It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers drag 7 yo autistic boy through school in shocking video

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Quite frankly, it didn't look as if the child was being mistreated. He wasn't being harmed, I didn't see tons of students pointing and laughing nor teachers hissing and booing. So, the mistreatment here is what is missing. Sometimes children are just impossible to get to go somewhere and have tantrums or stubborn moments. Physically moving them may be the only option. Was he drug? Yes. But it appears maybe one of the teachers was tired of carrying her half. The dragging wasn't violent or abusive. He didn't appear to be in pain. I just don't see any wrong here.

I hope the teachers aren't punished but instead the school makes sure protocols are in place to deal with these types of situations and they are followed. With autism on the rise and at such varying degrees, it's very difficult for teachers these days.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
As a teacher myself, this gets me furious. Autism is not a free pass for children to do as they please. Unfortunately, we have our hands tied behind our back and because of that. The quality of teaching has gone down. Nowadays, everyone is afraid to say something or do something for fear of being put in the situation these teacher are on.

I guarantee that the kid's parents had been called in more than one occasion. Nothing gets done though, by the parents or administrators

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brometheus
As a teacher myself, this gets me furious. Autism is not a free pass for children to do as they please. Unfortunately, we have our hands tied behind our back and because of that. The quality of teaching has gone down. Nowadays, everyone is afraid to say something or do something for fear of being put in the situation these teacher are on.

I guarantee that the kid's parents had been called in more than one occasion. Nothing gets done though, by the parents or administrators

That's not entirely fair either.

IN some ways we were those parents last year. We had learning disabilities crop up literally out of the blue last year that none of the previous teachers who had worked with our kid had even hinted were there. All of a sudden, we have a kid who pokes holes in his own clothing, refuses to do what the teacher says, doesn't do his work, has at least one emotional meltdown (crying, no more than that but still) per week, etc. Clearly, there was something very, very wrong all of a sudden, but the school had no services, and we had no idea what was going on.

We spent a year in OT with handwriting difficulties, disciplined him at home endlessly with no changes, sought just about every avenue we could think, but there was no one who had any appointments anytime soon that would do any good.

It took us well over a month just to even get a return phone call from one behavioral place after two physician'r referrals, several of our own phone calls, and finally sending a personal letter with the wife of my husband's colleague from work who worked in a connected department and could physically put the letter in the hand of someone there.

In the end, we had to opt for a phone consultation with a group out of state, and we're again traveling out of state in a few weeks for an audiology assessment.

But the school year that caused all the problems is already done, and by the end of it, our child was regularly wishing he was dead and the teacher was pretty well done dealing with him. And it wasn't like we weren't doing everything in our power as parents to find a remedy for the situation and we certainly weren't ignoring it at home either.

<< 1  2   >>

join