It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley Hot Dog Stand Fires Cook Seen At Charlottesville Protest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here it comes.

Now we hear of one hot dog stand cook that (allegedly) was "present" at the Charlottesville demonstrations has been apparently fired from the job !!

The hot dog stand is in Berkeley California.

And his name is: Cole White of all the ironic coincidences !!

Verified by Twitter without the little green checkmarks !!

Berkeley Hot Dog Stand Fires Cook Seen At Charlottesville Protest

A worker at a Berkeley hot dog chain has lost his job after being outed on social media as being one of the Charlottesville white supremacist protesters.

A poster at Berkeley’s Top Dog said that Cole White — who was identified on Twitter — no longer works at the restaurant. White had been a cook at the fast-food restaurant.

“Effective Saturday 12th August, Cole White no longer works at Top Dog. The actions of those in Charlottesville are not supported by Top Dog. We believe in individual freedom and voluntary association for everyone” — the poster read.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's the catch of "at will" employment. You can be fired for anything the employer feels like. Sucks for him, but I don't care because he is a racist.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

joy so now we get a snowflake over reaction to someone exercising their constitutional rights.

Unless he committed a crime while there, or tried to say he was representing the company he worked for, he should not be fired.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

joy so now we get a snowflake over reaction to someone exercising their constitutional rights.

Unless he committed a crime while there, or tried to say he was representing the company he worked for, he should not be fired.

I agree but since he was outed I can imagine it would hurt business sales since he would be going to work the next day and people treat racists like some sort of disease lol.

The company didn't have a choice really. Oh and "At Will" employment clause will seal that deal quick.
edit on 14-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have a very diverse clientele in my business. I don't need a neo Nazi working for me either. It's hard enough to attract and keep customers as it is.

It's my business, I pay the rent, taxes, bills, workers comp, salaries, insurance, everything. I'm going to run it the way I see fit; that's why they call me "the boss"

Racism has no place in my store. I've fired people for less reasons than being a Nazi.

You reap what you sow....Not only would I fire a racist, I would let any of his future employers know exactly what they might have to deal with.

eta....I don't even want white pride neo nazis as customers. GTFO and don't come back.
edit on 14-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I do not really blame the company, its the outing people that really bothers me.

Again as I said if he did not commit a crime, or try to misrepresent himself as a spokesman for the company then he was just exercising his rights and quite frankly should not be punished for it.

Odds are if he was such a hardcore racist, it would come out eventually and he would get canned on his own.

I even think its wrong to out the antifa chowder heads, unless they commit a crime, once that is done right left I do not care out them and arrest them.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

One of the unintended consequences of attending any politically/racially motivated rallies. It isn't right but these places of businesses have an unbiased image to uphold too.

Yeah, that guy was bound to get canned sooner or later.
edit on 14-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well the rioters on the left in groups like Antifa and BLM and other Anti trump people better watch out too, or they may be outed and lose their jobs.

Oh wait, they are already unemployed.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
My only question would be...

I'm going to assume, perhaps wrongly, that as a cook for a hot dog stand sort of restaurant, he doesn't, or didn't apparently, make a great deal of money...

So he can just willy-nilly drop everything to travel to Virginia, from California, over 3000 miles, to take part in a riot? Does anyone else see an issue here? What sort of investigation took place?

I suppose, as long as Twitter says it's so, it's so. What was thinking?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

He didn't have to commit a crime to lose his job, as has been pointed out California is an 'at will' employment state, they could fire him because they don't like his cat. And frankly I'd fire him too and any other hardcore political agitator because it could harm my business.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Was he even there?

Did he call in sick or take vacation days to do so? 3000 miles across country, just to take part in a riot?

Something about this rings false...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Was he even there?

I'm not sure, but if he was I say tough dinkums.

Did he call in sick or take vacation days to do so? 3000 miles across country, just to take part in a riot?

Something about this rings false...

I'm sure if he was there or not it will come out at some point. If he wasn't there then he should be reinstated.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I guess he needs to find job at Pizza Hut, and start selling Super Supreme, with white sauce...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
We believe in individual freedom and voluntary association for everyone

I sopose raceist nazies arnt people to them ...

U know when u act the exact same as whom you hate to express, your hate you just becomes the thing you hate

One way or another the nazi party will be reborn just becase ur anti raceisum dosent make u any better

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They are white nationalists, most there were not Supremacists. How come they are insinuating they are all Supremacists?

The news all started out calling them nationalists but it seems they are twisting things now to make things juicier.

There is a big difference in the two groups, but some supremacists do hide amongst the nationalists.

Now, was the guy fired because he called in sick or because he was at the event?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now, was the guy fired because he called in sick or because he was at the event?

If he works in CA and the riot was in VA there is no way he just merely "called in sick" for this. He clearly had to ask off to even get there.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, if he was, his first amendment rights do not, in any way, protect him from consequence. In an at-will state? ...and California, too boot? He's not the sharpest tack in the box, obviously...

But it's if he was there...

...and I hope the twitter-verse will forgive me if I don't treat it as the be all, end all, of investigative sources.

Airline tickets receipts? Car rental? Anything???? Guilty 'til proven innocent is the newest trend now, I guess.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If he works in CA and the riot was in VA there is no way he just merely "called in sick" for this. He clearly had to ask off to even get there.

I thought you used to be an employer. I had people call in sick or just take a day off to go to events many times. I learned that if I told them they had to come in they were worthless, all hung over and half buzzed up.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
...and I hope the twitter-verse will forgive me if I don't treat it as the be all, end all, of investigative sources.

True, we saw how the guy from Detroit got doxed when they thought he was the one driving the car that killed that woman in Charlottesville.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I thought you used to be an employer. I had people call in sick or just take a day off to go to events many times. I learned that if I told them they had to come in they were worthless, all hung over and half buzzed up.

No. I've never been an employer, but what I'm referring to is that travel time to get across the country would take several days. You can't just wake up one morning, call in sick and hop on a plane across the country. Most employers I've worked for start requiring doctor's notes when you exceed one sick day in a row.
edit on 14-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join