doesn’t see the consequences of NOT strongly condemning them.

As of now there’s no other way to interpret this but that Trump is a vile racist

That's what's in his heart

Take a little look through my recent post history.

I am not one for making excuses for Trump.

I have even posted that I think Trump holds racist views

However I do not believe he sought out to boost white supremacist groups, if nothing else it would be politically scandalous for him to do so. I guess it would be fair to say he could be take a harder line on those groups but I don't really know what he could really do other than a few harsh words.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Just making things clear. I'm tired of reading apologies for what the nazis did on Saturday like the left is equally culpable for inciting them to drive a car into the crowd.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

More people are killed in two weekends in Chicago than Right Wing attacks since 2001. Wanna talk about which is more of an issue?

Those statistics also try to say 5 have been killed in far left attacks since 2001. Sorry, that was filled up on sad day in Dallas last year when a BLM supporter killed police in cold blood.

We can discuss how they are classified but in the end there is no right or left there is really only hate. I do not want either group in my city.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Just making things clear. I'm tired of reading apologies for what the nazis did on Saturday like the left is equally culpable for inciting them to drive a car into the crowd.

Well on that we can agree.

like I said the OP I am a bit fed up of the right pretending to be the victims when the real victims are the family of that poor girl who was murdered in what really could be called a right wing terrorist attack.

Lets face it if this guy was a Muslim it would have been called a terrorist attack.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The police believe he was trying to flee after Antifa started hitting his car.

*shrug*

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

*shrug*

Says who?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

*shrug*

Proof?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: luthier

More people are killed in two weekends in Chicago than Right Wing attacks since 2001. Wanna talk about which is more of an issue?

Those statistics also try to say 5 have been killed in far left attacks since 2001. Sorry, that was filled up on sad day in Dallas last year when a BLM supporter killed police in cold blood.

We can discuss how they are classified but in the end there is no right or left there is really only hate. I do not want either group in my city.

Gang violence is an entirely different issue than planned attacks on civilians. Generally gangs go after each other.

My point was stop blaming and start teaching to stop dividing. We all all have to be concerned with the direction of the country and learn to compromise so we can all have a decent place to live.

I am sick of swinging from extremes. As soon as the new administration comes in they erase the last....why because they are never making bills for the majority.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Who were they going to vote for? Clinton, Johnson? I think it's a fair assumption that most white supremacists are not going to vote Democrat and would lean Republican if push came to shove. What's your solution, deny them the right to vote? Maybe the Republican candidate can just subtract their vote? They are still a small group that makes the news, inflating their standing. Hell I never knew of all the Spencer's and groups like him. Democrats seem to know more about them then me. I don't give them the time of day to be honest.

link   

I agree. I don't believe that ALL of Trump's supporters are racists. There are a small minority of them that have seized upon Trumps stance and piggy-backed on his train.

And not all those that do not support Trump are "anti-facists" or "militant leftists."

Most of the US is safely in the middle of the two extremes; agreeing with some of the Republican policies and some of the Democratic policies.

link   

Well, just to be clear on this, Steve Bannon is in the White house, his obsessions are dangerous when he has the President's ear, especially if he thinks Trump is a bit of a dick. Bannon's obsessions, and others in that cabinet, I would guess are miles away from what the majority of Trump supporters see what they think Trump is about.

I think people should really investigate Bannon's 'vision' and question his objectives, none of which are good, and have the elements of self fulfilment, in the say way as Hitler saw his destiny in mumbo jumbo. Hitler was a warning for those of us who came after...now is the time to have eyes open wide.
edit on 14-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join