It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers drag 7 yo autistic boy through school in shocking video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I think the issue here is that they were dragging him by one leg while his head dragged against the ground. That doesn't seem particularly safe to me. If they weren't strong enough to pick him up in a bear hug and carry him where he needed to go, he probably should not be in their classroom.
edit on 14-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I am horrified there are people attempting to justify this behaviour from teachers that have a duty of care to the children they teach , unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Don't resist and you won't get beat. -- works for most videos of mistreatment.

You don't treat a 7 yr old that way. If that were my son, no matter what he did, I'd be after blood. And don't come at me with "What if it was your kid he was nah nah nah..." well it's still the schools responsibility to treat ALL OF OUR children as they are trained to. Not drag them by the damn feet around the place.

I remember a story where a preschool teacher tied one of her students up because they were unruly. Is this a lack of discipline on behalf of the child, or the god damn adult?

fml

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I agree. Would I want my child bitten and kicked by this kid with problems? I totally believe those teachers were trying to protect the other children-he had already hurt some of the children, his victims? Where are their rights? Why couldn't those victims sue the school and the parents of this aggressive child? This situation makes no sense. The video showed no abuse-except to the children outside he had abused and how he treated the teachers trying keep him from hurting others and themselves. No common sense in attacking the teachers.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
A good friend of mine has 2 autistic children from his 5 , His girl of 9 is a handful a t school and home many times he is called to school to controll her after an outburst, which has seen a classroom get trashed ?.

He is a very fit guy always at the gym but i have lost count of the times he has told me his little girl of 9 has gone loco and had to be restrained for hours by both him and his wife leaving both of them exhausted by it and that is a girl of 9

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

have a duty of care to the children they teach

Do you think this kid was in a classroom by himself? They have a duty to the other students too. The situation is sad, but I'd like to see someone come up with a better solution.

Yeah, it wasn't ideal. Then again I have no idea why violent autistic children are put in normal schools. Teachers should be within their rights to restrain these kids if they are going to harm teachers, other students or themselves.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Do you think this kid was in a classroom by himself? They have a duty to the other students too. The situation is sad, but I'd like to see someone come up with a better solution.

Yeah, it wasn't ideal. Then again I have no idea why violent autistic children are put in normal schools. Teachers should be within their rights to restrain these kids if they are going to harm teachers, other students or themselves.

I think it comes down to parental responsibility , the kid being violent and autistic needs special care, whether that's done by home schooling or perhaps an institution that has specific skills to deal with kids in that way.

Leaving a kid like that in a normal public school environment is a disaster waiting to happen, its not fair on the other kids or the teachers. With that said the teachers have a duty of care to those kids and that duty of care does not involve being dragged through hallways.

The school should have had that kids parents in to try and find a solution long before it got to what we saw in that vid, from where I sit both the parents and the school have handled this really badly.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

you know back in my day autistic and mentally handicapped children responded to fire on that ass just like normal / healthy kids.
and when they didn't, just like normal / healthy kids they were shown the door.
edit on 14-8-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Tasers should be mandatory. And zip ties. and when worse comes to worst, lethal force. Teach them 7 year olds that they aint gonna get away with tantrums.

Parents should be given the right to just deposit their naughty kids in vats of acid too, while we're at it.

to hell with those super violent 7 year olds.

edit on 14/8/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Tasers should be mandatory. And zip ties. and when worse comes to worst, lethal force. Teach them 7 year olds that they aint gonna get away with tantrums.

Parents should be given the right to just deposit their naughty kids in vats of acid too, while we're at it.

to hell with those super violent 7 year olds.

Exaggerate much?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If the school was proactive they would have gotten him a smaller version of Hannibal Lectors getup from Silence of the Lambs. He would have been so bad ass with that face guard.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sold out.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Parents of the friggin year.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The kid does, but where are the parents going to find the money for the private schooling to manage it?

Facilities like that run as much or more per year in tuition than the public school sucks in per child.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The kid does, but where are the parents going to find the money for the private schooling to manage it?

Facilities like that run as much or more per year in tuition than the public school sucks in per child.

The place where my sister works [ social work ] £ 5000 per WEEK =6500 $ , here in the uk all public money spent has been cut by 30-50% so far and school budgets are no exception my friend has to pay for extra care and his children are in a normal school as autism is now so normal , it is not going to be considered a disability much longer here , but yes these kids should be in a special small class and not a class of 30 or more .

I was talking on the phone to him earlier tonight and told him of this video , his reply happened to his son a few times

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There is no easy fix.

What other choice is there ?. Life is hard, being a parent is really hard, being a parent to a child with serious problems is really really really hard.

AS a parent my job is to do whatever it takes, as we can see in some cases parents do not have what it takes and that sux for the kids and anyone else that has to deal with them.

I take this a bit personally...

I am a single dad with a 7 year old, I have no help or support at all, I have had to make major changes and sacrifices in my life to make my boys life better, he literally has no one else.

Although he is not on the autism spectrum thank god, he has major trauma issues and quite bad adhd. I have spent the last 3 years of my life doing whatever it takes, I have worked and worked and worked on him, I have spent countless hours . I take care to only feed good natural foods without preservatives and colorings, I have no life other than spending it with him at the moment, he watches maybe 3-4 hours a week of tv, when he is not having quiet time I do stuff with him.

He has gone from an angry child who would eat barely anything and all he wanted to do was watch tv, into a happier growing child who can now read, ride his bike, swim, remain calm, and all the other good stuff, while it remains challenging and there are hiccups the change is incredible and well worth, he will be all going well a happy productive caring member of society and I am proud of that.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
That does not seem so shocking too me. The boy chose of his own accord to make the experience a difficult one. Autism or not, this boy is at fault for being a jackass.

My brats are all yes sir no sir yes mam no maam. Please, may I, and Thank you. Four of the five, and the fourteen month old is falling in line. I hope none of them ever catch Autism.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This problem is caused by special needs kids being placed into schools which they do not belong. This causes a huge distraction and deterioration of other children's education, which government has no problem with. Address the problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sold out.

Be careful or that pic will end up in a thread about pizza.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Congratulations

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join