It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battle of LA - Army Fires on UFO in 1942

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Gaz, have you ever considered wrting a book about the less covered UFO ncidents? This would seem like the perfect one to start with, as it can be easily verifed. Put togeether a few sample chapters and you might even get a publishing house to fund some of your research and a trip to LA, through an advance.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Can't afford to quit my day job, hehe...

With this Roswell research lately (a hobby), etc. though, I've strongly considered it... Who knows, I just might do that...albeit in "free" time, whatever that is...(oh yeah, that's when I'm usually here, hehe....)

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It seems t me that you have enough information to do so, and we know there is a definate market for this type of research, hell maybe you can quit your dayjob.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I did not realize that was all the military had. I thought they might of had more. As for gazrok releasing a book I say go for it. What have you got to lose? (besides money
). I do not see many books on this sort of topic anymore, seems the nets really killed it.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Who knows...I just might write one, even if just a freebie netbook or something....

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Who knows...I just might write one, even if just a freebie netbook or something....

( I know I should be shot
)

Any word on that photographer yet? I don't really want to let this one drop until we look into that.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
No, nothing back from The LA Times archives office yet...

Apparently some analysis was done on a print a "Frank Warren" obtained from the original negative from the LA Times, and also analyzed by Bruce Macabee...

brumac.8k.com...

If I did do such a book, I was thinking of this for the back of the book jacket...what do you think? Would you buy it?

Five years before Kenneth Arnold’s sighting would lead to the term “flying saucers”, and even before the US Army would announce that they had captured a flying disc near Roswell, NM…a truly amazing event happened…the US Army open fired on a seemingly indestructible UFO over the streets of LA!

An incredible claim to be sure, and yet an easily verified one! The event occurred on the night of February 25th, 1942, in and around Los Angeles, CA. It was World War II, and the citizens of the west coast were still reeling from Japan’s attack on Pearl Harbor, just weeks prior. Another attack, this time on the western coast of the continental US, seemed all but assured, and tensions were high with anticipation and fear.

No one felt this tension more than those in the Army’s 37th Coastal Artillery Brigade in Los Angeles. Radar had detected an incoming, and confidence was high that this was the expected Japanese attack! The air raid sirens blared, volunteer air raid warrens reported for duty, and the town was blacked out to make targets difficult for Japanese bombers. But, when the searchlights lit up the sky, it was no Japanese bomber that was to be seen…it was something quite unexpected, and according to numerous witnesses and it’s seeming imperviousness to the numerous anti-aircraft rounds fired at it, something not of this world….

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That bad huh?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
If I did do such a book, I was thinking of this for the back of the book jacket...what do you think? Would you buy it?

Five years before Kenneth Arnold’s sighting would lead to the term “flying saucers”, and even before the US Army would announce that they had captured a flying disc near Roswell, NM…a truly amazing event happened…the US Army open fired on a seemingly indestructible UFO over the streets of LA!

An incredible claim to be sure, and yet an easily verified one! The event occurred on the night of February 25th, 1942, in and around Los Angeles, CA. It was World War II, and the citizens of the west coast were still reeling from Japan’s attack on Pearl Harbor, just weeks prior. Another attack, this time on the western coast of the continental US, seemed all but assured, and tensions were high with anticipation and fear.

No one felt this tension more than those in the Army’s 37th Coastal Artillery Brigade in Los Angeles. Radar had detected an incoming, and confidence was high that this was the expected Japanese attack! The air raid sirens blared, volunteer air raid warrens reported for duty, and the town was blacked out to make targets difficult for Japanese bombers. But, when the searchlights lit up the sky, it was no Japanese bomber that was to be seen…it was something quite unexpected, and according to numerous witnesses and it’s seeming imperviousness to the numerous anti-aircraft rounds fired at it, something not of this world….

That's perfect Gaz and I'm not just saying it to be nice.

If I'd never heard of the event before and I saw a cover with that picture and that description I'd have to buy it believing it to be so outrages I'd need to learn about it to know for sure.

It really would be a great book as well if you could find the time and resources to really put the leg work in, I'd love to myself...

Thanks for the link to the photo analysis as well.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I think its a very excited description of the event. The US Army excited that they may be able to get there payback on the Jap bombers, they black the town, mount there gun turrents and wait.... Jap sited! TURN ON THE BEAMS!!! WTF IS THAT!!!! SHOOT IT ANYWAY!!!

I'd buy it no worrys. As I said I have never heard of this event untill I saw it here so I would buy to become more informed. Go for it.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Gaz I think that was an excellent back cover summary.
More to the point the number of UFO related books which approach the subject from a critical and realstic angle is sadly small. As this is an easily verified incident, and one that is unknown to most I happen to think a book like this would be as well if not better receved than the book which broke roswell open.
Is gaz the next freidman?

BTW if you need any help in writing let me know, I'm probably not going to be able to help uch with the research but on occasion I can come up with an elegant use of the written word.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Thanks all...

Is gaz the next freidman?

If only I had his credentials!!! I'm just an average Joe, hehe....

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just an FYI, e-mailed several of the people in the Photography department of the LA Times directly, so maybe I'll get an answer that way...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I just got around to reading this, sorry I'm a little slow.

I doub't we would ever have another event like this is because of what happened. No alien in there right mind will ever go back to LA.

Yeah, we really showed them.

I could see back then, they didn't know what they were dealing with. But even today mass sightings still don't make headline news. Take the Mexican Eclipse event, thousands of witnesses, several video tapes, and people still don't take this subject seriously.

Off topic, the movie 1941 was based on this event, but didn't have any UFO's. But the movie is a classic, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

Nice work Gazrok
Can I put in a request? If you do anymore threads like this, can you maybe do the Holloman AFB event? I've seen you mention it before, and can't find much material on it. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That's because there ISN'T much info on it... The only info about such a meeting comes from witnesses, and that's about it. Might be a good topic though, just to see how deep the rabbit hole goes in that regard... To be honest, theres a lot to be suspect of regarding it, but would be amazing if true. (and frightening)

I could see back then, they didn't know what they were dealing with. But even today mass sightings still don't make headline news.

I'm not so sure....the Phoenix Lights case would seem to be another such mass sighting, though not nearly as spectacular, and certainly made the headlines...

What I like about the LA case though, is the same as what I like about Roswell...

1. Official Press Coverage.
2. Statements by Military Officers
3. Numerous Witnesses
4. Government Documentation and Acknowledgement of the Event

Yet we also have

1. Reliable Photographic Evidence (from the Press)
2. Official Statements of Radar Returns
3. Defensive Reaction and Shots Fired!
4. The Government is still at a loss to explain it and could only come up with "war jitters" despite the fact that "jitters" wouldn't show up on film..

It's a very remarkable case....

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You forgot one other important thing. There were casualties...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I guess we can add "war jitters" to the list of official explanations like, weather balloons, swamp gas, and lighthouse refractions.

I think you guys may be on the right lead, if you find the photographer, he may have additional unpublished photos. Although, it is unlikely that they would not be released by now.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
A good point... I didn't list is as it wasn't something I LIKED about the case, but it is an important thing to remember....(casualties)

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wish this happend again today so that poeple would actually care

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
sorry hit the button twice
[edit on 11-3-2005 by mc_killa]

[edit on 11-3-2005 by mc_killa]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join