It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superstorm could be forming! Unprecedented size!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm ready, the generator is gassed and the neighbors are plump.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm ready, the generator is gassed and the neighbors are plump.

I bet you have a little cheese pizza stashed away too ....

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I am from Cocoa Beach. We got it from Frances in Jeanne in '04, Charlie got Orlando and we were for enough east to avoid hurricane conditions. Ivan hit the panhandle and I went gulfside chasing surf. We saw nothing but a heavy squall when Ivan's remnants did a bizarre loop and redeveloped.

Nothing to doom about at the moment, though 91L, the disturbance off of Africa has potential.

Also tropical storm Gert looks much stronger, it will be interesting to see what the 11pm advisory says.

Charley got us hard in central FL, Frances, my one memory from that one, while no electricity, wife and I are laying in bed, and water starts running out of the ceiling fan. Jeanne was a flash in the pan compared to the other two. Charley is the one I will remember, yeah it was bad. People in Orlando screaming, why isn't the city helping us more, those of us in the rural areas firing up chainsaws.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I did not evacuate for either Jeanne or Frances despite the mandatory evac. The first block or so from the beach looked a snowstorm had hit with all the white sand from the beach covering everything.

I would stay again unless I was expecting 130mph or higher and/or an extreme storm surge. I dont live there anymore though.

Always good to be prepared. For Frances we had storm conditions for maybe 3 days. That is a long time to be inside with no power. Despite having enough provisions, it really sucked running out of ice and consequently cold beer.
edit on 13-8-2017 by jrod because: Typi

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

I did not evacuate for either Jeanne or Frances despite the mandatory evac. The first block or so from the beach looked a snowstorm had hit with all the white sand from the beach covering everything.

I would stay again unless I was expecting 130mph or higher and/or an extreme storm surge. I dont live there anymore though.

Always good to be prepared. For Frances we had storm conditions for maybe 3 days. That is a long time to be inside with no power. Despite having enough provisions, it really sucked running out of ice and consequently cold beer.

Outside of flooding I would never evac. My neighbor and I were out at midnight with flashlights trying to determine the damage after Charley. Up early the next more, calculating the next stet. County had a burn ban, he was a deputy, guess what we did? Had a weenie roast.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I bet you have a little cheese pizza stashed away too ....

I only like that fresh.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Conditions need to be a lot more extreme to form a hyper-cane and you'd need ocean surface temperatures to be at least 122 degrees Fahrenheit.

If there was really a hyper-cane, imagine at the center of the storm a giant tornado 10 miles wide and 20 miles high with 500 mph sustained winds and hurricane force winds extending out the entire width of the United States.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Sharks, you forgot to add sharks.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Look like we need to warn George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg to stay off of fishing boats for the foreseeable future.......

Or at least have a lifeboat

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
91L Floater Sat full link
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Visible Loop
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Water Vapor Loop
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Rainbow Loop
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Sit back and enjoy the show

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I live in the eastern most town on long island, we couldn't get gas for a month. They had to put a system in place where you were allowed to get gas 1 day a week, based on the last digit of your lisence plate. Even still, lines were miles long at ALL the gas stations. Someone pried the lid off my ex's has take and siphoned basicslly all of it out. Power outage didn't last more than a couple days though, a lot of our line are burried for that exact scenario. The western part of the island got it a hell of a lot worse, whole town's flooded in feet of water. The old Grumman air base had to be used for all the cars that were ruined. Just imagine a small airport completely filled with double stacked cars.
I can't even imagine what this would do.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Its quite common to have a succession of tropical disturbances running up from West Africa towards the Caribbean at this time of year.

Gert is not expected to affect the US (maybe some big waves in the NE) and it will be well out of the way, its remnants en route to the UK, before Invest 91l (the next distubance) - if it even becomes a tropical storm - gets anyway near the Caribbean

weather.com...

There is more chance that Trump will admit on live TV that he is really a North Korean transvestite vegan called Kia Ora, than any "superstorm" forming

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
to much wind shear once the storm hit that its dead dead dead sorry no doom in this one .
Besides the fact its already to far north to gain much strength anyway .
I live in Florida its in my instrest to know when a storm is or even has a chance to be a threat
and this one is no threat

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Guess hurricanes don't like white nationalists in Charlotte either.

Many Atlantic hurricanes follow the paths that the slaves ships took and inflict their damage....so you could be correct.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hitparader>>>> Anybody else think that maybe the pumping stations had " help" in failing down in New Orleans. Its been quiet weather wise and flooding makes a good story. Why, it can even be tied to global warming. The MSM has a win/win and toss in that poor black people aren't getting any help and its a trifecta.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

It doesn't seem like a threat yet, but once it hits the gulf stream this storm is gonna party.

I would start preparing now even if the threat is low, I've seen cyclonic storms double their strength overnight. I would closely watch this development Gert is only a baby at 1100 hectopascals and if you don't know much about meteorology I'll try to explain it simply.

Hectopascals are like the DEFCON system, the lower the number the greater the threat. Gert at 1100 is tame; if the coming storm comes in at 1000 HP things will get wet and wild. If this storm reaches 990 HP you then the real trouble starts. If it gets to 980 HP then high tail it if you are in a low lying area or on the coast. I know this is a 'what if' situation but I've been caught off guard before. There was a storm brewing up north of where I live and I was like 'bah, just a bit of wind and rain' fourteen hours later my apartment was hit by 200 mph winds and it literally made a house down the street disappear.

It's early days but i'd be watching closely, there seems to be a large trough and that means if it doesn't dissipate many people on the east coast could be fishing on their front lawn.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The threat of a superstorm is nil.

The invests could pose a threat in the future, but for the moment they are nothing but disturbances.

I use millibars more than wind speed for the threat of a system. Average sea level pressure is 1013mb, Gert is currently at 986 mb.

950mb is the threshold for me, I dont want to be anywhere near a strorm that strong. Only a handful of storms have been sub 900mb, the Labor Storm of 1935, Wilma at her peak in the Caribbean are a a handful of examples.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
now that's preparation a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Trueman

I was up near Trenton when Sandy hit.
No power or hot water for a week before I had to check in to a new unit in DC.

I had to get a hotel room about 30 minutes north of DC so I could shower and shave before I showed up.

Those bastards still charged me a full night's rate for 2hrs. Was only there from 10am - noon.

Now I'm in New Orleans, so I'm sure we'll get whacked at some point before I leave here.

If it gets froggy in the city i'm 35 minutes away with a spare bedroom that's never been slept in. Give me a shout. We're not quite as inept with drainage as our down-river cousins. If we lost 16 pumps we wouldn't even blink.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

The first storm looks like it starts out spinning in one direction and then reverses its spin as it moves along. Maybe it's just mine eyes or not something that's all that interesting. I'm not a weather expert by any stretch of the imagination.

edit on 15-8-2017 by icanteven because: typohhhhhh

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join