It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters we don't Think you're Racist....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
a reply to: DBCowboy

I must say after having time to think and reflect. I did change my mind on this a bit... We do need to defend the rights of every group to speak. Hate groups included. For the sake of the 1st amendment. So I was wrong on my point to silence Nazi's voice as enemy combatants... But I guess the grey area for me is, what happens when you know its a guise for something else, and something violent?

Violence is illegal.

Arrest the bastards.

Free expression of ideas, even ugly, unpopular ideas, should never be illegal.

If we start going down that road, then we've just invited the thought police.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Good thing you represent all anti-Trump people.

I was beginning to worry a little.

link   

yep, been noticing if for a long time here. I see it on other forums, too.. bunch of pusses.

link   
I was under the impression that being a straight white male made me a racist, sexist, privileged maniac xenophobic nazi.
Oh and something to do with not having a made up gender, but phrased in a derogatory way.

honestly I don't even know what I am anymore, you people are all nuts.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

A couple of points.

One, I imagine you do not speak for all leftists. As anyone here is not the voice of any other group.

Two, it is not giving sympathy nor is it giving support to protect the free speech rights of everyone. Yet there are quite a few that would encourage the assembly of the thought police and are against the free expression of speech by extremist hate-groups.

Driving a car into a group of people isn't an expression of free speech.

link   
a reply to: lordcomac

awww, poor baby.

edit on 14-8-2017 by knoxie because: nvm

link   

So to further... what do we do when one hate group meets another???? Do we need modified protesting rules to keep the groups apart? Im spitballin here

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Man, you were doing good till...

Stop trying to pretend you are the victims , you're not, Heather Heyer and her family are the victims.

A rationale person should know who the victim is. I don't feel like a victim but I am prejudged because I am male and white. Just like the young black kid with pants to his ankles and gold teeth is prejudged as a thug or gang member. It all starts at home and with the mass consumption of media (and I do not mean CNN) that is pushed.

Good thread though...

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Oh no! You've triggered the Trumplikins! Debate and disagreement are great and very American. White supremacy and the like however has no place in our country! They should be charged as terrorists! If they didn't exist throughout modern America we wouldn't have the need for BLM, Black Panthers, etc. We must rid our nation of these cancerous Ku Klux Klowns once and for all. Maybe then we can truly begin to heal!

See. I think that is part of what the OP is going for here. Trumplikins. No need for that. I'm not triggered. Only triggering i do is at the range.

After the obligatory name calling you Then you go on to justify the violence that is occurring against the very Trump supporters the OP is discussing by saying if there was no KKK there would be no NBPP or BLM or AntiFa or all of the other splinter groups. Those groups are not the opposite of the KKK. They are in fact much the same.

I want you to name the last time a large group of men in white robes burned cop cars, pulled people out of cars and beat them, lit businesses on fire and open attacked the police. Find me some video if you can.

There is no place for any of it. None. We need to remove ALL of it and personally it should be done by force but it is kind of hard when mayors tell their cops to stand down.

This is a really good point.

I think the problem is identity politics.

Black, white, gay, strait, man, woman, something in-between or whatever it should not matter.

None of these groups should exist, it should not be "Black lives matter" it should be "lives matter", white supremacy in the modern world should just not exist. What happened earlier this week was a result of white supremacy groups, it shocking that this crap is still going on.

None of these types of groups should exist really regardless of who is in power.

Racism belongs in the history books of America, not on the streets in 2017.

link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: pavil

So when people on the internet, who know literally nothing about me, accuse me of being a racist and even a Nazi, it's my imagination?

I saved screen shots of the behavior. To deny that many on the left are willing to call anyone who doesn't agree with them such things, Is to deny reality. Even a friend of my wife for 20 years pulled the same accusations and she KNOWS my wife is not a white supremacist. It's insane that some on the left just go full idiot with their accusations.

Btw, this isn't an isolated incident and it one of the numerous reasons Trump won. You get tired really quick of being called every evil name in the book.

I get called a left tard and shut up leftist for supporting gay rights or the white supremacists are scumbags.

Even after saying I support their right to speak. It goes both ways.

Eta in fact you yourself started calling me a leftist or Democrat because we have different immigration views. Even though mine is nothing like either of those groups.

Yes I did call you those. Is Leftist or Democrat the equivalent of calling someone a Nazi or racist or the dozens of other things I've been called? Not by you, just to be clear. I didn't know leftist and Democrat had such nefarious connotations. Sorry for slurring you. My apologies. Your stance on immigration was almost identical to the Democrats, hence my use of that term. And even after that, we have kept our discussions useful and civil.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: Wardaddy454

I endorse as well as defend Trump from time to time. I'm still a racist I guess.

You know I always think that if you are truly racist then you should own it.

You should just come out with it because its only then that your views can be fully discussed and debated.

I guess you chose to take that out of context?

I didn't take anything out of context I quoted you directly and in full.

No you didn't, you quoted one line. To what end, I have no idea.

I can only assume you've gone off on a tangent instead of responding to my full post.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

A couple of points.

One, I imagine you do not speak for all leftists. As anyone here is not the voice of any other group.

Two, it is not giving sympathy nor is it giving support to protect the free speech rights of everyone. Yet there are quite a few that would encourage the assembly of the thought police and are against the free expression of speech by extremist hate-groups.

When did I say it was?

Point it out.

Now.

Do it.

link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15

Oh no! You've triggered the Trumplikins! Debate and disagreement are great and very American. White supremacy and the like however has no place in our country! They should be charged as terrorists! If they didn't exist throughout modern America we wouldn't have the need for BLM, Black Panthers, etc. We must rid our nation of these cancerous Ku Klux Klowns once and for all. Maybe then we can truly begin to heal!

See. I think that is part of what the OP is going for here. Trumplikins. No need for that. I'm not triggered. Only triggering i do is at the range.

After the obligatory name calling you Then you go on to justify the violence that is occurring against the very Trump supporters the OP is discussing by saying if there was no KKK there would be no NBPP or BLM or AntiFa or all of the other splinter groups. Those groups are not the opposite of the KKK. They are in fact much the same.

I want you to name the last time a large group of men in white robes burned cop cars, pulled people out of cars and beat them, lit businesses on fire and open attacked the police. Find me some video if you can.

There is no place for any of it. None. We need to remove ALL of it and personally it should be done by force but it is kind of hard when mayors tell their cops to stand down.

It's not really that simple. If you look at the stats there are almost as many far right killings as foreign terrorist attacks. Now how they classify things could be debatable but the motive and examples are there at least to show it does happen.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

It's plenty a bipartisan problem.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

edit on 14-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I am not going to derail the thread but my view is nothing like the left. It's actually a mix of the two.

Perhaps look at the libertarian position.

But yes we have.

And yes when I hear leftist I think the guy with the Che shirt who want 25 an hour to do a no skill job so he burns a flag and throes a brick threw someone window.
edit on 14-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

Stop trying to pretend you are the victims , you're not, Heather Heyer and her family are the victims.

A rationale person should know who the victim is. I don't feel like a victim but I am prejudged because I am male and white. Just like the young black kid with pants to his ankles and gold teeth is prejudged as a thug or gang member. It all starts at home and with the mass consumption of media (and I do not mean CNN) that is pushed.

Good thread though...

Gotta agree completely. While I personally dont think we are pre judged for being white and male, that doesnt make me right. And I think we need to all take a breath and realize we may be more divided ( and yet together) than any of us realize.

link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

I endorse as well as defend Trump from time to time. I'm still a racist I guess.

You know I always think that if you are truly racist then you should own it.

You should just come out with it because its only then that your views can be fully discussed and debated.

I guess you chose to take that out of context?

I didn't take anything out of context I quoted you directly and in full.

No you didn't, you quoted one line. To what end, I have no idea.

I can only assume you've gone off on a tangent instead of responding to my full post.

Dude you literally wrote one line unless you also wanted me to quote you saying "ohh well".

I don't see what your problem is.

All I was saying was that if (didn't say you did) hold racist views you should own them and discuss them openly.

link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

So to further... what do we do when one hate group meets another???? Do we need modified protesting rules to keep the groups apart? Im spitballin here

I would have allowed them both to protest, but separately.

With the cops doing nothing and allowing both groups to clash, it was inviting trouble.

That and I would have arrested anyone who was violent.

Period.

Protest is protest. But it does not include (nor should it be protected) acts of violence.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

A couple of points.

When did I say it was?

Point it out.

Now.

Do it.

I gotta say. I usually disagree with DB for years now... But he has NEVER ONCE even hinted at something like that

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Good thread though...

I suppose I can see your point, but I would say thats perhaps more of how you interpret how you are viewed by others.

Its a interesting point that I cannot really agree with you n or disagree with you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join