It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Supporters we don't Think you're Racist....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have seen a couple of threads over the past few days in the wake of the events in Charlottesville that essentially come down to Trump supporters making some rather absurd assumptions about how the other side think of them. There seem to be quite a lot of claims that "The Left think we are all racist white supremacists".

I just want to clear this up, its not true, and I am sure that a lot of other people on the left (or anyone anti-trump) would agree with me.

Now yes there is a growing far right movement, driven by the alt-right who harbour what could only be called racist or otherwise bigoted views. The white supremacists seem to have newfound popularity and they are one the rise.

In my view far right groups have been encouraged by the election of Trump, he has made their views not only politically topical but almost acceptable. Now I do not believe that Trump has sought out encourage far right groups rather I think its been a unintended consequence of his rhetoric and rise to power. A large base of his support comes from the far right.

However the point I want to make in this thread is that just because you are a Trump Supporter does not mean that those of us on the the other side think you must automatically be a racist white supremacist. Now yes if you make racist or bigoted statements or support clearly racist or bigoted views typically associated with the racist white supremacist then yes you might find yourself labelled as a "racist white supremacist" but not because you are a Trump supporter but because you support or excuse the actions of the far right.

I think there has been this mantra that has grown where by the alt-right are trying to portray themselves as victimisation of the evil "Ctrl-Left" who want to dismiss them all as racists. That quite simply is not true, its just a rather pathetic attempt in my view for the right to try to claim the moral high ground over the left. This is going on quite a lot, its getting a bit silly where the right, mostly Trump supporters, try to claim to be the victims taking the moral high ground by claiming that those who disagree with them ideologically just think of them all as a bunch of racist, stupid, deplorables.

Now what happened in Charlottesville was the result of the racist far right, Heather Heyer died and 19 other people were injured because James Alex Fields attended a "unite right" rally and because of his extreme political views he drove a car into a crowd of people. If you are one of those people making excuses for this or claiming that it was the result of the extreme left or any of that kind of rubbish then yes, you are deserving of the racist white supremacist label in my opinion. Not because you also happen to be a Trump supporter but because you are a supporter of the racist far right.

So let me make that very clear.

Trump supporters, we do not think you are racist because you support Trump, we only think you are racist if you are actually a racist, we only think you are a white supremacist if you actually sympathise with the white supremacists or belong to a white supremacist group.

Stop trying to pretend you are the victims , you're not, Heather Heyer and her family are the victims.

edit on 14-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

K. Thanks for clearing that up. I feel so much better and more safe for you having said that and giving the all clear. Phew!

+53 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Hey I'll let you in on a secret nobody gives a # what you think.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Ok.

Well you cared enough to comment and I am sure you would have cared more if I had wrote something that sounds good in your echo chamber.

I think next time it would be nice if you could reply with a little civility, I have not said anything to you to deserve such a hateful response.

If you could stay on topic and attack the ball and not they player I would accept it.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Couldnt agree more. You're a racist if you carry a nazi flag, sympathize with nazis or white supremacists...

You are NOT racist because ya voted for Trump. Ive read a few threads where folks are like " Whelp, I must be racist, cause Im white and voted for trump"

No. You arent. You're racist if you endorse , defend, or sympathize with racists

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Now yes there is a growing far right movement, driven by the alt-right who harbour what could only be called racist or otherwise bigoted views.

Like the Main Stream Media, mouthpiece for the oligarchy? Those driven individuals that divide us against each other to rule everyone from on high?

Do carry on labeling people and promoting that agenda.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

A couple of points.

One, I imagine you do not speak for all leftists. As anyone here is not the voice of any other group.

Two, it is not giving sympathy nor is it giving support to protect the free speech rights of everyone. Yet there are quite a few that would encourage the assembly of the thought police and are against the free expression of speech by extremist hate-groups.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So when people on the internet, who know literally nothing about me, accuse me of being a racist and even a Nazi, it's my imagination?

I saved screen shots of the behavior. To deny that many on the left are willing to call anyone who doesn't agree with them such things, Is to deny reality. Even a friend of my wife for 20 years pulled the same accusations and she KNOWS my wife is not a white supremacist. It's insane that some on the left just go full idiot with their accusations.

Btw, this isn't an isolated incident and it one of the numerous reasons Trump won. You get tired really quick of being called every evil name in the book.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

However I think next time it would be nice if you could reply with a little civility, I have not said anything to you to deserve such a hateful response.

If you could stay on topic and attack the ball and not they player I would accept it.

Probably shouldn't have put this one in the mudpit. It was worthy of a nice discussion but most likely will degenerate into a # show.

Also you are ignoring the long history of the left calling people on the right racist ALL of the time. Remember Biden? "They want to put yall back in chains" speaking to a room full of black people.

edit on 14-8-2017 by FauxMulder because: Coveffe

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

So when people on the internet, who know literally nothing about me, accuse me of being a racist and even a Nazi, it's my imagination?

I saved screen shots of the behavior. To deny that many on the left are willing to call anyone who doesn't agree with them such things, Is to deny reality. Even a friend of my wife for 20 years pulled the same accusations and she KNOWS my wife is not a white supremacist. It's insane that some on the left just go full idiot with their accusations.

Btw, this isn't an isolated incident and it one of the numerous reasons Trump won. You get tired really quick of being called every evil name in the book.

I think youre right.. In heated moments, the chant " Youre a racist!" Gets thrown around pretty cavalierly, I probably am guilty of that once or twice in my days in moments of heated expression.

Trying times for all involved

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Hey you can take it however you want like I said I don't give a # about your inner thoughts...

I mean you're just not that important or influential to have any real impact.

But please rant on.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thanks for the response.

One, I imagine you do not speak for all leftists. As anyone here is not the voice of any other group.

True, I cannot pretend to talk for all of the left or all of those who oppose Trump. I am sure that there are a few on the left who equate pro-Trump with racist white supremacist but on the whole I do not think this is true.

Two, it is not giving sympathy nor is it giving support to protect the free speech rights of everyone. Yet there are quite a few that would encourage the assembly of the thought police and are against the free expression of speech by extremist hate-groups.

To be fair nothing I was talking about was about suppressing free speech.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I get called a left tard and shut up leftist for supporting gay rights or the white supremacists are scumbags.

Even after saying I support their right to speak. It goes both ways.

Eta in fact you yourself started calling me a leftist or Democrat because we have different immigration views. Even though mine is nothing like either of those groups.
edit on 14-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Hey you can take it however you want like I said I don't give a # about your inner thoughts...

I mean you're just not that important or influential to have any real impact.

But please rant on.

Then I dont get why youre participating? its a forum post on ATS in the mud pit. Kinda the point of the site , is it not?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Again some good points.

I would say that in the heat of debate I do something think that both sides say things that they do not mean.

Also at times it might be a harsh truth that a view you have expressed is considered by another to be racist.

And its very important to remember that the right give as good as they take form the left during these heated debates. I would point out the above posts as a example of this look at "Lysergic's" responses to me in this thread. I have not done or said anything to that member in this thread so far to warrant such responses.

link   
I don't really care who thinks I'm racist.
I know the truth.

link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Well darn I guess you'll be left wondering all day now won't you.

link   
a reply to: Lysergic

nope. not at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22555656]OtherSideOfTheCoin[/po

who is this 'we' you are talking about?
edit on 14-8-2017 by TheForced because: ???

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I appreciate the sentiment.

However, many believe Trump to be those things.

You're racist if you endorse , defend, or sympathize with racists

I endorse as well as defend Trump from time to time. I'm still a racist I guess.

Oh well.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join