It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea’s Missile Success Is Linked to Ukrainian Plant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

North Korea’s success in testing an intercontinental ballistic missile that appears able to reach the United States was made possible by black-market purchases of powerful rocket engines probably from a Ukrainian factory with historical ties to Russia’s missile program, according to an expert analysis being published Monday and classified assessments by American intelligence agencies.

North Korea’s Missile Success Is Linked to Ukrainian Plant

Well isn't that just peachy.

Turns out, maybe Obama supporting the coup to oust the Russian friendly leadership of Ukraine wasn't a good idea after all.

Rather with the blessing of the Ukrainian government or not, it looks like this policy of interfering in the Ukraine has directly led to Kim Jong Un perhaps being able to hit the mainland US with a missile.

And lets not forget how members of the DNC worked with Ukrainian government representatives to dig up dirt on Trump. Now we know that perhaps at the same time, Ukrainian's were selling missile technology to North Korea. But as the Democrats will tell you "Ummmmm...... Russia!!!!"

And isn't it odd that the biggest foreign donor to the Clinton foundation was from a Ukrainian seeking to lobby her to modernize the country.

In 2008, Mr. Pinchuk made a five-year, $29 million commitment to the Clinton Global Initiative, a wing of the foundation that coordinates charitable projects and funding for them but doesn’t handle the money. The pledge was to fund a program to train future Ukrainian leaders and professionals “to modernize Ukraine,” according to the Clinton Foundation. Several alumni are current members of the Ukrainian Parliament.

The Pinchuk foundation said its donations were intended to help to make Ukraine “a successful, free, modern country based on European values.” It said that if Mr. Pinchuk was lobbying the State Department about Ukraine, “this cannot be seen as anything but a good thing.”

www.wsj.com...

No big deal though, right? I mean, who cares if this group giving the Clinton's $29 million, and then having their country sell one of the US's biggest threats tech to attack us with. Nothing to see here though.

But that doesn't let Trump administration off the hook, whose state department in an effort to anger Russia is considering selling the Ukraine weapons.

The WSJ reports that, in what appears to be the next gambit by the U.S. Military-Industrial Complex (or "deep state" for those so inclined) to force Trump to "prove" that he did not, in fact, collude or have any ties with Russia or Vladimir Putin, Pentagon and State Department officials have devised plans to hit Russia where it hurts the most, and supply Ukraine with antitank missiles and other weaponry, and are now seeking White House approval at a time when ties between Moscow and Washington are as bad as during any point under the Obama administration.

American military officials and diplomats say the arms, which they characterized as defensive, are meant to deter aggressive actions by Moscow, which the U.S. and others say has provided tanks and other sophisticated armaments as well as military advisers to rebels fighting the Kiev government.

www.zerohedge.com...

Perhaps backing Ukraine to anger the "evil" Russians wasn't suc a good idea after all.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I was just reading this, glad you made a thread on the topic.
Also consider this older event :

British banker set up firm ‘used by North Korea to sell weapons’

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

It would not surprise me if the cia was working with the Ukraine company!
Just to get us in another conflict !

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It's all just swings and roundabouts. This type of technology was apt to fall into the wrong type of hands at some point, to be honest, i'm surprised it took so long to occur.

End of the day most nations that can afford to construct ICBM are going to become nuclear capable at some point considering the technology has been around since the middle of the last century.

Fact is the US, and the rest of the nuclear capable nations, cannot really complain as its akin to a parent that smokes telling there children not to do so.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I remember reading about a organisation that was linked to North Korea that was involved with black market exports into the country and was working with suspected despot countries in Africa as well so nice bunch of people..

I vaguely remember this being linked to Room 39 which was basically a department that was set up within North Korea to work with outside middle men to bring in these band items. I remember something about the KKG group within North Korea and a company with the name like Carlyle or something to that extent. It has been a few years since I looked into this.. I am sure someone else can fill in the gaps..

There are certainly many many influential people that are happy to supply NK with what they want for the right price..

RA

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

“It’s likely that these engines came from Ukraine — probably illicitly,” Mr. Elleman said in an interview.

Seems like a tenuous link to me , Mr Elleman is stating his assumption rather then presenting any evidence.
North Korea have been working on and spending big on missile technology for years , they are bound to have acquired an insight into other peoples tech in that time and integrated it into their own rocket programs.

Perhaps they came from Chinese copies of Russian / Ukrainian hardware , or maybe North Korea copied them themselves.

Beijing has long modernised its military by copying Russian weapons systems, but sanctions-hit Russia is now also sourcing parts and technology from China.
www.ft.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Well they just HAD to get some "Russian" connections eventually.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

“It’s likely that these engines came from Ukraine — probably illicitly,” Mr. Elleman said in an interview.

Seems like a tenuous link to me , Mr Elleman is stating his assumption rather then presenting any evidence.
North Korea have been working on and spending big on missile technology for years , they are bound to have acquired an insight into other peoples tech in that time and integrated it into their own rocket programs.

Perhaps they came from Chinese copies of Russian / Ukrainian hardware , or maybe North Korea copied them themselves.

Beijing has long modernised its military by copying Russian weapons systems, but sanctions-hit Russia is now also sourcing parts and technology from China.
www.ft.com...

I believe you are downplaying this quite a bit, and trying to make this seem like one persons opinion.

First off it also says this is the opinion of the intelligence agencies.

It also adressed the NK build up, noting that there have been a string of failures, then all of the sudden there was a breakthrough.

It also explains how analysts looked at photos of the engine and realized they were linked to only a few old soviet sites. This led them to believe that the site in Ukraine is the most likely provider for various reasons; intel officials believe it would be impossible for NK to make these developments this quickly, they tried to in the past procure this tech from the Ukraine and the UN admonished them for that, and the intel agencies also know that this particular plant in the Ukraine has been broke and believe they have been looking for a money source including by selling their tech.

I think all of this is more than just an assumption, and seems to be a decent amount of evidence.

But even if you don't believe it; are you not troubled by the DNC and Hillarys connections to a state that may be providing NK with tech to fight the US with?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Oh cool. Another way to blame Obama for all the world's crisis.
Way to go!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DEANORULES24

The CIA? You guys are totally nuts you know that?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to:
edit on 8142017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Oh cool. Another way to blame Obama for all the world's crisis.
Way to go!!!

Well Obama DID whisper those sweet words into Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev ear right?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
I remember reading about a organisation that was linked to North Korea that was involved with black market exports into the country and was working with suspected despot countries in Africa as well so nice bunch of people..

I vaguely remember this being linked to Room 39 which was basically a department that was set up within North Korea to work with outside middle men to bring in these band items. I remember something about the KKG group within North Korea and a company with the name like Carlyle or something to that extent. It has been a few years since I looked into this.. I am sure someone else can fill in the gaps..

There are certainly many many influential people that are happy to supply NK with what they want for the right price..

RA

Below is a story, complete with link to source about the Carlyle Group. George H. W. Bush and the Bin Laden were in it and tight friends on 9/11.

The Carlyle Group, integrated by the Bush and bin Laden families awarded a billion dollar contract to "rebuild" Iraq:

US arms group heads for Lisbon

the-news.net... The News, Portugal's English language Weekly, 4 April 2003.
www.globalresearch.ca 6 April 2003
The URL of this article is: globalresearch.ca...

Directors of one of the world’s largest armament companies are planning on meeting in Lisbon in three weeks time. The American based Carlyle Group is heavily involved in supplying arms to the Coalition forces fighting in the Iraqi war.

It also holds a majority of shares in the Seven Up company and Federal Data Corporation, supplier of air traffic control surveillance systems to the US Federal Aviation Authority. The 12 billion dollar company has recently signed contracts with United Defence Industries to equip the Turkish and Saudi Arabian armies with aviation defence systems.

Top of the meeting’s agenda is expected to be the company’s involvement in the rebuilding of Baghdad’s infrastructure after the cessation of current hostilities. Along with several other US companies, the Carlyle Group is expected to be awarded a billion dollar contract by the US Government to help in the redevelopment of airfields and urban areas destroyed by Coalition aerial bombardments.

The Group is managed by a team of former US Government personnel including its president Frank Carlucci, former deputy director of the CIA before becoming Defence Secretary. His deputy is James Baker II, who was Secretary of State under George Bush senior. Several high profile former politicians are employed to represent the company overseas, among them John Major, former British Prime Minister, along with George Bush senior, one time CIA director before becoming US President.

The financial assets of the Saudi Binladen Corporation (SBC) are also managed by the Carlyle Group. The SBC is headed up by members of Osama bin Laden’s family, who played a principle role in helping George W. Bush win petroleum concessions from Bahrain when he was head of the Texan oil company, Harken Energy Corporation - a deal that was to make the Bush family millions of dollars. Salem, Osama bin Laden’s brother, was represented on Harken’s board of directors by his American agent, James R. Bath.

The connection between the Bush and bin Laden families can also be traced to the collapse of the Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI) in the 1990s. Members of the Anglo Pakistani bank’s board of directors included Richard Helms and William Casey, business partners of George Bush senior and former CIA agents. During their time at BCCI both Helms and Casey worked alongside fellow director, Adnan Khasshoggi, who also represented the bin Laden family’s interests in the US.

The Portugal News has been told by a reliable source that the Carlyle Group meeting in Lisbon will discuss the relationship between the Saudi Binladen Corporation (SBC) and Osama bin Laden. Many US officials claim that the SBC continues to finance his political activities, and has done so for many years. If true, this would place George Bush senior and his colleagues at the Carlyle Group in an embarrassing position. As managers of SBC’s financial investments they might well be accused of indirectly aiding and abetting the United States’ number one enemy.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to:

The Member said:

countries in Africa

Hmmm.

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

???

link   

originally posted by: DEANORULES24

It would not surprise me if the cia was working with the Ukraine company!
Just to get us in another conflict !

It would not even surprise me if Lil Kim is playing just a role, the bad guy the west needs for it´s (nuclear) armament and to keep it´s people in fear. He lived in Switzerland for almost three years, i read an interview with his room mate once. He was like every other student, loved rock concerts, parties, did everything the others did, too.

Maybe time enough to turn him around?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

First off it also says this is the opinion of the intelligence agencies.

How many intelligence agencies?

Remember homey don't play that?
The intelligence agencies are only intelligent when it suits you?
What about the Russians hacking the DNC?
Oh no. Them? They don't know anything.
But when they say hey we can blame Obama for something then they are the paragons of truth.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's why I deleted my post.
Get off my ass sue.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Sure buddy... and they've been planning it for generations. His father and his grandfather before him.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Gawd! You ruin every thread. Just when something looks interesting to read and research, as soon as you enter, you start your hateful personal annoying attacks and just ruin the entire room. Can't you make a comment, even one that is contrary to the OP, without throwing in the smarmy one-liners.

Once you start, then page after page is filled with Sillolme orange-lettered boxes. At least you got rid of the puke-green you were using!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join