It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea’s Missile Success Is Linked to Ukrainian Plant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Grambler

First off it also says this is the opinion of the intelligence agencies.

How many intelligence agencies?

Remember homey don't play that?
The intelligence agencies are only intelligent when it suits you?
What about the Russians hacking the DNC?
Oh no. Them? They don't know anything.
But when they say hey we can blame Obama for something then they are the paragons of truth.

As usual you are here ti defend your liege tooth and nail. We know, we know, regime change wars are bad when anyone but Obama does them right?

I don't trust the intel agencies on just their word. But there was evidence provided in addition to just their word.

Perhaps in your rush to defend your dear leader you missed that.

Oh, and did you miss where I criticized the Rump admin in the OP too?

And I fully admit that this report could be wrong. But why again is the US helping with coups there?

And why is the same benefit of the doubt not given when it comes to Russia? If anyone in Trumps team so much as shared a meal with a Russian, you and others are all over it.

But Hillary taking all of this money from the Ukraine and going to them for op research on Trump is a-ok with you because all of the sudden you don't trust thee same intel agencies that are the basis for you attacks on Trump.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Now they are buying these engines now, when the Ukraine is under their new government control. This would have nothing to do with Russia, Russia is not involved anymore from what I understand, Ukraine would be selling them direct.

Can't blame this on Russia.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I read the news earlier on South Front . I also wanted to drop this into the mix because we love our waters muddied :>) DOCUMENTS CONFIRM THE US ALREADY DELIVERED LETHAL WEAPONS TO UKRAINE (EXCLUSIVE) southfront.org...

Well we know the coup in Ukraine was a CIA operation but why would the CIA Ukraine operation want to send the good stuff to NK ...Just who is really going to benefit from this ? oh the SF link southfront.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

North Korea’s success in testing an intercontinental ballistic missile that appears able to reach the United States was made possible by black-market purchases of powerful rocket engines probably from a Ukrainian factory with historical ties to Russia’s missile program, according to an expert analysis being published Monday and classified assessments by American intelligence agencies.

Mr. Elleman’s detailed analysis is public confirmation of what intelligence officials have been saying privately for some time: The new missiles are based on a technology so complex that it would have been impossible for the North Koreans to have switched gears so quickly themselves. They apparently fired up the new engine for the first time in September — meaning that it took only 10 months to go from that basic milestone to firing an ICBM, a short time unless they were able to buy designs, hardware and expertise on the black market.

Kim Jong-Un isn't such a fool after all. He is smart enough to outthink CIA's sabotage squad leaving American analysts scratching their heads as to how North Korea is advancing their carefully monitored missile program. Either that, or CIA is allowing Kim's black market purchases.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I just want to add a tid bit to the mix ...New sanctions on NK sees China cut its coal imports from NK ... East Ukraine stopped its coal production shipments to Western Ukraine . Looks like China's need for coal can be shipped by rail to China while western Ukraine has a plan to import coal from the US ...I wonder where the Ukraine will get the money to not only pay for US coal but they also have plans to buy US LNG ... Does any of this cause you to scratch your head ?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: UbiquityInMotion

Fact of the matter is little Kim has seen Saddam and Gaddafi regimes crumble to dust by way of western influence and those dictatorships gave way to reductions in there nuclear programs

The guy is scarred and probobly thinks along the lines of if he did give ground and get rid of any ICBM and/or nuclear warheads he has managed to procure or develop it would not be to long until the same thing happened to his own regime.

Scary part is he is probobly correct in thinking along those lines.

Not that i support his type of rule or control.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS Readers,

Star and flag for your post Grambler.

I was going to put it up, but you got there first. Kinda disturbing isn't it?

Wow, I have heard of "blowback" but this is like blown away blowback. Literally.

Ukraine is kinda like the old west of Europe these days. I doubt that Porky could keep an eye on such things as a clandestine rocket engine deal.

"Smelly" things have been going on in Ukraine for some time now. Ukraine is/was the biggest donor to the Clinton Foundation, over $10 Million according to your zero Hedge link.

Perhaps backing Ukraine to anger the "evil" Russians wasn't suc a good idea after all.

That may prove out to be the understatement of the year.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Or maybe, Ukraine got ticked off over the US abandoning their self defense after the whole issue where we said we would protect them if they gave up their nukes.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Or maybe, Ukraine got ticked off over the US abandoning their self defense after the whole issue where we said we would protect them if they gave up their nukes.

Nonetheless, that would still be troubling for all of the reasons I layed out in the OP.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It would be, but there's a different inference if my theory is right. Basically, what I'm saying is that Obama (and the rest of the world) seriously f'ed up with Ukraine. I said this at the time too, but if we want to be serious about nuclear non proliferation then we have to stand up and show the world that you don't need nukes in order to ensure your national defense.

If Ukraine still had their nuclear stockpile, they never would have been invaded. Instead, they turned them over to Russia and had those very same nukes pointed at their nation as a threat to not fight back for their territory Russia just stole.

The thing to remember though is Ukraine was willingly not holding onto or developing nuclear weapons. If pushed, they always had the option of fighting non proliferation by teaching others how to build nuclear weapons and delivery systems. That's what I think happened here. They acted in good faith, we screwed them over, now they retaliated.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

You're talking about the Soviet Union, not the country that is the Ukraine now.

This is what happened way before Ukraine became an actual country, when it was still a Soviet Union state, you cannot put the blame onto a Country that became long after the Soviet Union fall.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

well I never, you cant trust anyone these days

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon

You're talking about the Soviet Union, not the country that is the Ukraine now.

This is what happened way before Ukraine became an actual country, when it was still a Soviet Union state, you cannot put the blame onto a Country that became long after the Soviet Union fall.

The article says they sold the engines after the Ukrainian coup in 2014 (I think that was the date).

This was well after the Soviet Union.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Oh, I see ya.

Yeah, I'm not sure who I believe, the one I read was a transfer of old broken down components/kits that were transferred over to N.Korea during the late 80s.

It referenced that it could of taken many years for them to be able to study, build, and design from the components that they had.

I cannot remember the article - it was 2 or 3 sources/references that were linked I found while reading the wiki page on the N.Korea rockets.

Something is for damn sure, you do not make massive quantum leaps in rocketry technology in less then a year, someone or several are assisting them hard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join