It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. McAuliffee: You Are not Welcome

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Again....isn't it up to the party you feel connected to to be that voice?....

It seems you don't have enough distrust and anger towards your party which has abandoned you.

It's been quite some time the Republicans have controlled legislatures and govonorships across the US.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Again....isn't it up to the party you feel connected to to be that voice?....

It seems you don't have enough distrust and anger towards your party which has abandoned you.

It's been quite some time the Republicans have controlled legislatures and govonorships across the US.

Weren't you just upset because the Nazis were showing up there?

Of course, and I've pointed this out before ... we have two parties that really have any hope of traction and power in this country.

However, ask yourself what exactly the Republicans have done on a national scale?

The one thing they have managed to do that might make white supremacists happy is curb illegal immigration. Of course that makes a lot of people across a wide swath of the political spectrum happy for different reasons. I've even seen some very liberal folks who have decided that wholesale illegal immigration is not a net positive for the nation, but for very different reasons than a white supremacist would.

It's a mistake to think that because a white supremacist likes it it automatically is a bad thing. The question then is to figure out why they like it. In this case, it's because they think it will advance their racial goals. I happen to think a policy of slowed immigration and no illegal immigration is good because we need to work on assimilating those who are here and illegal immigration creates a permanent sub-culture of illegal labor not unlike a type of slavery.

It's also damaging to the overall economy and bad for low-skilled Americans who need those jobs but at a higher wage than illegal wages permit.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

As it is you have concervatives who don't think a gay person deserves rights. They believe a gay should be able to be fired for saying they are gay. Not for disturbing the work place like a key and peele skit just for being gay and saying they have a partner.

Names please. What conservatives are saying that?

Sarah Palin
"They are misquoting me. I said I didn’t hate people who engage in homosexual behavior… I simply said by legalizing it you are opening the door to many other things such as bestiality, child molestation, and abortion.

Jim Demint very strange man
"If someone is openly homosexual, they shouldn't be teaching in the classroom and he holds the same position on an unmarried woman who's sleeping with her boyfriend—she shouldn't be in the classroom."

Lindsey Graham. This one makes no sense since we'll we all know....
In 2002, during a South Carolina Senatorial debate, when asked if he would support as Employment Non-Discrimination Act for LGBT people, Graham said, “As in terms of employment, discrimination act. I don’t think I’d vote for it. I think it’s moving an agenda for, that is… not necessary."

Mike pence

"Congress should oppose any effort to recognize homosexuals as a 'discrete and insular minority' entitled to the protection of anti-discrimination laws similar to those extended to women and ethnic minorities."

Allen West

When pressed by an observer who demanded to know how Don’t Ask Don’t Tell repeal was different from the racial integration of the military in the 1950s, West objected to the comparison, insinuating that sexuality is a choice: “Let me explain something to you. I can’t change my color. People can change their behavior, but I can’t change my color.”

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I don't think you get what I meant.

Why have the Republicans not been your voice?

Why are the liberals such a problem? Isn't it your party ruining it for you too?

Yeah I said they are showing up. Probably the breitbart sensationalism. But most republicans do not like these scum. I never meant to imply that.

What I am saying is I can change and talk to the people I have commonality with. Because everything I say isn't a partisan fight.

I rarely see you critisize the right. Yet they haven't been your voice if all that bad stuff you mentioned is going on.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I am losing the thread of what you are after now.

There are plenty of leftists on here who claim the Democrats haven't been their voice, so that's sort of a wash.

Whether or not liberals are a problem depends on what you call a liberal. I am talking about leftists, not classical liberals. If you believe firmly in the ideals of the COTUS as written, you are a classical liberal. The problem I have with protected victim groups is that when you start picking out groups by law, then you leave others out who can be discriminated against. It goes against the idea of equal treatment before the law.

Either we all get the same treatment or there is a problem. When you start trying to chase equal outcomes, you advantage some at to the disadvantage of others.

I know the argument is always that this or that was needed or is needed, but where and when does it end? We still have Affirmative Action admissions quotas at universities that give Asians a massive point docking on their admissions test scores, more than whites, far more than blacks or Hispanics. What did Asians ever do to anyone and weren't they victims too in this country? But no one ever talks about them because they're the red-headed step-ethnicity that beats us at our own game and doesn't complain about how we held them down once so now they need special laws to help them.

Perhaps we are arguing different ideas of justice?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Let me be clear.

Is your party full of wimps? How did they let this situation you describe happen? They would have had to vote against your interests. The left can't just pass this stuff particularly when they don't have control. And even prior to the election they had substancial legislative power.

You want to blame leftists but they can't pass this stuff on their own.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Democrats don't hold the monopoly on power-hungry, weak-willed, shallow, pathetic, spineless, crap-weasel, leftists.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol,..it's true.

But in the words of George Carlin. Look at who voted for them....and my answer for why I don't vote for them is exactly the same. Sometimes I just vote for whoever isn't a r or d just for fun.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You don't?

I do. I have. I will.

Bigots can go sit and spin, and I'll say so 'til the day I can't. I don't need Gov. McAuliffee to speak my mind for me.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Nothing has been passed recently. The last really major legislative initiative that was passed was Obamacare, and that was all Democrat.

The Republicans are split between those who like smaller government, fiscal responsibility and the ones who are just like Democrats except they think they can run big government better.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I will admit, when they said they'd repeal Obamacare and lower taxes, I believed it.

That's on me.

Apologies.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

All kinds of stuff is constantly passing.

No CNN fox news stuff is passing.

They usually get you in the fat of unrelated bills.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Lol,..it's true.

But in the words of George Carlin. Look at who voted for them....and my answer for why I don't vote for them is exactly the same. Sometimes I just vote for whoever isn't a r or d just for fun.

"Look who voted for them ..."

Look at the power of incumbency.

No one likes any one in Congress, but everyone likes their own personal Congressman or woman. Therein lies your answer.

Do you like Nancy Pelosi?

What about Than Cochrane?

Doesn't matter. Neither of us gets to vote for either of them. Their constituents like them and that's all that counts. And those constituents are sitting over in Mississippi and California griping about the Congresscritters you and I vote for.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Ah but that's what I mean about nothing major.

Sure stuff had gone through but none of the signature agenda items.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
BLM gets the royal carpet. Whites marching for whites get the shaft.

Keep it up.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I had two or three weeks of hope myself. It became quickly obvious the dog ate everyone's homework.

I see rand still working. He will probably loose his next election. Thank god he was re elected. He has been trying to play ahem I mean work with the president just to get something done. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of what trump understands is because the guy gives a modest amount of sht about the situation.

He also has given a lot of charity surgery. As far as Washington goes he is as good as it gets. Good for him working in criminal justice as well.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Look, I'd like to see someone advocating for whites as much as we see groups advocating for other ethnic groups if that's the way the game has to be played.

Really, I'd prefer no one played it that way as it's wrong period, but if we're heading down that path, then there needs to be an advocacy for all groups, not just some.

However, I really don't think we want to glom on to white supremacists as the standard bearer. That's the wrong message to send, really, really wrong.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ah but that's what I mean about nothing major.

Sure stuff had gone through but none of the signature agenda items.

It's a steady unrelentless stream of little things that add up to the big bills.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

But not Obamacare ...

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

We almost got it again but with a different name.

But the little things like the pc stuff you hate ends up in those bills.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join