It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Death is back - bubonic plague returns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

They have always had it along with other forgotten plagues in laboratories all over America. They even came out and said it a few years ago how they had it. How do you think it ended up in Arizona? Next will be another carrier, Mosquitos.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Yersinia Pestis is a regular occurence with a handfull of cases each year and easilly treatable with a variey of anti-biotics and a standard np95 mask.

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: NerdGoddess

I think I read a story about this once every so often, always seems to be the damn fleas or stray cats, and out west.

-Alee

It would be both. My parents live out in the countryside, and there are stray cats living around us. They really do pick up every tick and flea that's out there. Even by just sitting down on the grass, they are distributing fleas, which then get into our clothing. And as the fleas and ticks are blocksuckers, they carry all sorts of viruses and bacteria.

British people gained immunity from the Black Death through the CCR5-Δ32 mutation

www.nature.com...

Cheers for the link, was unaware - I was under the impression marmosets were one of the biggest hosts/infection vectors - but that's a vague memory of a book I haven't read for 16 years so probably wrong.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

A Streptomycin IV will take care of plague.
It is no longer a death sentance.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Cases pop up once in a while, I remember hearing about one in Southern California. Somebody got bit by a wild animal. Theres antibiotic cures for many plagues, including Bubonic plague.

The thing about plagues is they have this repository out there somewhere, like natures check and balance against too much population growth.

Theres a cholera plague in Yemen right now.

Cholera in Yemen is intentional genocide (brought about by aggressive warfare). People should worry more about the plague of war that ushers in these other plagues and diseases.

Four horsemen of the apocalypse...

War, famine, disease, death.

Your post immediately made me think of this 3 minute vid.

edit on 17-8-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I'm gunna chime in and tell people to pickup the book '' the great mortality '' and have a read

loved it... scary as crap

and to think, for a while the solution in Europe to the black death was to march Jews into fires or seal them in barrels and throw them into the river

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I'm gunna chime in and tell people to pickup the book '' the great mortality '' and have a read

loved it... scary as crap

and to think, for a while the solution in Europe to the black death was to march Jews into fires or seal them in barrels and throw them into the river

The member intrptr posted about this guy and his book "collapse" damn I should have paid attention to this guy before having children. It is pretty damning stuff, I will drop this ted talk with him if you are interested.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
My wife has genetics that protect her from the black death but I do not. Strange how that is. Her ancesters were taking care of people in England back hundreds of years ago in Cornwell during a plague supposedly, they did not get sick from it. Her genetics shows natural immunity to the black death and a few other diseases like that.

I have natural genetic protection from many types of microbes but not those. My big problem is my immune system is strong and I have had relatives with autoimmune problems because of that. But no plague protection. I'll try to stay away from the Southwest.

She has the CCR5-delta32 gene.
It also means that she is immune to HIV.
About 10% of Europeans are immune.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

It has just occurred to me ( yes I'm slow) that the black death is a racist piece of #.

We should get together and protest this clearly racist plague.

#whitedeathrules.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

there is an argument the black death was ebola.
rats were dying which they wouldn't from the bubonic plague.
were never gonna really know but i found it interesting.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler

there is an argument the black death was ebola.
rats were dying which they wouldn't from the bubonic plague.
were never gonna really know but i found it interesting.

We will never know in fact, our history has been so butchered anyone that claims they know what happened is either a liar or an idiot.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The Black Plague was a 'picnic' compared to the numbers of Influenza deaths after WWI. Or the total numbers that died in WWII. WWII killed about 58 million.

(Influenza outbreak after WWI) infected 500 million people around the world, including remote Pacific islands and the Arctic, and resulted in the deaths of 50 to 100 million (three to five percent of the world's population), making it one of the deadliest natural disasters in human history

Influenza deaths post WWI

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

His book Collapse opened my eyes, too.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

originally posted by: rickymouse
My wife has genetics that protect her from the black death but I do not. Strange how that is. Her ancesters were taking care of people in England back hundreds of years ago in Cornwell during a plague supposedly, they did not get sick from it. Her genetics shows natural immunity to the black death and a few other diseases like that.

I have natural genetic protection from many types of microbes but not those. My big problem is my immune system is strong and I have had relatives with autoimmune problems because of that. But no plague protection. I'll try to stay away from the Southwest.

She has the CCR5-delta32 gene.
It also means that she is immune to HIV.
About 10% of Europeans are immune.

Yeah, I remember something about the HIV immunity with her too. I don't have protection for that though.

I usually do not see things like the CCR5 stuff, I see variances when I look at the genetic app I use for researching those at Livewello. I have been trying to find a good conversion so I can convert things because some research is expressed using stuff like you mentioned and I have to go look for the snps and gensets to be able to run the app. That is time consuming. There must be a translator that works with that somewhere on the net.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
A flea drinks blood from a human or animal!
so some animal is out there with it!

and how come they are just testing a flea for it???
So this is the next thing THEY will hit us with.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Plague hammering Madagascar

www.vox.com...

As of October 6, 231 plague cases there had been identified, as well as 33 deaths, according to the World Health Organization. Twenty of Madagascar’s 114 districts are now affected by the epidemic.

Madagascar typically sees about 400 cases each year. But what makes this outbreak worrying is that plague has now spread through the capital and to coastal cities, “which we have not seen before,” World Health Organization spokesperson Tarik Jašarević told Vox.

Also unlike previous outbreaks, this year’s involves mostly pneumonic plague, a more dangerous form of the disease than the much more common bubonic plague.

very sad to hear
can be treated with antibiotics etc but very poor country with few resources
where's that global community when we need it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join