It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers drag 7 yo autistic boy through school in shocking video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Education at it's finest on display in a video showing 2 "teachers" (1 "real" and one "aide" with college degrees too !) dragging a young boy student.

Seems he was "unruly" and needed to be controlled.

Apparently the 2 gems are on suspension and the District Attorney might have to take a 2nd look at charging them.

Lawyers and maybe Union reps on the scene.

Teachers drag 7 yo autistic boy through school in shocking video

Two teachers are facing disciplinary action after they were caught dragging a seven-year-old autistic boy by the legs in school surveillance footage.
Corbin Kemle was reportedly misbehaving on the playground before the incident occurred at Crestline Elementary School in Ohio in May.

His mother, Bonnie McKean, released footage of the incident on Thursday, after the county prosecutor decided against pursuing felony charges on Wednesday.

McKean said she was “speechless” after watching the video of her son being dragged through the school.

Punch Line:

"Resigning is a possibility," Mullens said. "Usually it’s an absence from the classroom, whether it's permanent or temporary."

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Where is the video of the Boy hitting, kicking and biting..?

They didn't have cameras in that area?

If he was being violent, I have no issues with how the Teachers handled it. A couple decades back, probably would have gotten smacked regardless of the Autism.

edit on 13-8-2017 by BestinShow because: Kill an "I" add a "o"

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What was the little angel doing? Oh he was being violent.

In May, McKean received a call that her son Corbin couldn’t stay at school as he was “having a rough day and was hitting, kicking and biting his teachers,” McKean told RT.

I guess the school should have tasers and call the police?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If the kid is regularly that violent, why is he mainstreamed? He should be in an environment where they can handle him more intensively so he never or very seldom gets to that pitch. If the regular classroom can cause him to lash out regularly like that, even if he is cognitively capable or even more than capable, he still needs extra classroom support that he apparently is not getting.

That's on the district. Every child should receive an appropriate education, including accommodation for issues like this and that doesn't include being treated like so much cordwood because he was allowed to get out of control if they knew this was a semi-regular issue.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Im mixed. On one hand I feel it's not my place to speak on it as I'm not his mother and I know nothing about the nuances of his diagnosis.....

On the other hand, My sons father and I have had to carry our almost 3 year old out of his cousins birthday party room like that once because he just started screaming at the top of his lungs and hitting and kicking me when everyone started to sing happy birthday.... Kid loves music, loves singing, but you get a group of people singing happy birthday and it just absolutely sets him off. Sometimes the only way to move him from a situation that is upsetting him or causing him to lash out is by removing him, by force, and if he fights back (which i'm sure is a natural instinct) what are the adults to do? I don't want them hitting him or purposefully causing him harm certainly, but even I understand sometimes removing a combative child is necessary especially when they are harming others around them.

So I guess I don't truly know unless it ever happens to my kid in school (GOD FORBID) Now the whole dragging him with his face on the floor at the end I was pretty grossed out by that. Hes just a kid and especially if he has a diagnosis he didn't ask for that, it's not his fault, he deserves some damn dignity hes a child.

-Alee

edit on 8/13/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/13/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Pretty damn sure if that was my child that had been roughed up like that those teachers would need to leave the country to escape my wrath.

I hope they are fired, charged and jobless for ever.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

And here's the thing -- you are going to discover that when it comes to schools, they will always think they know better than you because they are educated in children whereas you've only raised that child intensively for all the years of his life.

We ran into that last year with the kindergarten teacher who sized us up right away as older parents of an only child and automatically chalked his behavior up to being spoiled. We knew right away that none of what was happening was normal, but we couldn't get a word in edgewise. She knew better.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
If your kid needs special help then send him to a special school.

My daughter was really good with an autistic kid in her grade. She could calm him down and was really good for him. Unfortunately the teachers noticed this and for the next couple of years they would pull her out of classes when he started to act up.
I had to have a meeting with the principle to put an end to it. My kid should not have to babysit another student. It's not fair to her.

Schools are not equipped to deal with autism. They take way to much of a teachers time.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Hard to say; as a father of two little girls I know I wouldn't want to see my kids treated like that by others.

But if I was being honest I have had to remove my youngest daughter from a room in much the same way twice in her life. There are times when kids can become historical and it's very difficult to remove them from the situation. I'm quite a large man, but if my daughter doesn't want to be picked up she can squirm her way out of anything. It's a combination of trying not to hurt them while trying to make them do something they do not want to do.

I also had the pleasure of working with a child who had behavioral problems. To be clear he was a nice sweet kid, he was never "being bad". But there where times he would become a danger to himself and the other kids around him and he had to be removed to a one on one environment. Unfortunately his mother refused to acknowledge that her son needed special help and that made it even more difficult to deal with him.

It is very difficult to know what is the right move from day to day with these types of kids and a few seconds of video is not enough to tell the whole story. I'd like to know why the county prosecutor decided against pursuing felony charges? And what disciplinary actions the school takes and why before I pass judgement.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I saw this on the news the other night.

They appeared to be carrying him, as opposed to.dragging him. Other than that I didn't think much of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That's the other problem. Until we get school choice, people like this family are going to likely be trapped in the public school system. School choice could free up this family to seek out a special school using the funds that are now being sent to the public school that really isn't equipped to properly deal with the child and will still fight tooth and nail to keep him trapped there because they don't want to lose that money.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
If a kid is in a swimming pool and freaks out and starts to drown, what do the lifeguards do. First they have to subdue the child before they can get him out of the pool. They need to do this physically with as much care for the child as possible. if as is reported, this seems similar to me. Neither of those women seem intent on doing the child harm, rather they seem calm and intent on getting the child, with not only no help from him but rather a whole lot of resistance, to a more safe situation.

I know no more than what I see here but I saw no cause to out of hand condemn these adults.

I agree with Ketsuko, if this child has this tendency, it must have been known prior to this event. So why were these teachers placed in such an awkward situation. Kind of a lose lose it seems to me.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Pretty damn sure if that was my child that had been roughed up like that those teachers would need to leave the country to escape my wrath.

And yet, if your kid was biting, kicking, and screaming at my kid, and the teachers didn't do something, you would be the one fleeing wrath
See how this works?

If the kid can't be trusted in public, it can't be trusted in public. Tribes solved this problem a melena ago by taking care of their own... Now solving the problem of degenerates is considered a crime punishable by death.

No wonder our species is doomed to die on this rock.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

And yet, if your kid was biting, kicking, and screaming at my kid, and the teachers didn't do something, you would be the one fleeing wrath
See how this works?

If the kid can't be trusted in public, it can't be trusted in public. Tribes solved this problem a melena ago by taking care of their own... Now solving the problem of degenerates is considered a crime punishable by death.

No wonder our species is doomed to die on this rock.

If my child had autism or problems with violence I would not be leaving him a #ing public to be manhandled to start with there fellah.

You see I am not a useless parent, I have had to work hard with my kid and I have spent more hours than I care to keeping him calm and giving him a chance at life.

Those teachers are out of line, the issues that the child presented should have dealt with far earlier than needing to drag the kid through the school.

Our species is doomed because people care more about themselves than they do their own kids.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
He is 7, there is no reason to be dragging him through the hall.. I do not care if he was biting and kicking.

If the kid has a history of it, then why the fark has the district not moved him to a place that knows how to deal with him, or set up a way in the school to help deal with him.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
What do you do when it's your kid who is bit and kicked?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
He is 7, there is no reason to be dragging him through the hall.. I do not care if he was biting and kicking.

If the kid has a history of it, then why the fark has the district not moved him to a place that knows how to deal with him, or set up a way in the school to help deal with him.

People are too #ing stupid to know how to deal with children in this day and age. It is pathetic and disheartening.
edit on 13-8-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

They didn't have cameras in that area?

I would think in the classroom and I doubt they have cameras in the classrooms.

Honestly this didn't look that bad to me, what are they supposed to do? Everyone would be furious if they called the cops, everyone would be furious if the kid hurt himself or other students. I feel bad for the kid and the teachers.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I found the actions of the teacher and aid satisfactory. When she starts dragging the child along the smooth floor he stops resisting, because he enjoys it. My 7 year old autistic son loves being man handled and would enjoy being dragged along the floor like that.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

People are too #ing stupid to know how to deal with children in this day and age. It is pathetic and disheartening.

S&F for this comment. Best one so far.

Teachers are taught how to teach but they no nothing about raising children.

Everything I see in those clips is wrong. They had no respect at all for the 7 year old. I have handled children like this and these teachers simply have no clue.

Teachers these days have no respect for the student as an individual. They seem to think ... this is just another kid.

Where has the humanity gone.

P

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join