It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times reporter denounced for tweeting: "The hard left seemed as hate-filled as alt-right".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I'm all in favor of equality for gays and I support free speech.

Guess that makes me a leftist Nazi.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I saw one of the church groups during the stream. They were several blocks away from the park. I also saw people walking towrds the park nearby being pepper sprayed and shoved on the way to the park. They had to walk through the entire counter demonstrators to get to the park, and were accosted and harassed the entire route.

The police literally stood by and watched them fight. I saw the Ruptly guy point his camera at a crowd of fighters in front of the park that finally defended themselves, and point it towards some officers watching it in a nearby lot but merely 50-100 feet away or so, and back at he fight. No action, absolutely zero.

It was Ferguson, Baltimore, Berkley stand down orders all over again. My city don't play that #. There would be 200 plain clothes officers mixed in the crowd, and anybody, I mean anybody that throws a punch, a bottle, or sprays mace will suddenly be taken to the ground and removed within seconds. Tampa Police and Hillsborough county deputies would swarm an altercation like some army ants you have never seen. Thats why nothing ever gets out of control here. Miami, sure. Orlando, maybe. Jacksonville, thats a given. But not Tampa baby. No sir.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

This wasn't manufactured violence. Unless you're blaming Detroit for making the camaro...
edit on 8142017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

originally posted by: eisegesis
The manufactured violence manufactures outrage that manufactures confrontation that manufacture division that manufactures idiots that manufacture violence.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

I was actually thinking this might have been a smoke screen for something else overseas or something washington is doing and wanted attention diverted away from something that important. Call me crazy but it has happened before.

Nah. This is not that complicated.

White nationalists/supremacists/neo-nazis, whatever you want to call them, have been emboldened recently and they decided to hold a rally. They were confronted by a group of anarchists and the # hit the fan.

Both of them came ready to fight and so they fought.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

This wasn't manufactured violence. Unless you're blaming Detroit for making the camaro...

How would you know? Have you ever been in a psyops unit before or ever been with the CIA? It is still a possibility or somehow amped up to be something more than what it is?

It is a theory but all options are considered. The woman getting killed however was never supposed to happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
I don't know man, there are some theories out there that it could have been a false flag. Im not jumping on board that just yet, but the drone footage does make me curious why everybody was at that specific intersection. Was there a demonstration there, the streets around it were like a ghost town.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Oh I agree. This was hugely on the local government. I just don't think it was as innocent as your making it sound. If you read the neo nazi groups propaganda you know exercising the first amend is not the actual goal of these rallies. Which is why they were armed and wearing body armor.

There were several skirmishes though starting the night of the torch rally. The white supremacists threw tear gas and started beating on the church groups. Local people who are not part of antifa and radical groups have said the nazi's intentions were obvious and did plenty of strike first.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Nope, that would make you normal. Still, for others who don't like you and have made that clear on these boards, you are therefore labelled lots of other things - in a nutshell you're a hater because 'Trump" & "conservative" - the 2 things Hillary & Bernie & CNN & MSNBC & Soros & libtards despise the most and have in common.

You are worse than Hitler, worse than ISIS - you are the prverbial DC shooter and Charlottesville driver - like me, so welcome to the club of Zero #s given.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sure does. I wanted to point out I regularly also get called a leftist and lib tard.

It's hard when you don't read a script. You just don't get the same stars it seems.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's a good club to be in!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Occasionally we even admit we were wrong which is also a big no no. You can't change your position ever. Or else your the enemy.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What Camaro?
jfc
It was a dodge challenger.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
A troll thread made about a troll article. Zero journalism involved.

For F'ing sake the whole thing is a bout some nobody tweets over a tweet. If members think making threads over crapy idiotic tweets from a bunch of nobodies is worthy of filling up ATS boards then this site is doomed.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

This story reflects what I believe is a growing trend, i.e., a majority of US population is taking a hard left turn as a reaction against Trump and his supporters.

This could get much uglier going forward. If you are white and havent found your hidy hole yet, you better be getting after it. Time to hunker down in the bunker is getting close.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: gladtobehere

This story reflects what I believe is a growing trend, i.e., a majority of US population is taking a hard left turn as a reaction against Trump and his supporters.

This could get much uglier going forward. If you are white and havent found your hidy hole yet, you better be getting after it. Time to hunker down in the bunker is getting close.

Right...because it's way worse than the 60's and early 70's right now.

Let's not get hysterical just yet.
edit on 14-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I still think that geting rid of the confederate statues is the wrong approach. What happens in 5-10 years when children ask about that dark period of america and the solution was to ignore it and get rid of it and to be never reminded of that time? I think we need reminders of our past mistakes to learn from them and that we never reapeat them. Otherwise we should just raise Auschwitz to the ground as well. Nearly 80 years have past after all. Most people who lived in that time are already dead or soon will be.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I'm okay with that. But add statues depicting the violence towards and oppression of slaves - at every street corner. We don't need to forget that either.
edit on 14-8-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Nope, that would make you normal. Still, for others who don't like you and have made that clear on these boards, you are therefore labelled lots of other things - in a nutshell you're a hater because 'Trump" & "conservative" - the 2 things Hillary & Bernie & CNN & MSNBC & Soros & libtards despise the most and have in common.

You are worse than Hitler, worse than ISIS - you are the prverbial DC shooter and Charlottesville driver - like me, so welcome to the club of Zero #s given.

I would only add that being in the middle is the worst. Both sides end up hating you.

In another thread I would say I support neo nazis free speech, but I think they are vile scumbags who hide behind the constitution and actually want to destroy it to make white supremacy.

This often made people comment about how I am a leftist or such nonsense.

If I said no I don't think their purpose is to exercise their right but rather is violence. Same thing even though already said I support their 1st amend.

My whole point being don't fall for it. Ignore it. They are purposely trying to get a rise.

Apparently that is a leftist view to some.
edit on 14-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You can do a lot by changing the description. Some of them are pretty let's say... dated.

But I guess that would be a compromise and damn it why should anyone do that.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Do we actually GET clubs if we join...or can we bring our own?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join