It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. McAuliffee: You Are not Welcome

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Some of my favorite gems from the media fiasco were:

"unless you are a Native American, you came here from somewhere else ..." (what?)

And the Mayor's little tidbit:
"We survived segregation, We survived McCarthyism, we will survive this."

There is little doubt to be had over who they want to blame for the violence. Was there any violence before the bottles began flying from the "counter-protesters"? Yet not a word of denunciation of their violence.

When defense is defamed, violence is inevitable.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

It's a difference of organized groups. The leaders of the hotel supremacists are they denouncing the violence?

I saw blm spokespeople denounce the violence in Ferguson, which was a response to a social event not a planned protest for black power overy whites.

Each circumstance is different.

Where is the line? Probably the rhetoric and motive. Motive and intent is an important part of the law. We may find out in a few days the leaders of the white supremacists wanted to get a violent reaction. Maybe they want a race war.

Maybe not. Hard to tell when your sole purpose is to protest American was made for whites only.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Dbl
edit on 13-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Pretty hilarious you talk about linear thinking and that all yanks have it.

Guess you missed the irony of your statement.

nope

So you did see the irony.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
a reply to: Vorian

This idiot needs to resign asap. He clearly allowed the clash between both groups to happen otherwise the police would've reacted sooner to deescalate the situation. Antifa are a violent group by default and nothing was done to prevent them from attacking the other side. Both sides are full of idiots granted but don't act surprise when you make a already volatile situation worse by allowing Antifa to attend the protest as well. I saw an unreal looking pic of an Antifa member using a homemade flamethrower on another person. These people are dangerous and it's clearly getting out of hand.

There white supremacists were not the victims though nice try.

There are dozens of pic and videos of them starting the fights. Whether it's bearing an old man on the ground or whatever.

The point of these rallies is often to create a riot. My guess is a few people on the white nationalists side are going to be sued and Maybe charges with crimes once the nsa is done sifting through the emails. Also they were the ones with a permit so the blame will go to them. The opposition didn't register, they don't know who they are, but may be able to pull a few from photos.

They never should have allowed this without a massive police presence. That we can probably agree on.

Good let them catch all the violent idiots on both sides and throw the book at them but defending this pic is pretty low to be honest.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Didn't this whole thing start because Charlottesville is removing the Robert E Lee statue ? And locals there with their last name Lee are having a hard time with people callig them racist ? .

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Defending the pic?

Some idiot with a hairspray can? How is that different than having torches waived at people?

Yeah its a crap show. I don't defend any of it. However it doesn't take a genius to know a white supremacist March in a liberal college town through a liberal college campus will need extra security.

What I said was the supremacists were not the victims. I didn't defend the photo. Though I don't have a video to see what the event actually was taken at face value it's just another whacko lib fighting a whacko right winger. I don't fell bad for either of those peoples groups.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This chump is a governor.
But you're right....He shouldn't be saying this for us...We should all be saying it ourselves. There is no room for bigotry in democracy.
There's no room for people who hate merely because of what you look like.
Nothing is more ignorant than hating someone for the color of their skin.

It's only okay when the left is foaming at the mouth on how much they hate Trump and make fun of his small hands and orange skin?

It's not hate when your so called leaders actually promote Resistance?

It's not hate when the left has done nothing but disrupt and molest the "Peaceful Transition of Power", a fundamental building block of our democracy, that they were so eager to stand behind before the election.

Okay, got it.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

When did the right become such babies.

Every president has this problem.

Bush had a massive controversy and the protests were pretty large. Obama had the birth cirtificate issue and large rallies with hateful signs.

Get over it it's tough to be president. But whining like the people you are condemning don't do any good.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
yay... he chose a side instead of educating people on the responsibilities of free speech..

Gee that really helped sir... oh yea it helped where you want it in the approval ratings.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I found myself almost weeping when I heard his speech. After all the other - hatred- here and elsewhere, it was soothing to know there are still good men in the world.

Bravo! I can't say it enough. And one of them said "My ancestors fought long and hard against Hitler, and to rid the world of Nazi's. I'll be damned if we will have them here".

edit on 8/13/2017 by angeldoll because: added color because I wanted to

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Divide and conquer.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

That looks like self defense to me!

Don't even try to pretend that you don't have any idea what a group of white supremacists with torches, marching on a southern town square provokes in the minds of the residents and onlookers.

]

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

edit on 8jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Vorian

Do we live in a free society where ugly nasty people are just as free to express their sick and twisted ideologies, or do we live in a closed society where only those who believe a certain way should be allowed to live?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That looks like self defense to me!

Don't even try to pretend that you don't have any idea what a group of white supremacists with torches, marching on a southern town square provokes in the minds of the residents and onlookers.

]

The reason this is being heavily defended on ATS:

Many wish they could have joined their racist cult members.
Many realize that exposes themselves, and need to stick to anonymous internet postings to bolster their meme magic alt-right Nazism white power non-sense.

It's easier to talk about how one is a supporter of Nazism on ATS than in the real world. These people are the biggest snowflakes of them all.

They truly believe that kicking a Nazi's teeth down their throat is a worse offense than the Nazi regime mass-murdering 10+million people.

I can't wrap my brain around it. WWII would be much different with this generation. Rather than invade and end Hitler, we'd have held off and let him be because of political correctness and how silencing Nazi's #ed up political agendas makes one worse than a Nazi.

Just goes to show. People want to see those Nazi flags, Nazi salutes, and Nazi chants on American streets.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Apparently we live in a society where the government doesn't realize a rally like this would need more law enforcement. After 3 or 4 of these you would think they would plan a little better and ask for more help if they need it

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

There should have been hundreds of arrests for violence.

People should be free to protest, but the second a fist is thrown in anger, the handcuffs go on.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

edit on 8jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Well the left have been babies a while they have the youth and idealism mixing in. I mean even in the 60's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join