It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train like tracks on Mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: Crumbles

I found the whole video quite intriguing.

Nice find.

Open mind here,

kind regards,

bally

My mind is open enough to consider that some weird-looking things have mundane explanations, rather than blindly thinking that weird-looking things NEED to have non-mundane explanations.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

The "tracks" appear to be some photo or mosaic problem, the "vehicle" is a crater, visible in that place in other images.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
marq-tran.com...

Must be similar, must be they have different tires up there. Just one letter per word off.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Looks like the definitions in the pictures are all of differing quality, as well as stitched together. You need to go the the NASA site and garner the individual pictures, that'll take awhile. Anyway this is quite an old picture of scrutiny, and not new, and someone might pop in who has already sussed it all out here.

In edit, never mind, ArMap is showing what I was talking about.
edit on 14-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I found the original photo.

It's photo 611A08, from Viking Orbiter 1, as you can see here.

That photo has some flaws on two sides, and you can see on Google Earth that the other flaws are also present (I don't know if they included those in the video, I watched only enough to get the area's coordinates).

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Another indication that these might not be actual "train tracks" is that they don't seem to come from anywhere significant or go to anywhere of interest. Most roads and tracks on Earth don't just start nowhere and end nowhere. Even if they've been torn out, the roadbed is still there.

I guess Martians didn't live in cities near lakes and rivers, like we do on Earth.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is stupid Believe me when I say If and when Humans find aliens there will be no question as to what they are .
Yes its just were two photos were put together as you can see in the full image .

You know I would love for mars to have had advanced life up to Human leaves even .
But even if there were very very unlikely they would follow a path so close to what humans have done .
Trains plans and autos even buildings .
Just look how different people here on earth build things even .

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Pretty sure this was covered on ATS a bit ago, but what they hell here goes again.

The 'tracks' are image joins. Here are some nearby:

and here is Chandrayaan's view of the area - no tracks:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
The 'tracks' are image joins.

No, the original images already have those marks, as you can see in the photo I posted above.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
The biggest problem by far I have with these "Hey I found earthly object A or creature B on planet C" is;
the scale is WAAAY of. That 'traintrack' line is YUUUGE. Those black dots are about a 1 mile long. That white vehicle of yours is 2 miles long and 1.5 miles wide.
Yet the entire track(which mysteriously ends at the end of the frame) is only 130 miles long!

A 2 mile long train running on 130 miles of track? No

Who cares if it's huge? What does that have to do with anything? Maybe they want to haul huge amounts of material and have the means to construct and utilize giant machinery.

Maybe the track is much much longer than 130mi. Perhaps the great majority of it is, by necessity, due to winds and more, located underground. Who knows?

Or, maybe its the stitching. See, they didn't have photoshop back during some of these earlier mars missions. They literally had to stitch the images together with thread.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

You're right, bad choice of words on my part. However the tracks are an artifact on the image and not a feature on the ground. Probably a drop-out in transmission.

Here's the thread I posted my images in a few months ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Huh you can see where 2 images meet in every part of mars. Cutting 2 together it would act this way through out the landscape.

Sometimes you can't see the splices. Sometimes you can. It is just the way they do it.

NASA=Always a convenient answer.
They have already tried that, and passed it on to the masses.

The axle with wheels on each side cannot be natural. I remember that one. I have found an electric motor on mars way back a while ago. It has visible wiring and cooling vents in a symmetrical design like motors have.

Not sure about the train tracks, but there are a lot of things that have been shown in Mars images that are still unexplained.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Not sure about the train tracks, but there are a lot of things that have been shown in Mars images that are still unexplained.

They've been explained, you just didn't like the explanation.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

They've been explained, you just didn't like the explanation.

Wrong, I'm not inclined to simply like a particular explanation or dislike them. I see patterns in explanations. Patterns are always included in most all officially endorsed explanations which reveal things like intent and direction. I doubt you would have a clue about what I'm talking about though.

I do find your response somewhat entertaining though!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I have found an electric motor on mars way back a while ago. It has visible wiring and cooling vents in a symmetrical design like motors have.

How can you see wires with all those JPEG artefacts? The wires would be smaller than a pixel on the original image.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Who cares if it's huge? What does that have to do with anything? Maybe they want to haul huge amounts of material and have the means to construct and utilize giant machinery.

Maybe the track is much much longer than 130mi. Perhaps the great majority of it is, by necessity, due to winds and more, located underground. Who knows?

Or, maybe its the stitching. See, they didn't have photoshop back during some of these earlier mars missions. They literally had to stitch the images together with thread.

The scale is interesting only because it's human nature to try and recognize familiar shapes and patterns. The same is true about these so called animals and other objects that get identified on the surface.
The amount of surface erosion over eons will just pound everything into dust, to reason that fragile lifeforms still have their original outline for us to recognize is just silly. Not to mention the fact that extraterrestrial lifeforms will probably not be so recognizeable at all.

Maybe they want to haul huge amounts?
Well I'm sorry but that's just caveman logic on your part. Once you can travel the stars you're done hauling #. You make # haul itself

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I agree.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Aliens living on Mars can make any surface features to make them interesting for us. It means, that trains will operate on Mars in the future.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Corey Goode I think spoke of a train ride on Mars, Tony Rodrigues did too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join