It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clarks embroiled in sexism row over 'Dolly Babe' school shoes for girls

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

There you go!
Bitch in training does too but I doubt it would be popular.
Lady Boss is good too. Or Boss Lady.
In control. There's a good one too.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: SilverOwls

There you go!
Bitch in training does too but I doubt it would be popular.
Lady Boss is good too. Or Boss Lady.
In control. There's a good one too.

Hmm, I quite fancy Bitch in Training.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Since when do people pay so much attention to what a company calls their model of shoe? I mean I've usually got a vague idea of what brand of shoe I'm getting when I buy a pair but I don't think I've ever looked twice at what the specific model of shoe is. ...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I swear to the almighty if I have to deal with this bullsh#t with my kids school when they are old enough to go, there will be HELL to PAY. I will raise so much hell in that school they will dread the days I have to come for a visit. No sons of mine will be subjected to this dumb bs. Gender appropriation? The F#$# out of here with that garbage.

Heck if it comes down to it I will home school my kids as a last resort. A little off topic but some people can't resist pushing the "Idiot" button regarding common sense topics as trivial as clothes made specifically for a gender...

Nothing wrong with boys looking like boys and girls looking like girls. Jesus..
edit on 14-8-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

True dat !

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
The whole point of commercial brand names is that the company hopes to appeal to the market.
So either their research was off when they picked that name, or the objectors don't really represent the prospective purchasers.

What you mean that their research tells them that boys want to be boys, and girls want to be girls. No way, we can't have that!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Being the crusty old reactionary that I am, I have to say that people getting fed up with the names of these shoes have a point.

No one pins kids down and tells them that their life roles are going to be a certain way, but a series of little things like this, do enforce that mental state in kids.

I had (am still having) a long running battle with my daughter over job roles and genders.
Thankfully, she has come to terms with the fact that she could, if she chose, try out to be a fighter pilot in the RAF or some such. (She loves her time in Sea cadets so is pretty adamant that the RN is going to be her future after Uni...So if we have any ships left, maybe she will end up as a Captain one day...we will see).

Anyway, that little diversion was by way of explaining that our general culture, especially as it relates to work and stuff, still is very rigid in the way it gets kids to think in a certain way.

Rather than remove the girly shoes, a grown up alternative would be to keep them but have the same style also named say, leader or something, then, the girls that really want the dolly shoes can have them and the ones who don't can hve the others.

Of course, the SJW movement is all about banning stuff so it won't happen that way.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Very true what you say there...

Should just let girls and boys be girls and boys and stop messing with their minds at a young age.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
The whole point of commercial brand names is that the company hopes to appeal to the market.
So either their research was off when they picked that name, or the objectors don't really represent the prospective purchasers.

What you mean that their research tells them that boys want to be boys, and girls want to be girls. No way, we can't have that!

That's a no no in todays society. Can't have boys wearing boys stuff or girls wearing girls stuff.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Hehehehe

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: intrptr

Don't girls play wirth 'Dolls' or 'Barbies' anymore? If not, why not? Is it because of this 'Gender' Agenda thing going on?

I didn't say they don't play 'house' anymore, just that its not promoted in main stream advertising like it used to be.

Do they still advertise barbie dolls and GI Joes on TV?

I dunno what little girls are into nowadays.

As far as GI JOE, those are cartoons now. Like other comic book superheroes, the genre has gone full blown hollywood blockbuster.

The 'super' hero, defending the establishment against the 'arch villain'.

The conditioning worked, little boys have grown up into adult warmongers.

Edit: OMG, they do! How obviously stereotypical and sexist is this? But I don't see anyone protesting against Mattel...

edit on 14-8-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMeatPuppet

Frankly I'm angry Clarks don't sell Dolly Babe's in size 11.

TG's have feet to! Cr

I'd call for a Boycott, but that would be sexist.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
People that worry about meaningless trivia like this, just don't have enough real world tasks and problems to occupy them. Get a f&cking life losers.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good name they look exactly like life sized baby doll shoes . alest all the baby type dolls that were out when i was a kid
Now honstly mabye women should were work boots nothing sexas about thous lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join