It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times reporter denounced for tweeting: "The hard left seemed as hate-filled as alt-right".

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: luthier

a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's a good club to be in!

Do we actually GET clubs if we join...or can we bring our own?

Clubs are provided, but you have to bring your own baby seals.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I'm okay with that. But add statues depicting the violence towards and oppression of slaves - at every street corner. We don't need to forget that either.

Robert E Lee depicted none of that. Both the white Nationalists and the ones that called for removing the statue are completely ignorant of what that man believed or stood for.

link   
So you are discussing two different events than? I don't know much about what happened during the prior night rally. I am referring specifically to the Saturday event. Although, I did see a SPLC attorney accost some dickhead being rude with his comments during a night scene. Why the man did not just walk away from being verbally berated is beyond me though.

link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I'm okay with that. But add statues depicting the violence towards and oppression of slaves - at every street corner. We don't need to forget that either.

Robert E Lee depicted none of that. Both the white Nationalists and the ones that called for removing the statue are completely ignorant of what that man believed or stood for.

Yep!

And they went full. .....
edit on 14-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yes both events. They were both planned violent rallies with intent of provacation imo.

If the counter protesters were organized and intelligent they would have made sure nobody got violent and just let these idiots do there thing with the optics as they were. Without a battle they would have looked insane.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I'm not hysterical. And I'd guess this is heating up to be much worse than the '60s & '70s. The polarization is far worse, the divide is wider and deeper, and the racist animosity is heaps worse. Another huge difference is that in the previous decades, the cops didnt stand down as we are seeing in Berkley and Charlottsville. The NYT reports the cops in Charlottsville simply looked on as things spun out of control. www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Well put, though it's hard to tell from that pic alone. Maybe it's a sign that we need re education in a special camp so we can tell which violent person is the righteous one?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It's a good club to be in!

Do we actually GET clubs if we join...or can we bring our own?

Clubs are provided, but you have to bring your own baby seals.

Clubs? We don't live in the stoneage anymore lets get real and shoot the bastards with our american flag painted AR's. America # yeah.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
Well i would expect that from the NY Times and other MSM outlets.The agenda is after all to demonise the right,conservatives and whites.Cannot have facts interfering with the narrative.

The left doesn't have to demonize the right. Behavior by people on the right simply speaks for itself.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Raxoxane
Well i would expect that from the NY Times and other MSM outlets.The agenda is after all to demonise the right,conservatives and whites.Cannot have facts interfering with the narrative.

The left doesn't have to demonize the right. Behavior by people on the right simply speaks for itself.

Yeah nope. You're called a Nazi just for uttering a different opinion that people don't like. Different opinions are no longer allowed. You know we germans have a word for that. Gleichschaltung. Gleichschaltung
edit on 14-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: i should have never fed a mogwai after midnight...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Regardless of what he stood for, either we want to remember history or we want to erase it. If we want to remember it, then let's really remember it - all of it.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Or a left tard if you trail to far frim the script. I get called both so I must be doing something right.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
To those of you in favor of removing the statue for whatever reasons they may be, please keep this in mind. They say those that don't learn from the past are destined to repeat it. Remove the statue, change the school books, change the past. You reap what you sow. I for one would rather preserve the historical record so that my children and theirs don't have to see history repeat itself.
edit on 14-8-2017 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Re: Confederate monuments.

1. Quite a lot of Confederate monuments like the one in Charlottesville were erected during two spikes: the first was following Plessy v. Ferguson (1896) which of course upheld segregation. The second was in the 1950s as a direct response to the Civil Rights movement.

These monuments weren't simply about memorializing the dead, they were to a degree about white Southerners thumbing their noses at those who wanted to end the very oppression that made their construction possible.

2. The idea that if we don't have statues to venerate Confederate generals or politicians, we'll somehow "erase history" is complete bulls#. The Germans didn't erect a bunch of monuments to Nazis. In fact, Germany went to the extreme of outlawing Nazi symbols outside of the context of education, research and art.

Nobody has forgotten nor will history forget, the Nazis.

3. Ironically, Robert E. Lee understood was against erecting monuments to the Confederacy. In a 1869 letter, regarding Confederate monuments, he is famously quoted:

"My engagements will not permit me to be present, and I believe if there I could not add anything material to the information existing on the subject. I think it wiser, moreover, not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the example of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, and to commit to oblivion the feelings it engendered."

4. This rally didn't have anything to do with this statue and it's removal. That was merely the superficial justification. The rally was about uniting white nationalists and white supremacists.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

There are more than 1500 civil war memorials and monuments. I think that think battlefield memorials should be untouched, memorials at cemeteries should be left in place and that most others are fair game.

There's a difference between honoring falling soldiers and lionizing generals and political leaders who led a rebellion to preserve the institution of slavery that tore the nation apart and resulted in the deaths of nearly as many Americans as all other American wars combined.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: gladtobehere

The narrative being pushed is that Trump and anyone who voted for him is a Nazi.

Anyone who goes against the narrative is also a Nazi.

NaziNaziNazi

I thought the narrative was "Oh s#, one of the psychotic neo-Nazis whose existence we keep trying to ignore ran a bunch of people over — quick, blame 'the Left' and play the victim!"

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

a reply to: gladtobehere

The narrative being pushed is that Trump and anyone who voted for him is a Nazi.

Anyone who goes against the narrative is also a Nazi.

NaziNaziNazi

I thought the narrative was "Oh s#, one of the psychotic neo-Nazis whose existence we keep trying to ignore ran a bunch of people over — quick, blame 'the Left' and play the victim!"

Any official proof that James Alex Fields was a Neo-Nazi? It's all still specualtion and no i don't consider an essay about WW2 as proof.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Because no one else will respond, will you tell me what you think about erecting statues all over Southern towns and cities that specifically depict the horrible things that slaves had to go through? Whites whipping the backs of slaves. White people lynching slaves. White people wrenching children out of the arms of their mothers because they were sold to other plantations. Married slaves torn apart by white slavemasters because one was sold to another plantation. Child slaves watching the white children of their masters learning to read and write while they were not allowed to. So we never forget.
edit on 14-8-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
To clear up the confusion.

Those that went to protest the taking down of statues isn't a nazi.

Those that went there to stop them are nazis.

Taking down statues. The 21st century version of book burning.

Of course never letting a good crisis go to waste. COINTEL PRO/Agent Provocateurs infiltrated.

The reporter is right though.

edit on 14-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
To clear up the confusion.

Those that went to protest the taking down of statues isn't a nazi.

Those that went there to stop them are nazis.

Taking down statues. The 21st century version of book burning.

Of course never letting a good crisis go to waste. COINTEL PRO/Agent Provocateurs infiltrated.

The reporter is right though.

The nazis that went to start violence for there cause whether dressing up and larping as actual nazis, anarchists just throwing fuel, or radical left.

There fixed it for you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join