It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS hacks the Daily Stormer website

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Anonymous have taken over the world’s most notorious Nazi website, following clashes with white nationalists over the weekend that left one anti-fascist protestor dead.

The hacking group said that the site was now under its control and that it would stop it posting “putrid hate”. It also suggested that it will release data that had been taken as part of the attack, as well as suggesting it could conduct attacks on its leader.

The site is to remain online for 24 hours “so the world can witness the hate”, the group said. After that it will be shut down forever, they claimed.

ANONYMOUS hacks the Daily Stormer website

I found this on several sites and went to look at the Daily Stormer and there is indeed a front page saying that ANONYMOUS has taken it over and intends to shut it down permanently. Stomer had done a very nasty troll-parody article smearing the name of Heather Heyer (the woman killed by the car attack) and this was the response from Anonymous.

I found this rather interesting because Anonymous is mostly bark ("muahaha we're coming for you muahahah") and not bite.

This follows on the heels of Godaddy's decision to remove their IP hosting for exactly the same reason (in other words, erasing their address of the Internet. They did not censor content and you can for now find it. Once they remove the IP from their tables, the only way to get to the site is to know the IP address (a string of numbers like 128.128.5.56... and that is NOT it, let me tell you.)

Anonymous (via Twitter) says it wasn't involved

In any case, Stormer has lost its IP hosting and has a "muahahah we're coming for you" post on its front page.

Interesting times.... interesting times.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Anonymous (via Twitter where a lot of this is now being played out) suggests that it's something by the Daily Stormer that will later be ret-conned to say the Jews caused it. According to Anonymous, the Daily Stormer is now having trouble finding anyone willing to host them.

The revolution may not be televised, but it will be Tweeted.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I knew this was coming, although I suspect /pol/ maybe in on this, good on them.

Who in their right mind would prosecute these hackers?
edit on 14-8-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Anonymous (via Twitter) says it wasn't involved

well, there's no 'official' anonymous

but that is hilarious

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Appears to be that their real articles have been left up. Everyone should be attentive to what these POSs put on their site. They are shaming the woman killed. This is beyond sick.

Anyone who supports that needs to wake the hell up. Guess what Richard Spender, and his ilk such as that site don't like you either. You are pawns in their game that will tear apart Trump's administration being associated with that. It's a game orchestrated to do such. Actually to them, this is you:

a reply to: rexsblues

I checked the site in the OP earlier and even /pol to see what was going on, on that side. Pol has denouncing of these Neo Nazis from Trump support, they are very right, so could be them but haven't seen any claims but Anon as of yet?
edit on 14-8-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I am not sure how I feel about this. I don't like seeing people lose their ability to speak their mind even if I don't like the message. It is sort of fascist to shut down someone's site.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I am not sure how I feel about this. I don't like seeing people lose their ability to speak their mind even if I don't like the message. It is sort of fascist to shut down someone's site.

Also when people post this stuff it allows others to see who they really are, I thinks its good these people have somewhere they can out themselves, otherwise they would hide it and we would never know.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if the site owner did this, or if it's legit.

I personally find the site and the people there distasteful, but I really don't like what I'm seeing. Remember what site you're on. There have been a LOT of crazy ass posts here.

At the end of the day it's up to Godaddy, but I sure hope this doesn't start a chain reaction where webhosts are harassed until they ban anything that goes against a certain groups idea of what's acceptable.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

It's no secret that many of the traditional veteran anons have migrated to pol. These days anybody right of Stalin is 'very right', that's why Pepe came to be and it's the running joke people are still oblivious to.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I, like most if not all of you never heard of this site until now. So with anyone in anonymous hacking them we shall see.

I believe the people of that site made this up for the attention that they are now getting.

With this very thread. I bet they have had more traffic come through their site then they have had in years.
edit on 14-8-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Having no problem with what happened at the event? The killer was shutting down free speech during the counter protest.

So a hate filled, anti-white protester was killed? Too bad.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The victim wasn't anti white, she wasn't Antifa and other # these sites are spewing such as the Daily Stormer. Nor was ANYONE attacking the car before it rammed into them.

Dangerous speech talk by these hate sites are causing people like the killer to act. He adored Nazis as well as the group-they denied he was part of- that he was dressing as for the event.

You do know why a lot of these sties, specially Stormfront are left around right? They are HoneyPots, caught so many damn Washington and North Idaho Nazis before they killed people and that's a good thing that they were caught of course. They are hardly left around for free speech. Europe has banned many White identity sites, US not so much because it's a good monitoring point.

When it crosses over into brainwashing gullible people(such as the killer), that don't associate themselves with White Supremacy(the killer did though), with their rhetoric there's a bigger problem.

edit on 14-8-2017 by dreamingawake because: quote not working?

edit on 14-8-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

if it was the government shutting them down for speaking their minds then yea that's kiiinda getting close to fascist behaviour, in a sense, but i really feel like that's kinda missing the point.
as it was a private individual/s i'm gonna exercise my right to free speech and applaud anyone that silences the abhorrent vitriol of actual real life NAZIS

kinda can't believe we're actually having dialogue like this in 2017 what would our grandparents think

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

This is news in all the UK media outlets too. I'll go out on a limb and say traffic to the site will be at record levels because of this possible hack. The DS could attract new followers from people who agree with what they are selling. Lots of sympathetic people will feel sorry for The DS. On that basis, it'll take the '24 hours' to find out if it's a clever way of getting free promotion. I know they've been working on a platform to make real money from so there's an angle too.

There's also the growing message that freedom of speech comes without responsibility. It goes that you can say or post whatever you like and the other party can suck it up and stop being a snowflake. Well, isn't writing messages on other people's websites 'freedom of speech?' Hacking is the free expression of someone's right to voice their opinion.

Maybe it's A-OK to make websites promoting hatred of non-whites and just as fine for people to hack them. Backward times imo.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

It looks like what has actually happened here is that GoDaddy contacted Anglin and told him that he had to move his site because he was in violation of ToS and he faked a hack.

GoDaddy Tweet:

GoDaddy‏ Verified account @GoDaddy

Replying to @Amy_Siskind

We informed The Daily Stormer that they have 24 hours to move the domain to another provider, as they have violated our terms of service.

11:24 PM - 13 Aug 2017

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I am absolutely positive how I feel about this.

They are Nazis. They surrendered on May 7th, 1945, unconditionally. As far as I'm concerned, anybody giving a Nazi salute, wearing Nazi-related regalia, or otherwise resurrecting white nationalist Nazi ideology, is breaking that surrender.

I don't think we ever cared if they were allowed to talk in WW2 and I don't think we should care now.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

well that's lack-luster, I was kinda wantin a underground citizen org to be responisible.

wonder why they didn't shut it down sooner, I'm willin to bet their TOS violations predate this latest incident.
edit on 14-8-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Oh, okay they want to drum up the victim card, when they are responsible for violations, to deceive their followers. Figures as much, bet they opened funds accounts too for when it's shut down. Hopefully if people do go there they won't be suckered in by their own preconceived notions to believe that garbage.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Honestly, given your posts over the recent threads you should just come out as a Nazi-sympathiser, its clear to all.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

They dgaf earlier. People started complaining en masse and they reacted.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Honestly, given your posts over the recent threads you should just come out as a Nazi-sympathiser, its clear to all.

By your logic, anything deemed not suited to societies standards could be erased just as easily. Everyone should have their right to remain ignorant and stupid if they so choose to be. No one should be forced to conform to society because some group of people don't like it. As long as there is no imminent threat to life and limb, social justice is wrong and a part of fascism the very thing you are against.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join