It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. McAuliffee: You Are not Welcome

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I always contrast this type of debate ... this drama ... to who my children are and what they've been exposed to in their lives. My kids are half-white/half-asian. They've grown up half in the United States and half abroad. That's about as diverse as you can get.

The tells:
They both want to live in the United States. They are genuine Americans.
One's a libtard and the other's a conservative. Parental influence carries only so far.

Cheers!!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: underwerks

That's tired and old.

They can spew all they want and you are claiming they were yelling "fire?" No. It's no more yelling "fire" than when Louis Farrakhan gives any of his speeches and rants on about white devils.

In the context of me and DB's conversation, I'm not comparing yelling fire in a movie theater to the rhetoric of the white nationalists at the rally, I'm just using it as an example of the limits we place on free speech.

You really like to find limits on free speech.

I'd like to think that I'm on the side of freedom and am for more free expression rather than less.

Keep on with your advocacy of silencing others though. It's seems like it is quite popular.

I'm curious and asking questions. If you want to flip that somehow into me advocating silencing people, that's on you. That's not what I think or believe.

I was just wanting an honest conversation about what's going on right now.

No worries.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You get what you ask for ... and then you're not even satisfied that got it.

Just like President Trump, you need two scoops at a one scoop event.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I found a list of lawsuits that have been filed by the freedom from religion foundation...
they seem to all have been filed in FEDERAL COURT, who happens to have jurisdiction when it comes to constitutional issues... and, yes, they all seem to have residents of the the local area.

ffrf.org...

if you go to page three of this complaint it provides the information about FFRF and why they are part of the suit. they are foundation that provides advocacy for their members when it comes to religious freedom, the freedom from religion.

can you show me anywhere where FFRF has coordinated demonstrations in anywhere?

it's two birds of different colors...
when it comes to the legal proceedings having advocates is rather common...

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It seems my point flew right over your head.

The defendant in those cases would be ... the local government.

How is that local government any business of theirs? They don't live there.

It's the same thing you are saying here. Why do they care about this? They don't live there.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: luthier

Have I ever said I think otherwise about their scumbag status?

some college kids

Have you been paying attention to what has been going on on college campuses recently? "Some college kids" is about all you have to say to understand where the leftists are coming from in this scenario. UVA is the home of the bogus campus rape story published by Rolling Stone for example that set of the campus "rape culture" craze.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thing is that there are plenty of scumbag groups in this country who are perfectly free to be absolute scumbags, give speeches, hold rallies, even speak to kids in schools, and to say otherwise is sometimes even considered controversial, but Nazis ... OMG! If they want to have a rally, all hell breaks loose and we better ban them.

Now, don't get me wrong, they're scum, but IMO, they're no more scummy than some of those others I am thinking of others who even have protected status in some cases because we have to be a "fair" and PC society, but here we are having a big ol' controversy over them having a march and yelling angry things for a couple days while other scumbags are protected.

Some scumbags are more equal than others it seems.

I think I told you this already but my wife is a research scientist and professor. I well aware of what goes on. Only it isn't only what you say. Here in SC it's also the right wing. You don't hear about it because the things are often very bad and would damage the recruit process of sports teams sadly enough. Yay football

But yes the left has gone bat sht. Crazy as well.

Often times the rape culture is not liberal. It's a frat thing. In fact I could give you a month of disgusting stories and body cam videos my wife has had to watch from these parties.

The school regularly has to take nooses off trees as well.

It does take two to tango.

Again people a free to speak, I just personally find, I mean personally, white supremacists to be some of the most vile humans on the planet. I have had to study them as a philosophy student and actually read literature. It's disgusting and yes there entire purpose is to start violence and they often write about using the constitution to try and start a race riot.

And the rape thing is a huge huge issue. Girls are getting drugged more than ever, now not just at parties.
edit on 13-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I mean really dude. It's a recorded speech. It will be the same no matter what logo is in the corner of your screen.
a reply to: Sillyolme

Since Trump took office, recorded videos are no longer evidence. It's all fake news! Don't waste your time trying to explain it. It will never sink in.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

This chump is a governor.
But you're right....He shouldn't be saying this for us...We should all be saying it ourselves. There is no room for bigotry in democracy.
There's no room for people who hate merely because of what you look like.
Nothing is more ignorant than hating someone for the color of their skin.

Most Americans are not hateful bigots. Only a small small percentage. Why they get so much news coverage is beyond me. Perhaps a slow weekend?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

How can you actually believe this started in the last 8 years.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

but it's in a federal court, and the federal gov't is very much in authority to see that the constitutional rights of all citizens are protected...
tell me, where in the constitution does is claim that we have the right to dictate just what statue sits in a park in another state???

when it comes to people's constitutional rights being denied them, it should be the concern of everyone in the nation, for either we all have them unquestionably, or we could all face the time when we lose some of them.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

tell me, where in the constitution does is claim that we have the right to dictate just what statue sits in a park in another state???

That isn't how the Constitution functions, it's not a list of things we can do, it's a list of things the government cannot do.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I didn't say the rape culture itself was leftist, but the idea that it's so prevalent that 1 in 4 women are raped is in part tacked on to feminism. There is a difficulty in defining just exactly what constitutes rape.

For most people it's clearly where someone forces someone else to have sex, but there are now plenty of blurred lines. Is it where someone just looks at you wrong? There are radical feminists who say yes. Is it where you have a hookup and then regret it the next day or were messed up enough you can't really remember for sure what happened - did you or did you not consent and if you can't remember, is that rape even if you might have said yes? Is it just unwanted contact?

Clearly, people can and do get raped on campus. I don't ever want to make light of that, but at the same time, the goalposts on what exactly a rape should be and is have also been moved around enough that it's hard to get an accurate picture.

Hell, someone broke into our dorm room where my roommates and I were asleep my sophomore years and did something to one of my roommates when she woke up and caught him trying to steal stuff, but even then, I do question just how far he got with her with the other two of us in the room too. I know I was only half asleep and aware very quickly that something wasn't right and sat up. She maintains she was raped, but she was clothed and on the top bunk. So what is our definition of it? Clearly he did something to her of a sexual nature, but a full rape? I don't see how.

At any rate, the thing is that everyone shouts, no one listens and there are more and more speech codes on campus giving people the idea that things shouldn't be said or discussed and that some ideas just should never be aired. That's a problem, and I think we are reaching the point where we have stopped knowing how to talk to each other even about things we'd rather not talk about.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

but it's in a federal court, and the federal gov't is very much in authority to see that the constitutional rights of all citizens are protected...

when it comes to people's constitutional rights being denied them, it should be the concern of everyone in the nation, for either we all have them unquestionably, or we could all face the time when we lose some of them.

Oh, well then, did you miss the part where the ACLU took the local government here to court to make sure the rights to assemble were protected for this group of citizens?

I think what's going on here is that you are getting taste of your own medicine and figuring out that the laws that you love to use against groups and people you don't like can bite you in the butt too.

Too bad it took nazis to do it.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
There is a A P report that his mom says he went for or against Trump. Then she clammed up. What so many boobs miss is that a car was hit, before he ran down those perps. So A he may have panicked. B. He may be be a never Trumper, like the Scalise shooter. He ran a damaged car into rioters, and didn't stop!a reply to: underwerks

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

and those powers not given to the federal gov't is given to the states, who claim some, but then passes much down to the local level...
well, when it comes to this park's design, the power rests in the local gov't, does it not...

but look you all can sit and fight over who should or who shouldn't have their freedom of speech protected, which, ya, this time it's the supremacists rights that some want to remove, but there's been many times it's been blm, or other liberal groups that some wanted to remove... you can blame each other for the violence that results from this freedom of speech, but after yesterday's events, I have a feeling that government will feel that they have to take some kind of action. do a little research into the events before this rally.. it seems that the city's residents did not like how the police handled the previous nazi rally. it seems that they thought that the police struck out too forcibly at them to protect the nazi's right to speech. so, should they become more militant and anger their residents even more?
it's a danged statue in their park for crying out loud, in their city... it was their city council who decided it should go.. sure some might not have liked the move, but then, they can do what we all do when our representatives do something we don't like, replace them. it just seems reasonable to me that if the gov't feels the need to do something, that before they just clamp down on all protests, they at least try to confine some of these protests to those who are actually affected by the decisions of THEIR own representatives..
protest in your own danged neighborhoods, burn your own danged buildings, kill your own danged neighbors.. quite carrying your bullcrap across the danged country!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

umm.. if you watch the video, you can clearly see where he hits a couple of people BEFORE HE HITS THE CAR with enough force to send her flying over that other car!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

and those powers not given to the federal gov't is given to the states, who claim some, but then passes much down to the local level...
well, when it comes to this park's design, the power rests in the local gov't, does it not...

And? It still has no bearing on what people are and aren't able to do vis a vis the Constitution. That document is a limitation on the government, not a laundry list of things we are permitted to do.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vorian

I see the chap that organised the Far=Right Rally was one Jason Kessler.

www.houseofnames.com...

Mmmmm

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

yes.... but did you miss where the ACLU stopped the city from moving the demonstration like they wanted because they were concerned with the logistics of the location and safety issues???

I think what's going on here is that you are getting taste of your own medicine and figuring out that the laws that you love to use against groups and people you don't like can bite you in the butt too.

really, it that what you think??? I'll just suggest maybe you go back and reread some of the previous posts when it comes to blm and such and refrain from telling you what I think, okay??

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
mmmm.... what?? I am descended from ancient Teutonic Knights, what does that say about me?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join