It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by GAZROK:
There is NO dispute that the event occurred, it's a matter of historic fact. (...) NO need to prove they were shooting at all. That's like asking me to prove the A-Bombs were dropped on Japan. (...)
various reliable (...) sites have referenced the memo and even skeptic sites all do not dispute this. (...) CUFON (Computer UFO Network) received it back in '86 as part of their requested files.
There are no space aliens visiting Earth in ships. See the problem here?
Originally posted by Gazrok
You mean aside from using an opinion as a logical fact?
I suppose your overweight ghost theory has just as much of a chance, though I'm unsure as to whether ghosts routinely show up on radar...
1. Numerous objects tracked on radar.
2. The objects weren't of any branch of the service.
3. Blackouts ordered, spotlights up.
4. Numerous gun crews sight objects, and fire over 1400 rounds...with various crews sighting various numbers of objects at various intervals.
5. Numerous crews confirming direct hits.
6. No objects downed.
7. Numerous civilians, including press, see the objects.
8. Press coverage, official military statement, all confirming the event, and unknown nature of the objects.
9. The government has two official and conflicting stances.
a. the objects were enemy planes or civilian planes used by enemy agents - though no bombs were dropped and none of these planes were downed. Also, no enemy carrier or sub was found, and no civilian planes reported as missing.
b. it was all war jitters - except that jitters don't register on radar, nor are they sighted by so many witnesses, especially trained gunners, and jitters wouldn't have lasted for an hour....if firing at nothing, this would have been apparent fairly quickly.
10. The cold, logical conclusion is that numerous unidentified objects were able to trigger our defenses, stay over our cities for an hour, get fired upon and hit by AAA fire, and then leave without loss. As to what these objects origin was, who knows, but they seem to defy characteristics of known terrestrial powers either at the time, or indeed since, so what then, can we conclude?
Show me hard proof it isn't a fact? You can't, that's the unfortunate thing.
Ahh..but I said "logical fact", not proven fact, hehe...
but so far, every conceivable earthly explanation seems to fail to fit the circumstances convincingly
Oh and one more thing , the use of a blimp in the re-enactments is some what suggestive that there truly was a large object involved.