It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Was A Setup. Dems Wanted The Violence.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

The city issued a permit to Unite the Right to hold a protest. They could've denied the request if LE resources were unavailable or limited. This event failed so miserably because LE lost or never had control of the crowd.

The city did attempt to move the protest to a different location once it started becoming clear who was coming to protest the statue.

The "protest" organizers took them to court, with the help of the ACLU, and the court ruled that the city had to go ahead with the initial permit location.

More recently, Mr. Kessler became involved in the fight against renaming Lee Park — one reason for the “Unite the Right” rally this weekend. The rally was by far Mr. Kessler’s largest undertaking yet. Last week, he won an injunction in federal court against the city, which had voted to revoke a permit for the rally.

NY Times
edit on 14-8-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I know all about the ACLU they've been real active here in southern CO. So you better look out they typically get their way.

So when " it started becoming clear" it seems a bit odd the city would issue an order for LE to stand down? Is that the City's version of a protest or what?

edit on 8-14-2017 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

Whatever mr internet police.

I am not the subject of the conversation.

All I know is if I see someone with a weapon hurting another and there is no uniform on them, I can afford a time out in jail. I will go, dont know about them. In my cool story they always run away. Only version I ever knew.

But really, Come to the BX with their antifa sorry asses. It doesnt have to be anyone special.zhit, We got crack heads that can crack heads.

Dont show me a vanguard , polo shirt and school pants crew of boys. I go running in my steel toes person. I got braces for veins.

Have you ever even met a monster in person? They are out there. These fools and the others really aint going to stop everyone with a bike lock or a chain.

Ever been hit by one? A bat? But some little dick who hasnt either in a black hoodie is going to run a mob on innocent people?

In some peoples lives, people who dont go to rallies with a dorky little sign and retarded american gladiator gear, who can take a bat to the dome and have scars on many of their bones...to them this is all BS.

If they are bad men, why didnt anyone die killers?

Pirate flag waving, bandana hiding their face in case they need to run.

Where you all going to run? We on the same planet fools. You are stuck with us as we arent here with you.

Bottom line, everyone with a weapon drawn in anger can get a savage beat down for all I care.

Once you get one, you never want to dish it out on the undeserving.

Blood meets blood always.

edit on 8 14 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

My money would be on once violence breaks out, the "protest" can be ordered shut down and crowds dispersed with force. Though I would not discount it being some sort of protest by the city and state officials, either.

The alternative would've been law enforcement all over TV protecting a bunch of racists, and that's not an image that's going to be well received in the current climate.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I agree with the op that the dems wanted violence. In the aftermath, it's clear that is the case. I am surprised that more aren't talking about the possibility that Fields got spooked by the guy slamming something into the back of his car. He accelerated right after that. Fields was charged with murder but if he jumped on the gas because he was scared, that's not murder. It's involuntary manslaughter. It's very possible, but people don't want to believe it because they wanted some sort of intentional attack by some crazy right wing guy to happen to demonize the right. I don't agree with the group that guy was in but no American deserves to be punished for a crime they didn't commit. I'm not big on making threads but I wish someone would make a thread about a case for involuntary manslaughter.

If you try to remove your political bias and look at what happened logically, it's not clear at all that it was an intentional act.

1. Fields was apart of the rally. There was violence all day.
2. He saw the left attacking people. Not just pepper spray, real attacks intentionally trying to hurt people.
3. He drives up towards a crowd slowly with protesters moving towards the car looking like they were going to attack.
4. Someone slams the back of his car with something, creating a loud thud.
5. He accelerates after the thud and slams into the back of the car in front of him.
6. He backs the car up down the street away from the protesters.
7. There were morons running up the middle of the street, saying "hey stop that guy"
8. He doesn't take another pass at the crowd
9. Surrenders to the police without struggle.

If he was intentionally trying to hurt people he could have done a lot worse like driving faster into the crowd and not stopping next to them before accelerating. If he just wanted to hurt the anti protesters, why didn't he take another pass at those idiots running up the street toward him?

Was that loud thud right before he accelerated a coincidence because he was going to accelerate anyway? Or did he get spooked by the same group that were trying to hurt people earlier in the day, then panic and hit the gas?

If he truly panicked after his car was attacked and didn't intentionally try to hurt people, by law, that isn't murder. But involuntary manslaughter kind of takes some of the wind out of the sail of the retaliation efforts.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

originally posted by: Painterz
Nazi apologist.

Please stop trying to portray nazis and white supremacists as the real victims here, through selective video editing and propaganda.

Yeah but ANTIFA must be the good guys right? Leftist apologist.

See how easy I can turn the tables to make you look just as bad? I mean what is fair is fair and an eye for an eye. Until you all see that both sides are the problem. Nothing is going to get solved.

Antifa are an anarchist group. They don't target anyone or minority or population in particular.
White supremists are a hate group, they target anyone who isn't white. See the difference?

Political ideology vrs ethnic superiority complex.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Dfairlite

Demonstrators carrying symbols of Nazi Germany have urine thrown at them.

How terrible for them.

Agree. My heart aches for the poor, abused Nazis.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xenon129

You clearly know nothing about the events of the day. For one. He fled the car after the accident. That isn't "surrendering without a struggle". And he was going something like 40 mph. When he finally slammed into the two cars in front of him he moved them forward. Both of them. That takes some serious speed.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Get all your "virtue signalling" out in one post I guess.

Neither side was innocent here. UTR definitely reacted to the violence with violence.

Right, the neo-Nazis were only "reacting." Were they only "reacting" when they surrounded a small group of UVA protesters Friday night, wouldn't let them leave and closed in on them, resulting in a big brawl? And keep in mind, these weren't Black Block Antifa activists, these were mostly just college kids.

Neo Nazi's and the KKK are just as scummy as the fascists that make up ANTIFA and BLM.

What you're doing here is pretty clear: you'll admit that a bunch of Nazis congregating on a college town with torches, chanting Nazi slogans and running down innocent people in the street are bad — but ONLY in the context of painting the opposing groups as worse and blaming "the Left" and painting them as "victims" of a "Dem setup."

And, HUH?

Antifa aren't Democrats. By and large, they are anarchists. They don't vote Democrat because... they don't vote. They don't have any party affiliation. Meanwhile, the neo-Nazis not only vote, they can't stop talking about how they voted for Trump.

I don't support Antifa. I'm not an anarchist and I don't support people being violent political hooligans. But are they actually "just as scummy" as the KKK and neo-Nazis? No. As movements/groups go, how many Americans have been murdered by Antifa activists? Can you name one? How many Americans have been murdered by the KKK and neo-Nazi groups?

not all of the people who showed up to UTR were Naz's/KKK members. There's a reason they used the name 'unite the right' for their rally.

They called it "Unite the Right" because they're trying to mainstream Nazism and Nazi-like ideology. Perhaps you could give some estimate of what percentage in attendance weren't from Vanguard America, TWP, Identity Evropa, NSM, etc? Were the remainder Proud Boys?

ANTIFA showed up with bottles of cement, balloons with urine, tear gas, and smoke bombs. I wonder who planned and bankrolled that?

And what did the neo-Nazi scum show up with? Good intentions? Why do you continue to deny the role of these groups in violent clashes? They're not victims who are "reacting" to Antifa, these groups and the Antifa groups are showing up and mutually engaging in clashes.

They've been doing it all along while folks like you continue to ignore that across the line from the Antifa are neo-Nazis. You haven't denounced them, you're not doing it here and if you look around, there are posters on ATS who venerate these thugs as "patriots" and heroes. (Like Kyle Chapman aka "Based Stickman") Do you see a lot of Leftists on ATS venerating the bike-lock asshole? No.

Are you going to opine over who "planned and bankrolled" all of that?

This whole thing is a divide and conquer tactic and it's just such an interesting coincidence that this all happened on George Soros' birthday (Aug 12, 1930). It's a setup, people. Condemn the violence on both sides and they (TPTB) lose.

But of course. Soros! Soros! Soros! Because people don't engage in political violence unless... Soros! Because Soros? Amirite?

Clearly Bannon and Robert Mercer bankrolled the neo-Nazis. I don't have any proof of that but since we're just making baseless allegations, why not? Right?

Truth telling... in an ocean of deceit, is a real b*tch.

It's a straight up fact, that nazi knuckle draggers were protesting in Charlottesville.

However... it is probable that leftist demonstrators were provocative and were antagonistic... and maybe fomented violence.

Yes... protected speech is a bitch... when it is hateful or disgusting. Loving and kind rhetorical flourish requires no 1st Amendment protection, typically.

Remember... ANTIFA has labeled anyone who supported Trump as nazis (rank logical fallacy, to put it mildly)... and were more than willing to beat anyone who didn't agree with their radical resistance.

When they marched out the "punch a nazi" rhetoric... they were talking about anyone who supported Trump... regardless of anything else they stood for. Doesn't take a stretch of the imagination to think it probable the opportunity to punch a REAL nazi (...hey, they were labeled "Nazi" for gosh sakes) was irresistible... given how easy it was for them to attack people whose only identifying characteristic of "nazi" was between their own ANTIFA ears.

That's just a fact.

In the realm of facts... we CAN be disgusted by Nazi's (...for obvious reasons) AND suspicious of the motivations of those in positions of power to "never allow a crisis to go to waste."

IMHO... anyone who DOESN'T think there's a coordinated effort to vilify this president and those who support him (based on his campaign promises) in an effort to derail his presidency and distract the wholesale left from the crimes of the DNC stealing of an election... well, they are either naive... a liar... or an idiot... and COMPLETELY out of touch with American history of the last century.

I might add... if you think the spirit and tenor of those protesting "the oppression of whites" in Charlottesville last weekend was reasonable... stay the f**k off my lawn! I got no patience for ignorant dirtbags that want to blame an "other" for the fact that they were too stupid or lazy to get a life of their own ON their own.

Man up... your problems in life aren't because of another "race"... your problem is looking back in the mirror at you when you brush your teeth.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

Man up... your problems in life aren't because of another "race"... your problem is looking back in the mirror at you when you brush your teeth.

Great advice.

Now if you could just convince the BLM, almost all of academia, the MSM and the Democratic party we might finally get somewhere.
edit on 14-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Antifa are an anarchist group.

incorrect, it's a shortened term for anti fascist and covers anyone anti fascist.
stormfront introduced the term when they rebranded neo-nazi to alt-right, they couldn't throw derogatory terms like jew, black, homosexual under their new moniker.
breitbart being way off to the right and readers with a low attention span picked up on the term and it took off.
it's been interesting to see the media readily pick up on on far right catchphrases.

the fact people now believe being an anti fascist is a bad thing, as seen on this thread, was probably not even on the radar when the term was coined.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler
a reply to: strongfp

the fact people now believe being an anti fascist is a bad thing, as seen on this thread, was probably not even on the radar when the term was coined.

No people think that rioting, attacking innocent people and silencing any opinion that disagrees with yours is a bad thing.

It doesn't matter what you call yourself whilee you do that.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

And it really bugs the sh*t out of me that they called it a “Unite the Right” rally.

Now, all conservatives are unfairly swept up in this!

I am an independent (and all over the board depending on the policy), but if I identified as a conservative/Republican....I would be pissed off about that name "Unite the Right" and insist that the entire 'right' not be maligned by protests, like this.

How would liberals/leftists feel if there was a 'Unite the Left' protest and white supremacists/neo-nazis were representing them? They wouldn't like it!

It always sucks when sh*tty people identify with a label you identify with.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: growler

...right... anti-fascist... which in this case includes breaking windows, burning buildings... and beating down ayone who doesn't agree with their "inclusive open minded" ideas of how to do things.

Under your definitions of who and what these folks are, Growler... the Brown Shirts were "anti-fascists". Which... I hope you realize, is just not so.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DfairliteHate manifests itself in many ways, including race, color and creed. Hate is hate. Its up to us, "we the people" to show "the government", "the deep state", "republicans and democrats" and whoever else is hell-bent on dividing this country that it wont work. Wake up people!! "They " are succeeding in dividing us! Politicians and the MSN are the race baiters, they are the ones doing their best to create racial division in this country. Who among them is talking about healing? Its all about amplifying the minority hate groups to perpetuate the lie of racial division. We can show them.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

And it really bugs the sh*t out of me that they called it a “Unite the Right” rally.

Now, all conservatives are unfairly swept up in this!

I am an independent (and all over the board depending on the policy), but if I identified as a conservative/Republican....I would be pissed off about that name "Unite the Right" and insist that the entire 'right' not be maligned by protests, like this.

How would liberals/leftists feel if there was a 'Unite the Left' protest and white supremacists/neo-nazis were representing them? They wouldn't like it!

It always sucks when sh*tty people identify with a label you identify with.

Pretty clever across the board, IMO... they get their dumb f*** 15 minutes of fame... and the media gets another angle to play into endless repetition, now that it has been determined the "DNC hack" was not a hack at all, but an insider leak.

Neo-nazi's have no message or strategy, other than racial/ethnic hatred... so their only currency is sensational media. I mean... what do they have to sell? Nothing... not even nothing... so the best they can do to boost their egos and hide the fact of their tiny "pee pee" (okay... I'm being trite... so sue me) is news media coverage.
edit on 14-8-2017 by dasman888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: dasman888

Great advice.

Now if you could just convince the BLM, almost all of academia, the MSM and the Democratic party we might finally get somewhere.

...well, I sure won't hold my breath for that.

So long as Americans of whatever background remain ideologically entranced by the Bread and Circus of party politics... that scheme is certainly getting cracks in it... but look at what the power players, TPTB... are doing as a result of losing control of their scheme and the TPP, no way to tell where this goes next.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
Oh right, reading comprehension, I forgot....

you wanting to play cute about your biased, twisted sources has nothing to with my reading comprehension, and everything to do with you trying to appear credible-- which ya don't.
edit on 14-8-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Both sides suck, but for some reason, many in the media and politics only want to condemn one side.

I wonder why that is?

Because ONE side drove a car into the other killing 3 people (including two police officers). Last I checked vehicular manslaughter is illegal and wrong. The other side is still sporting a 0 kill count.

You say that as if this is all just a spectator sport and you're over there keeping score. And you're not the only one...I just happened to reply to your post.Madness. This is utter f*cking lunacy. There is no competition here, for the love of all that is holy. People are losing their lives over this relentless stupidity. We're supposed to be on the same goddamned team here.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Both sides suck, but for some reason, many in the media and politics only want to condemn one side.

I wonder why that is?

Because ONE side drove a car into the other killing 3 people (including two police officers). Last I checked vehicular manslaughter is illegal and wrong. The other side is still sporting a 0 kill count.

You say that as if this is all just a spectator sport and you're over there keeping score. And you're not the only one...I just happened to reply to your post.Madness. This is utter f*cking lunacy. There is no competition here, for the love of all that is holy. People are losing their lives over this relentless stupidity. We're supposed to be on the same goddamned team here.

I'm just #ing tired of the left being blamed for literally everything that happens in this country. A nazi runs over a bunch of protestors in a car and we are sitting here trying to hold both sides equally responsible when clearly one side behaved worse than the other. This thread is an example of such things. So I don't care about your exasperation here. I'm #ing pissed today.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join