It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a citizen of No country!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It is true.
At the Canadian consulate: you're not a citizen.
At the American INS: you're not a citizen.

There will be several questions concerning this so let me outline for you:
1) Born in Canada(1964).
2) Raised in North Carolina (Camp Lejune: Marine Corps base- dad).
3) Father and mother naturalized in 1975 (I was only 10)
4) Joined the Navy in 1984 (had secret clearance)
5) 9/11
6) Lost SSN Card, birth cert and Native American Indian Card
7) Can't get job w/out SSN card
8) Return to Canada to get
a) NAICard (allows to work in US)
b) 50% native blood certificate
9) Can't get Passport of either country (possibility of work need)

So, I am litterally a man without a country! Although I am a Mohawk and of the Iroquois nation! But they don't have passports!

So you have now met someone who is not a citizen.

Any job openings?
Tuatara's Third Eye

[edit on 8-2-2005 by Tuatara]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well welcome to ATS, Im sure here you will fit in

Below is A hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have, ie, what are points ect....
ATS hand book

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me

You will find your u2u's in the member center

and also there is a message when you recieve a u2u

also need help getting your avatar up (or pic in your profile) check out this link

Want to post a pic in your thread.
how to post a pic on a thread

Asala

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Congratulations, true denizen of the planet.

And forgive anyone who misreads you as a novice.

[edit on 8-2-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuatara

There will be several questions concerning this so let me outline for you:
1) Born in Canada(1964).

Why don't you get your Canadian Birth Certificate?

2) Raised in North Carolina (Camp Lejune: Marine Corps base- dad).
3) Father and mother naturalized in 1975 (I was only 10)

Your Dad was in US Marine Corp as a foreign national non US citizen?

4) Joined the Navy in 1984 (had secret clearance)

Were you Naturalized? How did you prove you were a US Citizen in 1984?

5) 9/11

And this has to do with you why?

6) Lost SSN Card, birth cert and Native American Indian Card

Did your house burn down with your walet in it?

7) Can't get job w/out SSN card
8) Return to Canada to get
a) NAICard (allows to work in US)
b) 50% native blood certificate

Why return to Canada? If you have a legal SSN Card you can request a new one from SS Office.

9) Can't get Passport of either country (possibility of work need)

Get your SSN Card replaced and you can get a passport.

Here is alist of other nationally accepted ID Cards.
Certificate of Naturalization (N-550, N-570, or N-578)

Certificate of Citizenship (N-560, N-561, or N-645)

Northern Marina Card (I-551)

American Indian Card (I-551)

U.S. Citizen Identification Card (I-179 or I-197)

Resident Alien Card (I-151, I-551, AR-3, AR-3A, or AR-103)

Temporary Resident Identification Card (K-688)

Non-resident Alien Canadian Border Crossing Card (I-185 or I-586)

Record of Arrival and Department (in a valid Foreign Passport) (I-94 or I-94W visa waiver program)

Record of Arrival and Departure w/attached photo stamped "Temporary Proof of Lawful Permanent Resident" (I-94)

Processed for I-551 stamp (in a valid Foreign Passport)

Permanent Resident Re-entry Permit (I-327)

Refugee Travel Document (I-571)

Record of Arrival and Departure (in a Certificate of Identity) (I-94)

Record of Arrival and Departure Stamped "Refugee", "Parole", "Parolee" or "Asylee") (I-94)

Employment Authorization Document (card) "EAD" Ins. form I-766

Canadian Immigration Record and Visa or Record of Landing (IMM 1000)

Court order. Must contain full name, date of birth and court seal. Examples include adoption document, name change document, gender document, etc.

Military ID

Valid passport, U. S. or Canadian. If foreign, appropriate INS document also is required.

State issued photo learner permit. Out-of-state issued permit is NOT acceptable. Cannot be expired more than one year. A learner permit without a photo is NOT acceptable UNLESS accompanied by a primary document.

Canadian Department of Indian Affairs issued ID card. Tribal issued card is not acceptable. U.S. issued Department of Indian Affairs card is NOT acceptable.

Also Secondary forms of Identification that can be used

Bureau of Indian Affairs Card/Indian Treaty Card. Tribal ID card is NOT acceptable.

Driver license/ID card, expired more than one year

Court order that does not contain the applicant's date of birth.

Employer ID card

Foreign birth certificate. Must be translated by approved translator.

Health insurance card, i.e., Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Kaiser, HMO.

IRS/State tax forms W-2 NOT acceptable

Marriage certificate/license

Civil Union certificate

Medical records from doctor/hospital

Military dependent ID

Military discharge/separation papers

Parent/guardian affidavit. Parent/guardian must appear in person, prove his/her identity and submit a certified/notarized affidavit regarding the child's identity. Applies only to minors.

Gun Permit

Pilot's license

School record/transcript (Must be certified)

Social security card (Metal card is NOT acceptable)

Social insurance card (for Canadian residents only)

Student ID Card (Must contain photo)

Vehicle title (Vehicle registration NOT acceptable)

Welfare card

Prison release document

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Canada never gives up citizenship. You must go before a Magistrate and renounce it. You should be able to get something...

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I did have to get my birth cert... only after someone of a social standing 'said' they have known me my whole life-- go figure. And the Canadian counselet in LA said, "you are not a Canadian citizen because your parents were naturalized befor you were 12 and that stripped you of your Canadian citizenship."

My dad served in the USMC as a Canadian from 1963 - 1975. He served 2 tours in Vietnam, 2 Purple Hearts. He served the country which he considered His. He was born in Canada, my mother also. Camp LeJune was a great place to grow up, but once you do, you get out of there!

The laws THEN were that if your parents were natualized before your age was 12, then you were 'automatically' naturalized also, but then 9/11 and all the rules changed! There are literally thousands of folks which now do not quallify for US citizenship.

Just lost my small wallet with all pertinate cards, one of those "oh, sh**s"

I had to return to the reservation to get my card, because of fraud the rules state you must be present to get it. It's this card that allows me to work in the US. I've never had a green card, resident alien card or any other damn card.

Also, when I went to the SS office, they stated "yes, this is your number and No, we can't give you a replacement card without your 50 percentum letter" Because they didn't recognize me as a US citizen. Also, I went to get a passport a few years back and it was denied, I was not a citizen!

Check this out though, I've had a secret clearance but the INS and SSoffice say I'm not a citizen!

Talk about conspiracies, which organization in this country (US) controls who is and who isn't a citizen!?? So I can only travel between US and Canada because my Native Status Card allows for no border between the two!

Go figure!

Thanks for the list Phaethor but I would like to make a personnal comment: Why the heck do I need to have all that stuff(!) when I've served this country in time of war! Lived in this country my whole life, payed my taxes like everyone else and now have kids that live here! Back in '75 the forms did not have a listing for the kids, I know this because I have a form of that time (gathered from my mothers things before she died). But at the INS, they are fully aware of people, like me, that fall into this category.

You asked what about 9/11? That's when America became a Police State! When self protectionism overcame freedom! You can't travel without being tracked, you can't buy a gun/ can't get a pilots license/ can't travel where you want/ can't have opinions against our government without being suspected or investigated/ .... we lost more freedoms with 9/11 than you can imagine. I've almost come to the conclusion that Mexico has more freedoms than the US because they're not as technologically sophisticated and the people are not 'traceable' as we are! And I am willing to argue the point (or discuss it).

I am a man Without a Country! I'm going to change my original title to that.

Tuataras Third Eye

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Tuatara]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It is true.
At the Canadian consulate: you're not a citizen.

Hi Tuatara-I find this very hard to believe. You seem to be more interested in U.S. citizenship as it is where you have lived all your life...but...you are a Canadian citizen by birth, and I don't think that could ever be negated by the fact your parents were naturalized U.S. citizens. Just to give you an example - my Dad is originally a Portuguese citizen who took Canadian citizenship b4 there was an accord between those 2 countries for dual. A number of years later my Dad moved to the U.S. remarried took dual U.S. citizenship, and had two sons born there. But his sons are automatically Canadian citizens, by virtue of the fact that Dad was still a Canadian citizen when they were born. All they have to do is make application, showing proof of Dad's citizenship.

from the citizenship website:

Who is eligible to obtain a citizenship certificate?

Any Canadian citizen is entitled to apply for a citizenship certificate. Naturalized Canadians automatically receive the document when they are granted their citizenship. Virtually all people born in this country are considered to be Canadian citizens. Likewise, anyone born to a Canadian parent is considered to be a Canadian citizen.

If you have any questions about your claim to citizenship you should call the Citizenship and Immigration Call Centre (phone number can be found at the end of this document).

www.cic.gc.ca...

If you have to, contact the prime minister's office. Good luck!

top topics

join